Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 49

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    aufj92.jpg

I had green curry chicken with eggplant and peppers for dinner, with a side of white rice. Carb refeed complete!

Also, I have muscles in my forearms. That weren't there 3 days ago.

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    250g of mince and using4 eggs is only just over 500 cals . I'm 250lbs, that amount even 3 times a day is not enough surely?
    How did you calculate 500 cals?
    My calculations come to just over 1000 cal (meat alone is about 700 Cal)

If correct, then 3000 cal a day is quite a bit.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Welcome skorpion317! Looking forward to your posts.
    Thanks! Here's my plan:

1. Steak and eggs, 2 meals a day, 6 days a week. Sundays I'll do a carb refeed with clean, Paleo carbs. Steak will be either grass-fed beef, bison, venison or elk. Eggs will be from pastured chickens.

2. I will continue my regular workout routine. Weight lifting 3 days a week (Mon-Wed-Fri), with rest days in between. Sundays are sprint days. I walk at least a couple miles a day.

Weight lifting consists of 2 different workouts, "A" and "B", which are alternated.

Workout "A"
    Deadlifts - 1x5, then 2x3 at 15 lbs. more than the 1st set
    Military press - 3x5
    Shoulder push ups - 3x5
    Bicep curls - 3x5

Workout "B"
    Bench press - 1x5, then 2x3 at 15 lbs. more than the 1st set
    Squat - 1x5, then 2x3 at 15 lbs. more than the 1st set
    Bent-over rows - 3x5
    Tricep extensions - 3x5

Sprint days will consist of either ten 100-yard sprints, or as many hill sprints as I can do.
    SW (1/4/12): 326 lbs. (48% BF)
    Steak and Eggs SW (5/11/13): 198 lbs.
    CW (6/2/13): 185.4 lbs. (??% BF)
    GW: 185 lbs. (~15% BF)
    0.4 lbs. to go, ??% BF to go

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    Thanks! Here's my plan:

1. Steak and eggs, 2 meals a day, 6 days a week. Sundays I'll do a carb refeed with clean, Paleo carbs. Steak will be either grass-fed beef, bison, venison or elk. Eggs will be from pastured chickens.

2. I will continue my regular workout routine. Weight lifting 3 days a week (Mon-Wed-Fri), with rest days in between. Sundays are sprint days. I walk at least a couple miles a day.

Weight lifting consists of 2 different workouts, "A" and "B", which are alternated.

Workout "A"
    Deadlifts - 1x5, then 2x3 at 15 lbs. more than the 1st set
    Military press - 3x5
    Shoulder push ups - 3x5
    Bicep curls - 3x5

Workout "B"
    Bench press - 1x5, then 2x3 at 15 lbs. more than the 1st set
    Squat - 1x5, then 2x3 at 15 lbs. more than the 1st set
    Bent-over rows - 3x5
    Tricep extensions - 3x5

Sprint days will consist of either ten 100-yard sprints, or as many hill sprints as I can do.
    Looks great! Should see some significant results.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Canuck - thanks for starting a great thread and challenge! Reading through the thread has been thoroughly enjoyable, and am looking forward to seeing more before and after pictures. The Steak and Eggs Challenge is something I'd like to try when I get closer to my goal. As it is, I'm on the slow & steady route in hopes of avoiding loose skin and have roughly 80# to go to get to that final ten. In a show of solidarity, I feasted on a strip steak and two eggs OE for brunch this morning while reading here.

Cheering you all on from the sidelines!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Can't believe it's almost carb-up day again. I'm going to push it back to Sunday since I had two carb-up days last weekend! This is getting much easier now, though, going into week 2!

Can't cook in the AM, wife complains because it wakes her up. So I'm going to try cooking two steaks and six+ eggs (edit so y'all don't think I'm starving - these are duck eggs! Massive, gooey, better than cheese DUCK EGGZ!), eating half of it, saving the other half for meal #2 while still at work.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Can't believe it's almost carb-up day again. I'm going to push it back to Sunday since I had two carb-up days last weekend! This is getting much easier now, though, going into week 2!

Can't cook in the AM, wife complains because it wakes her up. So I'm going to try cooking two steaks and six+ eggs (edit so y'all don't think I'm starving - these are duck eggs! Massive, gooey, better than cheese DUCK EGGZ!), eating half of it, saving the other half for meal #2 while still at work.
    Interesting! You know I've never tried duck eggs before. Think I'll give them a try. Thanks for the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Patti View Post
    Canuck - thanks for starting a great thread and challenge! Reading through the thread has been thoroughly enjoyable, and am looking forward to seeing more before and after pictures. The Steak and Eggs Challenge is something I'd like to try when I get closer to my goal. As it is, I'm on the slow & steady route in hopes of avoiding loose skin and have roughly 80# to go to get to that final ten. In a show of solidarity, I feasted on a strip steak and two eggs OE for brunch this morning while reading here.

Cheering you all on from the sidelines!
    Thanks Patti! Wishing you the best of luck and much success on your journey to better health.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    What's the fat content of your steaks like? If it's relatively high, do you then compensate with the amount of eggs and butter you use? Into my 4th day and actually up a pound or two. I try not to get too anal about it, this is experiment is over a few weeks in duration, so there'll be ups and downs. Also, it could just be that I'm preserving/adding muscle mass.

Pork neck steak and 4 scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Navajo is offline Member
    Time for the weekly update I reckon.

Stayed with steak, eggs, and butter for 2 meals a day Sunday – Friday (with coffee and cream every morning). Have lost another 2.6 lbs this week(total of 8 lbs lost in the 2 weeks) and have gained a LOT on every lift throughout the week. I am now maxed out on the bowflex on most exercises (using all available weight) which I am honestly quite astounded by. A few years ago I "got serious" about using the machine for strength training and used it every morning religiously for months on end and never had the strength gains that I have had in the last 2 weeks of this experiment and had never before maxed it out on chest exercises.

As for body composition, this week I lost another 1/2" from my belly and my belt is loose once again in its new hole.

This week I have been in a GREAT mood all day, every day. Have had overflowing energy the first half of the week then Thursday started feeling a bit tired then yesterday after work I was beat but took a quick power nap before my workout and made it through with no trouble (and even more gains).

Today is my carb up but I have to go shopping first so don't know what's in store. We'll see.

Anyway, that's my lowly update.

Been following the thread every day and looks like everyone is doing very well with nice composition changes and strength gains. GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

And thanks again Canuck for kicking this off.

Tom

Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast