Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 55

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am going to be hungry today, boiling a dozen eggs as I type this. I expect to peel and shuck them and eat half the yolks with or for lunch.

I think all the bodyweight exercise I am doing (chinups, handstand) is interfering with my bench press recovery. Probably I just need to get a little less exercise, but I have so much energy that every time I go past the pullup bar I do one. (almost)

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I do that as well, thanks for the reminder, Z0oom! I started oil pulling several years ago, and switched to CO last Oct when I first started with primal. It's much more pleasant and really whitens the teeth. I can't make it ten minutes though...I start to gag. Five is a major accomplishment. My mouth is a real saliva-making machine. If spit ever becomes a commodity I'll be one rich woman.

We have a mint plant on our back patio and I pinch off a few leaves every day and stick them in the pocket of whatever I'm wearing. Really does the job.

Navajo is offline Member
    I think I might have missed a page somewhere (HA!). I only took in approx 150 grams of carbs for my refeed on Saturday. Is that enough to reset everything for the coming week? I (and my son) did notice I was REALLY tired Saturday and was pretty grumpy Sunday. Might have to ramp up the carbs next time. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    I think I might have missed a page somewhere (HA!). I only took in approx 150 grams of carbs for my refeed on Saturday. Is that enough to reset everything for the coming week? I (and my son) did notice I was REALLY tired Saturday and was pretty grumpy Sunday. Might have to ramp up the carbs next time. Any thoughts?
    We're all on n=1 here. Just soldier on.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Mint lowers testosterone. Avoid.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Try chewing on some cardamom, coriander, or fennel seeds or a combination thereof. Fennel is also good for digestion.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Mint lowers testosterone. Avoid.
    Interesting, thanks for the heads up! Apparently mint is something that can be good form women and not so much for men. Although the studies indicate you need to be consuming a lot of mint to create a problem. Here's a link to an interesting overview.

Mint Tea Warning
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-13-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Try chewing on some cardamom, coriander, or fennel seeds or a combination thereof. Fennel is also good for digestion.
    Thanks for the suggestions Lynna!

Week 1 was atypical, because I ate far too much. Adjusting down my intake last week to closer to my hunger level, I found that the difference between the highest weight (post carb feed day) and the lightest weight was 5 pounds. I appear to be losing about 3 pounds a week based on week 2 data, but I don't have enough data to determine whether this is a trend.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Week 1 was atypical, because I ate far too much. Adjusting down my intake last week to closer to my hunger level, I found that the difference between the highest weight (post carb feed day) and the lightest weight was 5 pounds. I appear to be losing about 3 pounds a week based on week 2 data, but I don't have enough data to determine whether this is a trend.
    Based on my personal previous weight loss experience on this diet, once you have locked in your routine, typically you will drop 3 to 5 lbs Monday thru Saturday, gain 2 to 3 lbs on the refeed then drop 3 to 5 lbs during the next 6 days and so on. So over the 4 weeks your net weight loss would be 2 lbs per week or 8 lbs over the 4 week period. Of course each of us will react a little differently and the amounts lost and gained will vary, but the trends should generally be the same.

Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast