Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 39

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    I haven't been as lucky as you lot I've been having a nasty case of the runs all day. I hope it sorts itself out soon - it's been really unpleasant.
    Might possibly be caused by some salmonella bacteria in your meat. Perhaps a touch of food poisoning?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    Well, I guess I am weirder than most. The "other end" business has been business as usual. No plugging up or running out. HA!
    As long as your fat/protein ratio is high enough this should not be a problem. The "plugging" is from too high on the protein with not enough fat and the "running" is from the opposite. My digestive system has never been happier than since I went carnivorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Meh. Dusting is overrated.
    Definitely.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 05-07-2013 at 05:34 PM.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Great training day today - Weight training in the AM - Shoulders and Arms - Intervals at the track this afternoon - and a 2 mile walk with the wife this evening. - Calories burned - 997

Macros - Total Calories consumed 2,642

Protein - 26.16% - 172 gms.
    Fat - 70.49% - 206 gms.
    Carbs - 3.35% - 22 gms.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I find washing down the steak and eggs with around 1 cup of kombucha really keeps things moving, as in at least every other day. I brew my own and let it age quite a bit, so it's got very little sugar in it.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    As long as your fat/protein ratio is high enough this should not be a problem. The "plugging" is from too high on the protein with not enough fat and the "running" is from the opposite.
    Just what I was going to say. Certainly dropping fewer kids at the pool and making less trips, but they have no trouble getting out of the bus as long as I'm getting enough fat.

Not like when I eat lots if kale! Then I can get bunged up for days until I adjust.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Just what I was going to say. Certainly dropping fewer kids at the pool and making less trips, but they have no trouble getting out of the bus as long as I'm getting enough fat.

Not like when I eat lots if kale! Then I can get bunged up for days until I adjust.
    Offs i spilled coffee all over my front. What a brilliant analogy!!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Darn. Just inherited a bag of old pistachios that clearly need to be eaten asap. I've been steak and eggs, but here is a brief deviation...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Darn. Just inherited a bag of old pistachios that clearly need to be eaten asap. I've been steak and eggs, but here is a brief deviation...
    There is the freezer, you know.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    As long as your fat/protein ratio is high enough this should not be a problem. The "plugging" is from too high on the protein with not enough fat and the "running" is from the opposite. My digestive system has never been happier than since I went carnivorous.
    I had been eating a moderate fat diet prior to steak and eggs - most of my fats coming from olive oil, walnuts, full fat dairy, and the occasional salmon filet. But I had been eating stuff like boneless/skinless chicken breasts, 93% lean ground beef, tilapia filets, and egg white omelettes. Maybe the shift to really fatty meat and 4-6 eggs a day just pushed my GI out of whack. That sounds reasonable to me. I'm sure everything is sorted out soon. Yesterday was miserable.

Kastro is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I've got this dialed in now.
    I was feeling pretty off without any vegetables, so I've incorporated a big-ass salad Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (workout days) to keep things going. All other days have been pretty solidly steak and eggs, though one evening I had chicken wings, guacamole, and brie instead. I've also had a moderate amount of alcohol the last 3 evenings, either bourbon or tequila mixed with lime.
    Results: I started at 214, and I weighed in this morning at 208. Crazy stuff.

My experiment with Steak and Eggs ends one week from now. I'm heading to Puerto Rico for a week - so this is kind of a last ditch effort to become beach-ready. I'll weigh in the day I leave, before the ensuing beer and rice fest I know it will be.

Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast