Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 43

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My birthday, I'm 58.

I am down another .4 pounds. It's been more than 20 years since I was this light. My waist is down to 27".

I will go for a long walk after I finish my tea and fantasize about mushrooms.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I rarely salt things normally, but figured I'd need to up the salt uptake for this. Found some really good pink Himalayan salt and some black salt from Hawaii that has activated charcoal in it. Both are so good I just pinch some into my mouth sometimes.

Maybe I missed it: what's the verdict on a bit of sauerkraut?

Sent via A-10 Warthog
    Since I've added a bit of onion, mushrooms and a jalapeno to my morning sauteed steak for flavor I can't be too judgmental on adding some sauerkraut to aid digestion. I was totally steak and eggs during my first week but just felt the need to add a bit of flavoring. I think the more strict you are the better the fat loss results but each of us is creating their own a personal experience and sharing best practices and what works best for them is part of the process.

I absolutely love Pink Himalayan salt!....Add lots of it to my steak and eggs.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    My birthday, I'm 58.

I am down another .4 pounds. It's been more than 20 years since I was this light. My waist is down to 27".

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your progress/success!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Since I've added a bit of onion, mushrooms and a jalapeno to my morning sauteed steak for flavor I can't be too judgmental on adding some sauerkraut to aid digestion. I was totally steak and eggs during my first week but just felt the need to add a bit of flavoring. I think the more strict you are the better the fat loss results but each of us is creating their own a personal experience and sharing best practices and what works best for them is part of the process.
    I think I'm going to add in a modicum of vegetables for flavoring. We have a bunch of mushrooms beginning to turn and the prospect of sauteing them in butter and spooning them over my evening steak has me salivating. That, and I made two jars of sauerkraut prior to this challenge. I might have a small heap of that every evening with my meal until my digestion problems have abated.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Imma power through it. The results are too addicting. I can already see divisions between muscle groups that weren't there a week ago. During my workout this evening I saw my right biceps vein for the first time in 10 years. My workouts have been fantastic (even if the post-workout period today was down), I can see my fat melting away, and the scale is at its lowest point in 12 months. Yeah, it sucks having digestive issues, especially since my previous diet had my bowls humming. But if these results continue, it's a small price to pay.

Besides, I'm sure my body will adapt. The body is so smart and adaptable. I might have a few more days of loose stool, but I'd be surprised if it persists much more than that. I'm drinking plenty of fluids, replenishing electrolytes, etc.
    I still think you might have picked up a mild case of food poisoning. Great to hear about your results hopefully the body adapts soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    My birthday, I'm 58.

Happy Birthday eKatherine! Wonderful to hear about your success. You have been one of the most dedicated Steak and Eggers and I know everyone on the thread really appreciate your contributions and food photos.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, eKatherine! Enjoy your walk and your mushroom fantasty

Canuck, thanks for the daily words of wisdom and encouragement. You're a natural leader.

I have some of the black lava salt and it's so wonderful. Such a treat to sprinkle on as a finisher.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    That might be true if I had other symptoms. My gf is a 4th year medical student (not technically a doctor, I know) and she's quite sure it's just this radical shift in my diet. But it's OK. Like I said, it's a cost/benefit calculation. The cost is a case of the runs - the benefit is constant fat loss. I'll take it.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I forgot to mention that my husband has lost 4 lbs these past six days. He's doing a slightly modified version of the s&e challenge right along with me, and has also eaten a yogurt a day, a banana a day, and has a steamed veggie with his dinner. So his day basically looks like this - a banana for breakfast, steak and eggs for lunch, a yogurt snack, steak and eggs and a veggie for dinner. This is major - he is almost at goal weight and hasn't lost a lb in 4 months. He was never really that overweight to begin with (maybe 20 lbs but he wore them well) so it's been a hard long road for him to see any change on the scale. He looks slimmer already. His major downfall is constant snacking at night, and being in a ketogenic state as we are on s&e, snacking doesn't interest him. I've checked - even with his modifications to s&e he's under 30 grams of carbs daily.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    That might be true if I had other symptoms. My gf is a 4th year medical student (not technically a doctor, I know) and she's quite sure it's just this radical shift in my diet. But it's OK. Like I said, it's a cost/benefit calculation. The cost is a case of the runs - the benefit is constant fat loss. I'll take it.
    That's an excellent trade off, I agree. As long as you're keeping hydrated and on top of the situation. As you said, sometimes a radical shift in diet causes this, and your body will adjust. Hopefully soon!

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    God, been really bloated today...perhaps include some veg? Carrots, broccoli?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    God, been really bloated today...perhaps include some veg? Carrots, broccoli?
    Have you been eating anything besides steak, eggs, and butter? It is not uncommon to have an egg intolerance that would only appear if you ate more eggs than normal.

Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast