Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 40

Z0oom is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just when I thought I was getting sick of eggs, I decided to scramble them with some fresh chives and coconut oil.

I could definitely eat a dozen eggs a day scrambled for the next 50 years haha.

As far as digestive issues go, I had one day of loose stool in the first week, but it went away in a few hours. I am digesting very well, no bloating of course, nice dense logs, can be a bit sticky after too much coffee but its not an issue since I usually clean with water back there after a movement.

Waiting for my weights to get here still, so at the moment I am still just doing body weight exercises and 80lbs on the barbell in various groups. Going for big walks everyday with the dogs, and lots of gardening to get done.

Being vegetarian not too long ago, this sure feels sooo much better than struggling to get enough protein/fat in all day. This experience will leave a life-long impression on the way I eat.

Primal for life!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    I was actually thinking of roasting a whole head of garlic and spreading that over a 4-egg omelette. I figure that'd be a good alternative to cheese, and not too many calories.

So far though, my sunny-side up eggs have been a delight. I made scrambled eggs too one night and they were fantastic. Fluffy and delicious.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    I was actually thinking of roasting a whole head of garlic and spreading that over a 4-egg omelette. I figure that'd be a good alternative to cheese, and not too many calories.

So far though, my sunny-side up eggs have been a delight. I made scrambled eggs too one night and they were fantastic. Fluffy and delicious.
    I've found that roasted garlic makes everything better. We make a sweet potato mash that has nearly equal parts sweet potato and roasted garlic. Delicious!

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I'm eating a giant carnita and egg scramble right now. It's so delicious. The carnita part is just pork shoulder with spices. Mark's recipe. Love it.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    500g of mixed pork and beef mince, 8 eggs and a stew rashers of smoked bacon later and I'm feeling good. I'm a bit worried about the calories though...I'm a250lbs and both meals came to about 1800-1900 calls total...? Does that seem enough, should i drizzlevsome olive oil over my mince for added calls?

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    500g of mixed pork and beef mince, 8 eggs and a stew rashers of smoked bacon later and I'm feeling good. I'm a bit worried about the calories though...I'm a250lbs and both meals came to about 1800-1900 calls total...? Does that seem enough, should i drizzlevsome olive oil over my mince for added calls?
    500 gms is a little over a pound of meat. I'm actually eating about 1 1/2 lbs of meat a day so you could probably up your meat totals a bit. Also cook in coconut oil and butter (I use a lot of butter) as this will drive up your calories. But really I would go by how you feel, give yourselft some time to adjust and after a few days, if you begom losing strength and start feeling burned out then definitely add more fatty meat and eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post

Yum, that sounds great! Think I'll give it a try. It's amazing to me how good eggs fried sunny side up in lots of butter and pink Himalayan salt tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I'm eating a giant carnita and egg scramble right now. It's so delicious. The carnita part is just pork shoulder with spices. Mark's recipe. Love it.
    Now that does sound good! I think I'll add that to the menu next week for some variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Z0oom View Post
    Just when I thought I was getting sick of eggs, I decided to scramble them with some fresh chives and coconut oil.

I could definitely eat a dozen eggs a day scrambled for the next 50 years haha.

As far as digestive issues go, I had one day of loose stool in the first week, but it went away in a few hours. I am digesting very well, no bloating of course, nice dense logs, can be a bit sticky after too much coffee but its not an issue since I usually clean with water back there after a movement.

Waiting for my weights to get here still, so at the moment I am still just doing body weight exercises and 80lbs on the barbell in various groups. Going for big walks everyday with the dogs, and lots of gardening to get done.

Being vegetarian not too long ago, this sure feels sooo much better than struggling to get enough protein/fat in all day. This experience will leave a life-long impression on the way I eat.

Primal for life!
    It's so great to hear you are having such a positive experience! Looking forward to hearing how the weight training goes when you get your weights.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Oh the roasted garlic is such a great idea! I'm going to spread that on my steak tomorrow. Yum.

We're at the beach and just met up with a friend who captains a sea scallop boat and he handed us ten lbs of freshly shucked and cleaned scallops. They're beautiful. So dinner tonight is going to be a huge scallop and lemon and garlic fry. We also caught 12 bluefish off of a jetty so we're going to have a few fish and egg meals as well. Fresh fish in a cast iron skillet with some butter...that's good stuff. I'll add extra butter for fat, these blues are lean little guys. Also....blue fish and eggs is an amazing breakfast!

So my first day after this challenge I'm having fish chowder. It's heavy cream, bacon, potatoes, fish, and butter. It's heaven in a bowl.

Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast