Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 41

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I haven't noticed any loss in inches or anything yet. This is my 5th or 6th day, not even sure. I guess I need to find out so I know when refeed day is. I haven't had access to a scale either but will be home tonight and am going to weigh myself tomorrow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I did pullup/chinup exercise, no discernible improvement, as always.

Then I did 5 sets of one 30 second handstand, facing the wall, climbing up with my feet, and walking into the wall on my hands, then walking back out to come down. I was able to walk toward and back from the wall without much "stagger" and came down safely and fully in control after each one. My previous best was 2 sets of one, coming down very unsteadily. Huge improvement!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    My deadlift went up from 350x4 last week to 350x5 this week. Several other lifts increased in either weight or reps, too. And I haven't had a single carbohydrate since last Friday. Awesome.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I haven't noticed any loss in inches or anything yet. This is my 5th or 6th day, not even sure. I guess I need to find out so I know when refeed day is. I haven't had access to a scale either but will be home tonight and am going to weigh myself tomorrow.
    Just wondering if you are doing both the diet and the exercise part of the trial or just the diet part? I feel the strength training component is very important to body composition change, in my case my weight has actually gone up a pound or two but I believe I'm more defined and have definitely increased my strength. I will be checking body fat % on the weekend to monitor my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    My deadlift went up from 350x4 last week to 350x5 this week. Several other lifts increased in either weight or reps, too. And I haven't had a single carbohydrate since last Friday. Awesome.
    That's awesome! I'm noticing the same. Really want to understand the bio-chemistry and physiology behind the strength/muscle gains, so I'm going to do some more research and post it in the thread. Also believe I've dropped a couple of percent of body fat, have a caliper assessment scheduled for Saturday so I'll give everyone an update then.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I did pullup/chinup exercise, no discernible improvement, as always.

Then I did 5 sets of one 30 second handstand, facing the wall, climbing up with my feet, and walking into the wall on my hands, then walking back out to come down. I was able to walk toward and back from the wall without much "stagger" and came down safely and fully in control after each one. My previous best was 2 sets of one, coming down very unsteadily. Huge improvement!
    Wow, very cool! Congrats on the improvement.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    500 gms is a little over a pound of meat. I'm actually eating about 1 1/2 lbs of meat a day so you could probably up your meat totals a bit. Also cook in coconut oil and butter (I use a lot of butter) as this will drive up your calories. But really I would go by how you feel, give yourselft some time to adjust and after a few days, if you begom losing strength and start feeling burned out then definitely add more fatty meat and eggs.
    Yeah, I'm eating 500g to 600g (1.1lb to1.3lb) per day, along with 10 to 12 eggs, all cooked in butter. This puts me just over the 2000 cals mark, maybe more as I don't think the rump steak I'm eating is as lean as the steak I'm using for calculation in paleotrack.

I've lost half an inch from my waist, with chest staying the same and biceps increasing by a 1/4".
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Just wondering if you are doing both the diet and the exercise part of the trial or just the diet part? I feel the strength training component is very important to body composition change, in my case my weight has actually gone up a pound or two but I believe I'm more defined and have definitely increased my strength. I will be checking body fat % on the weekend to monitor my progress.
    Yep, I am. I've been doing the usual deadlifts, ohs and squats at the gym, and some leg presses too. My weight for the leg presses is now at 290, it was 210 at the beginning of the week I added 20 lbs to my deadlift weight, which is still too low to mention Unfortunately, starting this challenge coincided with an impromptu trip to the beach for a few days with no gym in sight but I bought a 40 lb dumbbell with me and did glute bridges, ohs, and arm work with it. I also sort of made up something that probably has a name but if it does I don't know it - I put the 40 lbs over my head with my arms extended, and then sat back on a bench and then got up from it. I did that 15 times, 3 sets, sitting all the way down and then immediately getting back up. It really worked my butt and thighs. Kind of a modified squat with a half second of dead time between each one, like a deadlift. Felt good, and was I lifting heavy things.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Yep, I am. I've been doing the usual deadlifts, ohs and squats at the gym, and some leg presses too. My weight for the leg presses is now at 290, it was 210 at the beginning of the week I added 20 lbs to my deadlift weight, which is still too low to mention Unfortunately, starting this challenge coincided with an impromptu trip to the beach for a few days with no gym in sight but I bought a 40 lb dumbbell with me and did glute bridges, ohs, and arm work with it. I also sort of made up something that probably has a name but if it does I don't know it - I put the 40 lbs over my head with my arms extended, and then sat back on a bench and then got up from it. I did that 15 times, 3 sets, sitting all the way down and then immediately getting back up. It really worked my butt and thighs. Kind of a modified squat with a half second of dead time between each one, like a deadlift. Felt good, and was I lifting heavy things.
    Great! I bet your fat percentage has dropped a bit, considering the intensity of your training, you've probably added a bit of muscle density as well.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Things aren't going well, canuck. My GI is used to massive amounts of protein, but not massive amounts of fat. I'm still having bad diarrhea and today I was lethargic and mostly useless. I just updated my journal. I cheated and had a small dish of walnuts, which helped. I hope tomorrow's easier.

Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast