Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 45

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I'm probably only doing 2-3 weeks, but if I end up underwear-model-shredded and there's demand from the ladies I'll throw a picture up.
    If you end up underwear-shredded, you can take demand for granted.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I just got back from the gym and increased weights on all of my barbell exercises. Just by 5 lbs but still. I felt super strong. I can't explain it, I just felt really powerful. Still do. I had 4 eggs over easy and some london broil for lunch. I do love eating the same things over and over for some reason, so this is easy, and enjoyable. Tomorrow is refeed day but I'm swearing off of starchy foods. Forever, I think. My future starchy carb indulgence will probably be sushi, because of the rice. But I've come to the conclusion that I just can't eat starchy foods - they make me bloat and keep me from attaining any of my health/weight/fitness goals. So tomorrow I'll carb up on yogurt and berries and lean veggies....lots of them.
    Remember the idea behind the carb refeed is to reset your leptin at a high level (the theory is - the higher the leptin levels the more fat is released from your fat cells) by the end of 6 days of low carbing your leptin levels are low and need to be reset. White rice, yams, white potatoes and fruit tend to work the best. You may feel a little bloated by the end of carb day and thru some of the next day but you will quickly return to normal once you return to the steak and eggs routine, and with a reset leptin level you will begin burning fat at a significantly higher rate
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Any pics in this megathread yet or are all you waiting for the big unveil after the full four weeks are up?
    I posted my starting picture earlier in the thread and I'll post the after picture at the end of the 4 weeks.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice, Canuck. I will fill up on fruit and yams then. Looking forward to it! I may throw in a cup of rice too.

So how did those 70s bodybuilders eat from day to day when they weren't doing steak and eggs? I'm wondering how close they came to being primal.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Canuck. I will fill up on fruit and yams then. Looking forward to it! I may throw in a cup of rice too.

So how did those 70s bodybuilders eat from day to day when they weren't doing steak and eggs? I'm wondering how close they came to being primal.
    They tended to eat fairly low carb all the time with lots of protein and fat. Their breakfast was typically a large cheese omelette and a hamburger patty or cottage cheese, lunch tended to be a big salad and a chicken breast or two and cottage cheese, dinner would be lots of meat of some sort with another big salad and then in the evening they would have another cheese omelette with cottage cheese on the side.

Here's a great Youtube video from someone who was on the scene at Muscle Beach during the 60s and 70s (Ric Drasin) telling it like it was -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO0SCHTin9Q
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-09-2013 at 04:14 PM.

I talked to my mother. She wanted to know if I was going out to celebrate my birthday, and I said something vague about being on a diet but when it ended I would. She launched into the "need a restaurant that serves diet food" and "non-fattening".

Gosh, Mom. You have no idea. I said something about not wanting to go to a nice restaurant until I was able to drink wine again. Actually it was the fact that I wouldn't be able to get egg yolks to go with my steak that was the issue.

I was out shopping today, and all of a sudden I realized that the Burger King logo is the company name on top of a sunny-side up egg.

What's with that?
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-09-2013 at 04:19 PM.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I can't tell whether or not you're kidding so....it's a bun. The words are a burger, and above and below is a bun. You have egg yolks on the brain!

Bun's aren't shiny. It's an egg yolk, and I have egg yolks on the brain.

Z0oom is offline Member
    all that corn syrup and margarine in those buns might make it a bit shinier

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Here's a great Youtube video from someone who was on the scene at Muscle Beach during the 60s and 70s (Ric Drasin) telling it like it was -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO0SCHTin9Q
    OMG he mentioned prime rib at the end... now I want some Prime rib and eggs

Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast