Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 48

Fynn is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Well I started out wanting to drop a lot of weight. I was sitting at 286 for over two months. Then went up to 290 the day before the thread was started. Today is day 13 for me. I am now 279 and feeling great. Tomorrow is my first carb reset day. I finally feel tired and my workout was a little slow.
    I have improved Biceps to 17.3 inches after a loss of .5 of an inch. Waist at navel is down to 47.5 from 49.
    I have pushed my curls to 100 lbs for 12 sets and 10 reps. So I am seeing strength gains all over. Bench press single lift is now 350 lbs.
    so Canuck thank you for this thread.
    Here is to two more weeks.
    05/01/2012 - Present
    Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
    Height 6' 6''

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Well I started out wanting to drop a lot of weight. I was sitting at 286 for over two months. Then went up to 290 the day before the thread was started. Today is day 13 for me. I am now 279 and feeling great. Tomorrow is my first carb reset day. I finally feel tired and my workout was a little slow.
    I have improved Biceps to 17.3 inches after a loss of .5 of an inch. Waist at navel is down to 47.5 from 49.
    I have pushed my curls to 100 lbs for 12 sets and 10 reps. So I am seeing strength gains all over. Bench press single lift is now 350 lbs.
    so Canuck thank you for this thread.
    Here is to two more weeks.
    Wow, those are great results Fynn! Wishing you great success in the next two weeks, looking forward to your updates.

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    You guys and gals are all inspiring me. Of course I would have to balance the impetus to follow the steak and eggs protocol with the realization that my wife would finally be convinced I am insane and have an eating disorder.
    Ha ha! I hear you, I think we all received some quizzical looks when we told our sig others what we were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    You rock, canuck! 100 push ups! I still can't do even one. But I will.

Attachment 11633

Carbing today. Breakfast was a banana and coffee. Lunch was sweet potato fries, apple, walnut, chicken, raisin salad, and a dark chocolate/banana/almond butter smoothie. FULL!
    Thanks! Its a goal I've been working toward for several months. Tried to get it done by my 61st birthday last month but only managed 91. Its gratifying to set a personal best at something physical in my 60s. Your carb refeed sounds delicious! I'm definitely looking forward to my carb day on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion317 View Post
    After reading this thread and doing some of my own research, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. I'll be starting tomorrow and going for 4 weeks. Trying to get down to 15% (or lower) body fat.
    Welcome skorpion317! Looking forward to your posts.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Every time I look in the mirror I see something that looks a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by Novasteve74 View Post
    Hey there,

Long-time lurker here finally getting my first post out. I'm already loving this thread and can't wait to hear the results. I've been primal for about a year and a half and have followed a leangains-style IF protocol for the better part of the past year. I currently float around 145-147lb at 5'6" with about 14-16% bf. I've made some fantastic strength gains and fat loss, though I believe my body has finally settled into a comfortable state. I'm currently doing a Whole 30 challenge with a friend until the end of May, but I forsee myself jumping on the bandwagon for June. Hoping to shred the last few pounds then, but in the meantime I'll keep a close eye on the thread!
    Great! Glad to have you on board. Looking forward to seeing how your results compare to your Leangain experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Freaking awesome!

I typically do fasted workouts, but noticed today my workout was just a bit off. Nothing serious, just gave myself a little more rest in between deadlift sets and didn't quite hit my 5 sets of 8 pullups with a 45 lb weight belt (last 2 sets were 6, I think). I think I should maybe knock down two eggs or something before a workout on this plan, or maybe work out later in the day a few hours after I eat, especially late in the week.

I'm doing great on steak and eggs so far--totally satisfied with it, no cheating, etc. I'm looking forward to refeed day, however--I think I'm going to do a light weight/bodyweight exhausting circuit workout (fasted) that morning and then eat the hell out of some sweet potatoes, veggies, and an absolute pile of fruit. I'm interested to see what happens next week on Week 2.
    Thanks! I think its totally normal to feel a bit weaker toward the end of the week. As I mentioned in a previous post, Mondays and Tuesday will typically be your progress days and the results on those days should progressively improve over the 4 weeks.

Today's Macro Totals:

Total Calories consumed - 2454
    Total Calories burned - 1081 (Weights am and Intervals at the track pm)

Protein - 25.08% - 153 gms.
    Fat - 70.82% - 192 gms.
    Carbs - 4.1% - 25 gms.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    I walked down to Sports Authority (3.6m one way) to buy a baseball bat today. I normally walk about 4 miles a day so I figured it'd be no big deal just a little bit longer... now my pinkie toe has a big ol' blister and my spine is all knotted up, ugh.

Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast