Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 51

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    its great that you have your husband's support in your steak and eggs trial.
    I am very lucky in that respect. He's been my partner every step of the way. He went Primal the same day that I did.

I just don't feel like going to the gym now, the day sort of got away from me. I'm just going to run in place along with wii fit+ today. Now that I'm a more finely-honed fat-burning machine, I have to take advantage of that.... ;P And I'll just do some weights with my at home makeshift gym. I have some old plates from the 80s - the kind that are plastic and filled with sand. They're so retro. I'm just collecting old plate weights whenever I see them in thrift shops. I have a real ragtag stack of weights right now!

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Weighed in today and had my body fat calculated at the gym using calipers. I was 170 lbs, up 2 lbs from the start two weeks ago which is pretty incredible considering I have been mostly in the negative calorie range. Body fat is down to 12.5% from the 13.8% which is exactly what I'd hoped for. Pretty cool to be gaining muscle and dropping body fat so quickly.
    Excellent results.

And I think it's fun that it contradicts the conventional wisdom that you can't add muscle while losing fat. More like you can't add muscle while losing fat, when eating carbs!

Not going to measure until month end, but I expect significant body fat decrease and small muscle increase. Although not ruling out a small muscle decrease given the calorie deficit I'm running. But first priority is to hit 12% BF.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend is very supportive, too. He's not fully primal, though generally he'll eat whatever I put in front of him. He is getting tired of steak and eggs though.

Yesterday we were at the bank, and afterwards he mentioned to me that when he sees me every day, I don't necessarily look different overall, though there are small, noticeable differences. But when he saw me out in public, the comparison between me and the other people out there made me seem unexpectedly thin.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    I see the same with my wife, eKath. She's practically glowingn compared to others, and she's only been primal for a few weeks...She's refused to do the steak and eggs with me though, she can't do meat in the mornings ha.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    But when he saw me out in public, the comparison between me and the other people out there made me seem unexpectedly thin.
    The same. Yesterday my husband was walking behind me on a narrow sidewalk leading into a convenience store. He said, "Hey! You are looking gooooooooooood".

Even though he had been with me all day at home, and I was wearing the same clothes the whole time, he didn't notice me until he was focusing on something. My butt, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    I see the same with my wife, eKath. She's practically glowingn compared to others, and she's only been primal for a few weeks...She's refused to do the steak and eggs with me though, she can't do meat in the mornings ha.
    We don't normally eat until lunchtime. I IF, and he doesn't get up until noon. He's often not ready to eat until sometime later, at which point he forages through the refrigerator for something to eat.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    I must add that us husbands and boyfriends believe we get extra goodie points for complements in public...do we?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    All right, tomorrow's refeed day! I bought everything today--I'm going to try to eat ALL of it after an early morning glucose-depleting high intensity dumbbell/bodyweight circuit.

All organic: Spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, 1 lb baby carrots, zucchini, 2 big sweet potatoes, organic nonfat (ugh) greek yogurt with fruit, bell pepper, 2 bags frozen strawberries, one of raspberries, 5 bananas, 1 apple, 85% dark chocolate, and boneless skinless (ugh) chicken breast.

I'm going to make stir fry with the chicken and most of the veggies and eat that all day, and power down the rest of everything if I can. Low fat--the only fat really will be however much chocolate I polish off. $37 refeed day!

My plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast: Green bananas poached in real maple syrup with melted 86% chocolate
    Lunch: Crabmeat, winter squash, tomatoes, medjool dates
    Supper: Shrimp, snap peas, oranges

Calories: 1785
    Net carbs: 235g = 65%
    Protein: 114g = 19%
    Fat: 33g = 16%
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-11-2013 at 04:58 PM.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes people, it's refeed pig-out picture time!

Prime rib, potatoes and vegi. There's some weird creation called "onion fizzle" on the plate, hell only knows what that is, so didn't let it touch it the real food.

Did my best but could not get through the full 1800 calories. But did manage to chow a whopping 150g of carbs today...first time in five months I've surpassed 100g.

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1368317176.635856.jpg

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast