Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 50

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    What's the fat content of your steaks like? If it's relatively high, do you then compensate with the amount of eggs and butter you use? Into my 4th day and actually up a pound or two. I try not to get too anal about it, this is experiment is over a few weeks in duration, so there'll be ups and downs. Also, it could just be that I'm preserving/adding muscle mass.

Pork neck steak and 4 scrambled eggs for breakfast.
    I use more butter if the meat is leaner. When I'm doing ribeye, I feel no need for the added fat.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    A personal best today! I decided to do a pushup test before starting my weight workout this morning and was able to do 100 pushups without a break - finally!! - after trying to get there for the last couple of months. Not bad for an 'old guy'. This coming Monday I'm shooting for a bench press record 1 RM and on Wednesday trying for a record squat 1 RM. Stay tuned!

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Official Saturday weigh in: -5.4 lbs

I tried doing measurements but I suck at it. I can never find the exact spot I measured last time not to mention knowing how tight to hold the tape. I think I would need to put Sharpie marks so I know where to measure to get this right week after week.

Stelgar is offline Junior Member
    I am officially joining the project. I started last Sunday and made it all week no issues. Strength is constant and PR's continue with 5/3/1. Today is carb up day so lunch will be roast sweet potatoes and pan "fried" plantains with some lean pork chops to finish it off. Dinner will be at the local Indian place, some sort of veg heavy curry and probably some red wine.
    So far I have lost 6 pounds on the scale. I will post up week 1 results (measurement and weigh changes) after the carb up. This is really working out better than I had expected. It has also been interesting researching the lifter of yesterday and how they approached fitness and nutrition.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Its good to see some great results showing up on the thread! Thanks for posting everyone.

Weighed in today and had my body fat calculated at the gym using calipers. I was 170 lbs, up 2 lbs from the start two weeks ago which is pretty incredible considering I have been mostly in the negative calorie range. Body fat is down to 12.5% from the 13.8% which is exactly what I'd hoped for. Pretty cool to be gaining muscle and dropping body fat so quickly. My original goal was to get below 10% bodyfat but I think realistically I will be happy getting down to 11% and maintain a body weight of between 170 and 172 duriing this first 4 week trial. When I started the Paleo/Primal diet last year I was 213 lbs and got down to a low of 165 which was great but I decided I needed to add some muscle.. My exercise routine was primarily some running, sprints, yoga and body weight excercises and basic weight lifting from time to time.

My new training focus during this 4 week trial is a 6 Day split body building routine which I believe has been a big contributor to my lean mass and strength gains. I have been very happy with my strength gains and look forward to seeing if this continues over the full four weeks. I really see the difference in the mirror and all my T-shirts are getting tighter through my shoulders and chest so I can tell positive things are happening!

Keep the results coming in, its very motivating for all involved.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Its good to see some great results showing up on the thread! Thanks for posting everyone.

Weighed in today and had my body fat calculated at the gym using calipers. I was 170 lbs, up 2 lbs from the start two weeks ago which is pretty incredible considering I have been mostly in the negative calorie range. Body fat is down to 12.5% from the 13.8% which is exactly what I'd hoped for. Pretty cool to be gaining muscle and dropping body fat so quickly. My original goal was to get below 10% bodyfat but I think realistically I will be happy getting down to 11% and maintain a body weight of between 170 and 172 duriing this first 4 week trial. When I started the Paleo/Primal diet last year I was 213 lbs and got down to a low of 165 which was great but I decided I needed to add some muscle.. My exercise routine was primarily some running, sprints, yoga and body weight excercises and basic weight lifting from time to time.
    Great work. I have observed myself that it is possible to gain weight and muscle on a calorie deficit while packing in protein and losing fat. The trolls disagreed, because...CICO!

My new training focus during this 4 week trial is a 6 Day split body building routine which I believe has been a big contributor to my lean mass and strength gains. I have been very happy with my strength gains and look forward to seeing if this continues over the full four weeks. I really see the difference in the mirror and all my T-shirts are getting tighter through my shoulders and chest so I can tell positive things are happening!

Keep the results coming in, its very motivating for all involved.
    My t-shirts are getting looser in the shoulder as I become more defined in that area.

I'll post a weigh-in tomorrow and maybe a graphic of a chart.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-11-2013 at 07:29 AM.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I just zipped up the work out top I wear to the gym every other day and it's tighter in the shoulders and looser in the waist.

We're taking my MIL out for Mothers's Day tonight and we're going to a steak house. She can get whatever she wants. Husband and I are getting rib eyes. We're probably going to eat some eggs before we go.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Great work. I have observed myself that it is possible to gain weight and muscle on a calorie deficit while packing in protein and losing fat. The trolls disagreed, because...CICO!

My t-shirts are getting looser in the shoulder as I become more defined in that area.

I'll post a weigh-in tomorrow and maybe a graphic of a chart.
    Yes, its interesting how the lean mass gain goes against some of the CW. It will be interesting to see if this continues, I'd like to at least maintain my original weight and increase lean mass while dropping the body fat. Congrats on your body transformation, I am curious to see how your weight has changed after two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I just zipped up the work out top I wear to the gym every other day and it's tighter in the shoulders and looser in the waist.

We're taking my MIL out for Mothers's Day tonight and we're going to a steak house. She can get whatever she wants. Husband and I are getting rib eyes. We're probably going to eat some eggs before we go.
    Its fun to actually feel the changes taking place by how our clothing fits. Have a good time at dinner, its great that you have your husband's support in your steak and eggs trial.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Steak and eggs report -

Must be in the deepest keto I've ever been, losing darn near a pound a day for the last three days, good energy and strength in the gym, calm mood, decreased interest in sleep, zero sensation of hunger.

The hunger thing is interesting, while I become aware energy is getting low and need to eat, there is zero actual feeling of hunger coming from the tummy. Maybe due to insulin being completely out of the picture?

Anyhow, it's refeed day!! 1lb+ prime rib, potatoes, butter, vegi, 1/2lb heavy cream.

Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast