Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 42

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Things aren't going well, canuck. My GI is used to massive amounts of protein, but not massive amounts of fat. I'm still having bad diarrhea and today I was lethargic and mostly useless. I just updated my journal. I cheated and had a small dish of walnuts, which helped. I hope tomorrow's easier.
    So sorry to hear about you GI problems ajm422. Your health is more important than adhering to a diet that isn't working for you, perhaps its time to back off the fat eat leaner cuts of meat and add some fish. Maybe even fast for 24 hours. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    So sorry to hear about you GI problems ajm422. Your health is more important than adhering to a diet that isn't working for you, perhaps its time to back off the fat eat leaner cuts of meat and add some fish. Maybe even fast for 24 hours. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Imma power through it. The results are too addicting. I can already see divisions between muscle groups that weren't there a week ago. During my workout this evening I saw my right biceps vein for the first time in 10 years. My workouts have been fantastic (even if the post-workout period today was down), I can see my fat melting away, and the scale is at its lowest point in 12 months. Yeah, it sucks having digestive issues, especially since my previous diet had my bowls humming. But if these results continue, it's a small price to pay.

Besides, I'm sure my body will adapt. The body is so smart and adaptable. I might have a few more days of loose stool, but I'd be surprised if it persists much more than that. I'm drinking plenty of fluids, replenishing electrolytes, etc.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I rarely salt things normally, but figured I'd need to up the salt uptake for this. Found some really good pink Himalayan salt and some black salt from Hawaii that has activated charcoal in it. Both are so good I just pinch some into my mouth sometimes.

Maybe I missed it: what's the verdict on a bit of sauerkraut?

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Agreed. Could it be food poisoning? Are you feeling well otherwise?
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Maybe increase the meat a bit and and another egg - don't forget the butter or coconut oil. I just finished a .94 lb New York Strip, 3 strips of Bacon, 4 Fried eggs all in butter with a few mushrooms, onions and jalapeno pepper. It came out to 1890 calories. I'll probably do hamburger and eggs tonight and it will end up being around 2800 for the day.
    Canuck, I'm disappointed. I thought you were strictly steak and eggs! 😜

No wonder I'm getting bored, you guys are adding all sorts to your steak and eggs! Even just mushrooms would mix it up enough. That's it, I'm picking some up on the way home!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Oh the roasted garlic is such a great idea! I'm going to spread that on my steak tomorrow. Yum.

We're at the beach and just met up with a friend who captains a sea scallop boat and he handed us ten lbs of freshly shucked and cleaned scallops. They're beautiful. So dinner tonight is going to be a huge scallop and lemon and garlic fry. We also caught 12 bluefish off of a jetty so we're going to have a few fish and egg meals as well. Fresh fish in a cast iron skillet with some butter...that's good stuff. I'll add extra butter for fat, these blues are lean little guys. Also....blue fish and eggs is an amazing breakfast!

So my first day after this challenge I'm having fish chowder. It's heavy cream, bacon, potatoes, fish, and butter. It's heaven in a bowl.
    Garlic butter melted on top of a finished steak is delish.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Garlic butter! Thanks for the suggestion, I just made some

I lost 3 lbs! In 6 days. Unheard of for me - I have to fight tooth and nail for every lb lost. Also, not hungry at all, which is so nice. I didn't think to take measurements before starting so I'm just going to gauge by clothing fit and the scale. Clothes are definitely looser around the waist.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Canuck, I'm disappointed. I thought you were strictly steak and eggs! ��

No wonder I'm getting bored, you guys are adding all sorts to your steak and eggs! Even just mushrooms would mix it up enough. That's it, I'm picking some up on the way home!
    Yeah I know (sheepish). The onion, mushrooms and jalapeno sauteed with the steak for my first meal is a little bit of cheating but my carb gms are still below 20 gms each day so I figure the added flavor is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Garlic butter! Thanks for the suggestion, I just made some

I lost 3 lbs! In 6 days. Unheard of for me - I have to fight tooth and nail for every lb lost. Also, not hungry at all, which is so nice. I didn't think to take measurements before starting so I'm just going to gauge by clothing fit and the scale. Clothes are definitely looser around the waist.
    Wow great news little vase! Congrats.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Agreed. Could it be food poisoning? Are you feeling well otherwise?
    I agree, I suggested that may be the case in an earlier post. If so hopefully it quickly works through his system.

Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast