Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 57

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Personally I think I would be fine with most little cheats. But cheats add up, and I'm not sure the diet would work as well with them.

The worst cheat for me would be drinking wine. That would totally knock me off the train.

But the beef and eggs are so satisfying I don't need any of it, so it's moot.
    Ha Ha....I agree, red wine is the gateway for me. I don't go as far into debauchery as ajm with the beer, chicken wings and pasta though. Wine leads to cheese which leads to dark chocolate and the next thing you know all hell breaks loose and I'm back to Primal - eating big salads, yams and brussel sprouts

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    I posted this in another thread but thought the 'Steak and Egss' team would find it interesting -

Two Brave Men Who Ate Nothing But Meat for an Entire Year

Also, a new term I learned today is Keto-adapted. Apparently if you have been eating a VLC mostly meat diet for an extended period you becom Keto-adapted and your urinalysis would not indicate any ketone bodies because the body would be maintaining homeostatis, using ketones for fuel and not overproducing them. Apparently meat-only eating, keto-adapted humans will be utilizing ketones for fuel in their body (ie, be in ketosis medically speaking) but urinalysis will not show excess ketone bodies.

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure if the keto-adaption is proven, though. I think some that believe they have no ketones due to adaption, actually are being knocked out of ketosis, due to gluconeogenesis.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    I'm not sure if the keto-adaption is proven, though. I think some that believe they have no ketones due to adaption, actually are being knocked out of ketosis, due to gluconeogenesis.
    Gluconeogenesis is only knocking you out of keto if you are overdoing the protein on a regular basis. If the fat percentage stays high enough it is keto-adaptation taking place.

A lot of modern day Grok wannabes do have the problem with excessive protein.

Daryl is offline Junior Member
    Exactly.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I posted this in another thread but thought the 'Steak and Egss' team would find it interesting -

Two Brave Men Who Ate Nothing But Meat for an Entire Year
    To drive the CICO people nuts -- these were small guys, leading sedentary lives, eating 2700 calories a day. They didn't gain weight.

Go crazy rationalizing *that*.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Start of week 2. 2lbs of cube steak, and 1/2lb of top round for the day. Along with 8 total eggs. Yesterdays plantain fest was actually kinda fun.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I made my own sausage with ground pork and sage and coal fired it on my new bbq. I used some bacon drippings to scramble eggs with. A good dinner!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Stomach is so flat! OMG!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    To drive the CICO people nuts -- these were small guys, leading sedentary lives, eating 2700 calories a day. They didn't gain weight.

Go crazy rationalizing *that*.
    Obviously the were overestimating how much they were eating then!
    ;-p
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast