Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 54

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    I really don't see the need to stuff yourself unless you are already very lean and in danger of losing too much weight due to the appetite suppression of ketosis.

I like the way eKatherine does her refeeds, fruit and seafood with a side of kimchi.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    When today is all said and done I will have eaten over 10 pounds of food. I feel like I'm dying almost.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    The foods you chose looked great. Did you go for the high volume for a specific reason?

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    The foods you chose looked great. Did you go for the high volume for a so I reason?
    No reason. I was shopping and kept thinking "Oh, I like that; I'll buy some." $40 and 3 full grocery bags later I was like "Oh hell, that's a lot of food!"

When I unpacked it and took that picture I figured I'd go with my life motto of "Go big or go home." Kind of a personal challenge for the refeed day inside of the steak and eggs challenge.

I'm very lean, so a gigantic food day isn't a big deal, and I've always been able to eat a superhuman amount of food. I'm kinda dreading pulling out the 2 sweet potatoes in 10 minutes, though. I feel like a duck getting stuffed for foie gras. I've literally been eating non-stop all day. I also look like I've added 15 pounds today, mostly muscle. Abs still look pretty good but less definition.

About 5 more pounds of food left to eat today. I'm gonna do it!

Edit: just ate a sweet potato and more stir fry...15 minutes after my last big meal. I might be putting myself in the hospital. I feel like I should have a documentary crew with me all day. This is unbelievable.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    Last edited by Mr. Anthony; 05-12-2013 at 03:45 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I really don't see the need to stuff yourself unless you are already very lean and in danger of losing too much weight due to the appetite suppression of ketosis.

I like the way eKatherine does her refeeds, fruit and seafood with a side of kimchi.
    This is about 1900 calories of food, and I don't know if I can finish my tomatoes and oranges.

I'm guessing I will have no appetite tomorrow, just like last week.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Happy Monday everyone! Week 3 begins today for those starting with the original gourp. I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed their refeed day. These next two weeks will really begin to lock in some fat loss progress and you should all be noticing a significant differences in how you look in the mirror. Take care to brush your teeth and mouth wash regularily so your sig others don't get overwhelmed with Ketone breath!

Best of luck to everyone and welcome aboard to all the newcomers.

Z0oom is offline Member
    Refeed day went spectacular. Started off with 2 bananas, another 2 bananas+ 3 eggs for pancakes, an apple, and orange for breakfast.
    Lunch was lentils, beans, and caper mix with two servings of roasted potatoes, and another apple.
    A handful of some Shift pale ales.
    Dinner was two large sweet potatoes and a bite of pork tenderloin.

Plus another banana or two in there....oh yea and that shot of jagermeister before mushroom hunting.

This morning was difficult to get down the eggs and steak but I managed too, and I'm more than ready to fast all day and burn it off with some lifting.

Abs are very visible now, and my arms and chest look much larger....Best shape I've ever been in!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Take care to brush your teeth and mouth wash regularily so your sig others don't get overwhelmed with Ketone breath!
    You said it. I'm bringing mint leaves everywhere with me to chew on! This is the 3rd day of my second week so I'm a little behind. I may change up my refeed day this week. My son's gf made me primal chocolate dipped strawberries for mother's day and I want to eat them on my refeed day, which is Friday. If they don't look like they're going to make it till then I'll switch it up!

And I got a kamado style ceramic egg smoker/bbq from my husband. The way it cooks meat is to die for. It puts a beautiful charcoal char on steak. My s&e diet just got a whole lot more delicious

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    You said it. I'm bringing mint leaves everywhere with me to chew on! This is the 3rd day of my second week so I'm a little behind. I may change up my refeed day this week. My son's gf made me primal chocolate dipped strawberries for mother's day and I want to eat them on my refeed day, which is Friday. If they don't look like they're going to make it till then I'll switch it up!

And I got a kamado style ceramic egg smoker/bbq from my husband. The way it cooks meat is to die for. It puts a beautiful charcoal char on steak. My s&e diet just got a whole lot more delicious
    Mint leaves, great idea! Anyone else have any suggestions for dealing with Ketone breath, make sure you post them here for others dealing with this challenge. I bet Paleo Bird has some ideas as she lives VLC and is probably in Ketosis most of the time.

That ceramic smoker sounds awesome!

Z0oom is offline Member
    As far as mouthwash goes, a coconut oil works wonders for me. I pretty much use coconut oil in all my dental hygiene products. I swish for 10 minutes before brushing and it pulls organic oils out from your teeth and makes them strong, white, and fresh. I bet you might be able to smell ketones on my breath, but I'm not sure what it smells like exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    As far as mouthwash goes, a coconut oil works wonders for me. I pretty much use coconut oil in all my dental hygiene products. I swish for 10 minutes before brushing and it pulls organic oils out from your teeth and makes them strong, white, and fresh. I bet you might be able to smell ketones on my breath, but I'm not sure what it smells like exactly.
    Another great idea, thanks ZOoom!

Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast