Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 56

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I have some unsolicited advice for anyone out there who's like me. If you want results on this diet:

Total Commitment.

Yes, this might not be true for many of you who will get lean as you sneak in some handfuls of dark chocolate or nuts or have some wine with dinner. This advice is not for you. This is for the men and women in here who can't eat 28 grams of walnuts or drink 5 oz. of red wine. This is the poor souls who can't go out to happy hour and drink iced tea and enjoy yourselves. You either go out and have a dozen hot wings and 4 pints of beer or you stay home and stuff bloody steak in your maw. When you play the game of steak and eggs, you win or you binge. There is no middle ground.

Don't sit there and ask if it's ok to throw some of your wife's sauteed mushrooms on your steak. Don't open the cabinet where the dark chocolates and dried fruits are. In fact, don't open any of the cabinets. You need the meat drawer in the refrigerator, the stove, a knife, and a glass to hold your water. You don't need sriracha, and you don't need those leftover asparagus from last weekend that are just gonna go bad anyway. You need to throw those away. You don't need herbs, but you can have those too. You don't need cream, but you're gonna be weak so keep that around anyway.

For these few weeks, your life revolves around bloody beef and runny eggs. You don't snack, you don't sample, and you don't try. You eat your meat and then you leave the kitchen. One sip of wine is poison. It is the first taste of failure and you cannot afford it. One bite of your husband's salad is treason. It will afford no lasting pleasure but will open the gates to rationalization and weakness. This is not hard. You don't know what hard is. Hard is waking up everyday with some malady you can't escape. Hard is climbing back up the trail after you've sprained your ankle and there's no help for you. Hard is losing a loved one. Drinking your tea without creamer is not hard and you bloody well know it.

You've chosen steak and eggs. Commit to steak and eggs. Commit to success, commit to consistency, and commit to yourself. And stay the hell away from the snack drawer.

jilly is offline Member
    ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368466733.753896.jpg today is day one for me of the steak and eggs diet. I'm going to try it for 2 weeks to see how I like it, with no refeed day on the weekend. I am not lean enough for that, so I will push through until Memorial Day. This is a pic of lunch, I actually had a long enough break at work to be able to come home to eat. This is leftover prime rib from last night and 2 whole eggs scrambled in kerrygold. Yummmm!! Dinner will most likely be a grass fed ribeye with a few eggs after a work out. Hope everyone had a great weekend, I'm glad to be joining in the experient with y'all!!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I'll cop to having coffee with cream in it every morning. I'm not giving it up. I'm using this s&e challenge to bust a plateau and it's working really well. In a few months I'm sure I'll do this again; it seems to be a very effective tool. Other than the cream, I'm with you. Steak. Eggs. Steak. Eggs. Steak. Eggs. Steak. Eggs. And some anti-bad breath leaves

Parsley is also very good for bad breath. I'm glad I have an herb garden.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Bonded by the blood of the beef.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I'll cop to having coffee with cream in it every morning. I'm not giving it up. I'm using this s&e challenge to bust a plateau and it's working really well. In a few months I'm sure I'll do this again; it seems to be a very effective tool. Other than the cream, I'm with you. Steak. Eggs. Steak. Eggs. Steak. Eggs. Steak. Eggs. And some anti-bad breath leaves

Parsley is also very good for bad breath. I'm glad I have an herb garden.
    Yeah, honestly I put a splash of cream in my evening tea every now and again, but I know based on prior experience that this isn't a "gateway cheat" for me. Other, similar allowances are triggers though. For some reason when I put sriracha on my eggs, I think, "well I had something spicy. I need something sweet to balance out." And then I have some 88% dark chocolate. And then a few cashews. And then some chocolate. Rinse, repeat.

It's depressing how weak I can be sometimes. The only way I stick with it is hard rules and no exceptions. I did allow myself a few dashes of hot sauce on my eggs last night, with no ill effects. I suck at moderation.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Yeah, honestly I put a splash of cream in my evening tea every now and again, but I know based on prior experience that this isn't a "gateway cheat" for me. Other, similar allowances are triggers though. For some reason when I put sriracha on my eggs, I think, "well I had something spicy. I need something sweet to balance out." And then I have some 88% dark chocolate. And then a few cashews. And then some chocolate. Rinse, repeat.

It's depressing how weak I can be sometimes. The only way I stick with it is hard rules and no exceptions. I did allow myself a few dashes of hot sauce on my eggs last night, with no ill effects. I suck at moderation.
    I completely understand and commiserate with you. I could have written your post. I too have to maintain a by the book hard line without deviation. That's why I'm a 100 percenter on primal. I cannot do 80% or 90%. No moderation. Anything off-course is a trigger. Some of us need guidelines and we have to follow them. And that's fine. And it's especially good that you actually realize this, ajm.

The reason I can do the cream in the coffee is actually because I thought it was allowed. On the s&e. And I did it for a week before realizing it wasn't. So I'm kind of fooling myself into believing it's part of the s&e challenge. So it's ok, and I'm fine with it, and I'm still doing it 100%. Because I say so

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Personally I think I would be fine with most little cheats. But cheats add up, and I'm not sure the diet would work as well with them.

The worst cheat for me would be drinking wine. That would totally knock me off the train.

But the beef and eggs are so satisfying I don't need any of it, so it's moot.

I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and cut out all the cream. I hate drinking herbal tea without cream, so I guess I'll either just suck it up or not drink tea. Like I said in my post, this is not hard.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and cut out all the cream. I hate drinking herbal tea without cream, so I guess I'll either just suck it up or not drink tea. Like I said in my post, this is not hard.
    Since quitting smoking cold turkey, I know there is no temptation that I can't overcome. When faced with temptation I just review my goals in my head. When that is done I am no longer tempted and I just move right along. I guess what I do is a cost/benefit analysis.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Since quitting smoking cold turkey, I know there is no temptation that I can't overcome. When faced with temptation I just review my goals in my head. When that is done I am no longer tempted and I just move right along. I guess what I do is a cost/benefit analysis.
    Congratulations on quitting. As ridiculous as it sounds, quitting peanut butter was much the same to me. I had to let it go cold turkey, and I can't even walk down that isle in the grocery store. If I do, that old voice comes back and starts making excuses. "It'll be good in your protein shakes - you'll use up all that whey you've had hanging around." Or, "you can control yourself as long as you only put it in your oatmeal." Whenever I succumb and buy a jar, it doesn't last more than a few days. I put it away with a spoon in only a few sittings.

I've been clean for a few months now. Sigh. I miss my peanut butter.

Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast