Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 5

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Makes sense thanks...Ok PB time to ramp up the workouts with some intensity for a month and see what kind of results you get on your ketogenic diet, are you in?
    OK, I guess now that I am moved in to my new place I have no excuse. I'm not going to start pumping iron but I will get back to what has worked well for me in the past which is the PBF plan of 2x/wk LHT bodyweight exercises, 1x/wk sprints plus lots of walking and a weekly backcountry hike.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Ok its steak and yokes for you! Now just add the hard core weight training and sprints and lets see what we end up with at the end of 4 weeks. Are you in?
    Yes! Steak and eggs tomorrow for brunch, pump some more iron.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 04-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    OK, I guess now that I am moved in to my new place I have no excuse. I'm not going to start pumping iron but I will get back to what has worked well for me in the past which is the PBF plan of 2x/wk LHT bodyweight exercises, 1x/wk sprints plus lots of walking and a weekly backcountry hike.
    Great! I like the sprinting and long walks - excellent! But why not get out of your comfort zone and try some lifting for a month? Heavy compound lifts increase testosterone (yes this is important for women) and HGH, this combined with some increased muscle will drive up your metabolic rate and burn some fat. This is the month to push beyond any pre-conceived notions about what you thought you were capable of and get past any previous barriers with a vengeance.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 04:04 PM.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Yes!
    Great...Looking forward to your updates!!
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 04:03 PM.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I'd be in if I could afford it! Will be watching your progress.

Z0oom is offline Member
    I am all on board with steak and eggs, and carb sundays! that sounds like a great idea rather than just half-assing it all week long attempting to break the ketosis barrier.

Only thing is I have limited access to weights. I have a bar and around 50-100lbs of weights on hand. How do you feel about using pushups, or various body exercises in lieu of heavy max weight lifting? Or should I attempt it with what I got and just do a few more reps.

I did a little lifting in High School with a horrible diet, its been quite a few years now, and I bet that using these <100lb weights would give me a run for my money considering all I do is pushups and sit-ups.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I didn't realize it doesn't start until Monday. That will give me a chance to use up those tomatoes and cuties I have hanging around, and co-ordinate my lifting program.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    If anyone intends to bulk on steak and eggs with a carb refeed on just sundays, the bulk will probably add on slowly. Not a bad thing

Paleobird Guest
    Great! I like the sprinting and long walks - excellent! But why not get out of your comfort zone and try some lifting for a month? Heavy compound lifts increase testosterone (yes this is important for women) and HGH, this combined with some increased muscle will drive up your metabolic rate and burn some fat. This is the month to push beyond any pre-conceived notions about what you thought you were capable of and get past any previous barriers with a vengeance.
    I was INTO body building back in the 80s. Competition level. I know exactly what I am capable of, I just don't feel the need to "go there" again at this point in my life. I don't do exercise that I don't find fun any more.

Fynn is offline Junior Member
    Ok I am in, looking to cut 20 Lbs of fat so this might get me over the plateau I am stuck on. We start on Monday.
    05/01/2012 - Present
    Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
    Height 6' 6''

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast