Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 52

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yes people, it's refeed pig-out picture time!

Prime rib, potatoes and vegi. There's some weird creation called "onion fizzle" on the plate, hell only knows what that is, so didn't let it touch it the real food.

Did my best but could not get through the full 1800 calories. But did manage to chow a whopping 150g of carbs today...first time in five months I've surpassed 100g.
    Your problem is you're out of the habit of eating low fat. That's the only way you can consume 250g or more of carbs. No fatty meat, no butter, no cheese, no bacon, no cream. I wouldn't want to do that for 2 days in a row, but considering all the vegetables and fruit it gives me room for, it works for me.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Here's a fun thing to consider for a refeed, apparently they are high protein, low fat. I would imagine insects are very primal. With the recent huge wave of Cicadas emerging, would anyone consider eating them or any other insect? Apparently they are considered Land Shrimp and taste great. Check out the link below.

Cicadas: "The Shrimp of The Land" | NBC 10 Philadelphia
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-11-2013 at 07:33 PM.

jilly is offline Member
    Hey friends, my DH and I are going to start the steak and eggs diet on Monday, very excited! He actually lost about 15 lbs going primal back in January and has kept it off despite our slip ups, but he is going to do it with me (who needs to lose about 30 lbs or so) for support and to maintain good health. We are going to add weight training to our regimen as well. My question for ya'll is, I would like some advice on how to time my meals. I read a thread about IF, it was a three part series and had lots of good info. I actually practice IF now, but not necessarily on purpose lol! My job requires me to be awake early and I'm not a morning person. So I wake up with just enough time to make a cup of coffee with cream and jet to work. Lunch is usually not til 1 or so. The threads that I read suggested one large meal at dinner time. I don't think I could eat a full meal of steak and eggs at 600 am, which is when I would need to eat it to be on time for work. I usually can't come home to eat during lunch time, and I don't think taking steak and eggs to work would be an option either. So it seems that I could either eat one enormous meal after I work out when I get home, or eat a small meal right when I get home, work out, then a large meal afterwards? What do you guys do? I love the idea of this way of eating to shed some fat and would love for it to work out but my schedule is not very forgiving in the way of meal timing. And this particular diet is not easily portable any thoughts would be welcome, I enjoy reading everyone's experiences so far!

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    Hey friends, my DH and I are going to start the steak and eggs diet on Monday, very excited! He actually lost about 15 lbs going primal back in January and has kept it off despite our slip ups, but he is going to do it with me (who needs to lose about 30 lbs or so) for support and to maintain good health. We are going to add weight training to our regimen as well. My question for ya'll is, I would like some advice on how to time my meals. I read a thread about IF, it was a three part series and had lots of good info. I actually practice IF now, but not necessarily on purpose lol! My job requires me to be awake early and I'm not a morning person. So I wake up with just enough time to make a cup of coffee with cream and jet to work. Lunch is usually not til 1 or so. The threads that I read suggested one large meal at dinner time. I don't think I could eat a full meal of steak and eggs at 600 am, which is when I would need to eat it to be on time for work. I usually can't come home to eat during lunch time, and I don't think taking steak and eggs to work would be an option either. So it seems that I could either eat one enormous meal after I work out when I get home, or eat a small meal right when I get home, work out, then a large meal afterwards? What do you guys do? I love the idea of this way of eating to shed some fat and would love for it to work out but my schedule is not very forgiving in the way of meal timing. And this particular diet is not easily portable any thoughts would be welcome, I enjoy reading everyone's experiences so far!
    Hi Jilly, welcome on board! Your current schedule will work great. Most of us do not eat our first meal until noon and our second meal is in the evening like a normal dinner time, both meals are about the same just steak and eggs cooked in lots of butter, pretty simple really. The IF is usually 16 hours of fasting with an 8 hour eating window. So try to get your two meals in between 12 noon and 8 pm. Wishing you and your hubby the best and much success!
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-11-2013 at 06:59 PM.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Welcome, jilly and DH of jilly.

Hmmm. I don't think I can eat the cicadas. I keep coming across recipes for them but I'm just not ready to purposely eat bugs yet. I know I'm accidentally eating them in lettuce, etc., but I'm just not ready for a meal of bugs!

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Welcome, jilly and DH of jilly.

Hmmm. I don't think I can eat the cicadas. I keep coming across recipes for them but I'm just not ready to purposely eat bugs yet. I know I'm accidentally eating them in lettuce, etc., but I'm just not ready for a meal of bugs!
    Ha Ha!...I'm with you, but I bet someone in the Paleo/Primal community would.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Ha Ha!...I'm with you, but I bet someone in the Paleo/Primal community would.
    Oh, no problem. I'd eat 'em without hesitation. Especially with butter and bacon. We don't get any here, though.

Quick question I just thought of: part of my refeed tomorrow is a small 0% fat Greek yogurt with fruit. I just remembered that someone earlier said no dairy during steak and eggs. Should I leave it out?

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Oh, no problem. I'd eat 'em without hesitation. Especially with butter and bacon. We don't get any here, though.

Quick question I just thought of: part of my refeed tomorrow is a small 0% fat Greek yogurt with fruit. I just remembered that someone earlier said no dairy during steak and eggs. Should I leave it out?

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    Ha Ha!...For some reason I thought you would.

Its your call on the yogurt, according to the old school steak and eggs anything went even grains. They weren't using a high carb, low fat approach either, just basicallly ate a lot of high carb food. Since we are Paleo we should apply our Paleo guidelines to the carb refeed, if you currently use dairy in your daily diet and seem to be able to tolerate it then I don't see any problem. Personally I'm going to stay dairy and grain free. But I will be having some wine and dark chocolate!
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-11-2013 at 09:39 PM.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Is eating within an 8 hour window imperative? Taking all that food into work isn't very practical, so I have breakfast at 6am and dinner around 5 or 6...

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing the same as you CavemanJoe, breakfast in the AM then dinner in evening during the week. At weekends I generally first eat after midday.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 52 of 99 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast