Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 53

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Next weekend I'll fast until noon. Just to mix it up.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Carb refeed day! Woke up this morning and decided to bake a yam and mix it with a cup of white rice. Then ate an apple and a bannana for 165 gms of Carbs.

I will stay low fat and keep the diet grain and dairy free today but otherwise pack in the carbs. Shooting for about 350-400 gms. It will be interesting to see how this impacts my workout day tomorrow as I'm shooting for some 1 RMs in the Bench, Squat and Deadlift.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    First carb day! Baked sweet plantains, chicken and...more plantains! Seriously, they are cheaper than potatoes.

The week was easy, weighed myself Friday, I had dropped 5lbs in the last 2 months(batteries dead in scale) while eating high-ish carb paleo and training 5 days a week for my Krav maga test. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Carb refeed day! Woke up this morning and decided to bake a yam and mix it with a cup of white rice. Then ate an apple and a bannana for 165 gms of Carbs.

I will stay low fat and keep the diet grain and dairy free today but otherwise pack in the carbs. Shooting for about 350-400 gms. It will be interesting to see how this impacts my workout day tomorrow as I'm shooting for some 1 RMs in the Bench, Squat and Deadlift.
    I'm SMASHING some carbs today. Basically force-feeding myself all day long. Check out the picture I posted earlier in this thread; it's a MASSIVE volume of food. I'm on a mission to get it all down. I'll probably feel like hell later. It's fun though.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm SMASHING some carbs today. Basically force-feeding myself all day long. Check out the picture I posted earlier in this thread; it's a MASSIVE volume of food. I'm on a mission to get it all down. I'll probably feel like hell later. It's fun though.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    Ha Ha!....Have fun

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My goal is to eat mostly carbs as vegetables and fruit while keeping my calorie intake between 2000 and my estimated maintenance value of about 1800.

Last night I wanted to do some exercise, but there wasn't really anything I had yet to do. I decided to do some hanging leg raises, something I rarely do and basically suck at, since I seem to have weak hip flexors and no motivation.

Surprise, I was able to do an L-hang and also bring my knees up to my chest in the tuck position.

Diet? Handstand work? Something made my abs a lot stronger since the last time I tried that over a month ago.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    The documentary "Frankensteer" has been on my netflix queue for months and I've only just gotten around to watching it.

I really don't want to be a downer, but a word of warning to folks in N. America, you may/may not want to watch this..

Certainly don't watch it while you're tucking into your steak if you're the slightest bit squeamish. It almost put me off my breakfast.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Fynn is offline Junior Member
    I did my carb reset yesterday. Wow I can not remember feeling so bad. I keep my calorie count at 2350 and went low fat moderate protein and up the carbs. Carbs were a little brown rice and fruit and green vegetables. Weight went up 9 lbs. I did not eat 9 pounds of food. I hope I feel better soon.
    05/01/2012 - Present
    Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
    Height 6' 6''

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    I did my carb reset yesterday. Wow I can not remember feeling so bad. I keep my calorie count at 2350 and went low fat moderate protein and up the carbs. Carbs were a little brown rice and fruit and green vegetables. Weight went up 9 lbs. I did not eat 9 pounds of food. I hope I feel better soon.
    When today is all said and done I will have eaten over 10 pounds of food. I feel like I'm dying almost.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

little vase is online now Senior Member
    You guys are hardcore. I hope I did the refeed in a way that will enable the leptin reset. I remained primal and just ate more carbs and less protein/fat. I doubt I even reached 1800 calories - my portion sizes have gotten much smaller since going primal and I wasn't about to force it down. I hate feeling full now.

Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast