Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 38

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I know this is a mite silly, but I'm going out to dinner with my mother-in-law Friday night for an early Mother's Day and I want to stick to steak and eggs as much as I can. I don't want to have my carb day on Friday, but instead on Saturday as planned. The venue is Macaroni Grill. Can anyone find the friendliest item on their dinner menu? There's only one steak item, and the "BBQ" indicates to me that it has a sugary sauce. I think I'm either going to order the steak, hold the sauce, with the vegetables and insist that everything be cooked in butter. I'll down some eggs at home. Alternatively, I could go for the half-chicken under a brick, which is actually pretty good. Anyone else have an idea?

I'm just going to accept now that I'm going to have a few glasses of wine. No way I'm not having wine. It's going to be so difficult to not eat the bread though. Of course I could just say "screw it" and enjoy myself and just try to minimize the damage.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    All right, Canuck, you crazy old coot (I mean that in the most affectionate way possible), I'm in. I stopped by the market today to grab a few things, and didn't feel like shopping. And grass-fed steak was on sale. I figured it was a sign. 5 minutes later I was out the door--easiest shopping trip ever. I also gave my egg guy a heads-up not to sell anyone else eggs for the next few weeks, 'cause I'll need all of them (his comment "You want even MORE of them? You're already 90% of what I sell!").

I had a little cheese and a few nuts that I polished off this morning before my shopping trip, but just knocked down a steak and 6 eggs. This will be simple for me, since steak and eggs are two of my favorite foods. I'll be VERY strict with it: steak, eggs, salt, pepper, an occasional dash of hot sauce. Sunday morning I'll hit the farmer's market and get a pile of sweet potatoes and fruits and veggies to chomp down that day. Just chicken breast or tuna or something on "carb day", maybe a little red wine.

I'm planning on two weeks for now; we'll see how it goes.

Oh, I do have two lamb steaks in my fridge still, so I'll have those as steak replacements twice, and will throw a slice or two of bacon on top every once in a while. But yeah, strict as can be.

I also am going to switch my workouts to more of a bodybuilding split rotation for the next few weeks--I'm currently lifting full-body 3-4 days per week (HEAVY), so I'll change that up for the duration.

Here we go!

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Om nom nom! Just devoured my lamb steaks with eggs. The marrow is exquisite

Had some ground beef and eggs earlier. Todays exercise was just a nice long walk in the sun.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    All right, Canuck, you crazy old coot (I mean that in the most affectionate way possible), I'm in. I stopped by the market today to grab a few things, and didn't feel like shopping. And grass-fed steak was on sale. I figured it was a sign. 5 minutes later I was out the door--easiest shopping trip ever. I also gave my egg guy a heads-up not to sell anyone else eggs for the next few weeks, 'cause I'll need all of them (his comment "You want even MORE of them? You're already 90% of what I sell!").

I had a little cheese and a few nuts that I polished off this morning before my shopping trip, but just knocked down a steak and 6 eggs. This will be simple for me, since steak and eggs are two of my favorite foods. I'll be VERY strict with it: steak, eggs, salt, pepper, an occasional dash of hot sauce. Sunday morning I'll hit the farmer's market and get a pile of sweet potatoes and fruits and veggies to chomp down that day. Just chicken breast or tuna or something on "carb day", maybe a little red wine.

I'm planning on two weeks for now; we'll see how it goes.

Oh, I do have two lamb steaks in my fridge still, so I'll have those as steak replacements twice, and will throw a slice or two of bacon on top every once in a while. But yeah, strict as can be.

I also am going to switch my workouts to more of a bodybuilding split rotation for the next few weeks--I'm currently lifting full-body 3-4 days per week (HEAVY), so I'll change that up for the duration.

Here we go!
    Great to have you on board Mr. Anthony! Looking forward to hearing about your experiences. Two weeks should be enough to give you a good idea if the Steak and Eggs approach will generate some fat loss. Good to hear your going into bodybuilding mode for a couple of weeks, should lead to some muscle and metabolic gains. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    I know this is a mite silly, but I'm going out to dinner with my mother-in-law Friday night for an early Mother's Day and I want to stick to steak and eggs as much as I can. I don't want to have my carb day on Friday, but instead on Saturday as planned. The venue is Macaroni Grill. Can anyone find the friendliest item on their dinner menu? There's only one steak item, and the "BBQ" indicates to me that it has a sugary sauce. I think I'm either going to order the steak, hold the sauce, with the vegetables and insist that everything be cooked in butter. I'll down some eggs at home. Alternatively, I could go for the half-chicken under a brick, which is actually pretty good. Anyone else have an idea?

I'm just going to accept now that I'm going to have a few glasses of wine. No way I'm not having wine. It's going to be so difficult to not eat the bread though. Of course I could just say "screw it" and enjoy myself and just try to minimize the damage.
    I say bag it. Make Friday your Carb refeed day and get back on the wagon on Saturday. Or just don't eat until Friday's dinner and then carb on through to lunch the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I say bag it. Make Friday your Carb refeed day and get back on the wagon on Saturday. Or just don't eat until Friday's dinner and then carb on through to lunch the next day.
    Yeah, I already don't eat lunch so that would be my only meal. I dunno. Part of me wants to see the look on everyone's face when I order animal, cooked in animal while everyone else is eating bread and pasta. I realize how that makes me look, but I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Om nom nom! Just devoured my lamb steaks with eggs. The marrow is exquisite

Had some ground beef and eggs earlier. Todays exercise was just a nice long walk in the sun.
    The lamb sounds great...Seems like some of you are adapting the Steak and Eggs to the Meat and Eggs diet - Paleo style!

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Hell, I'll answer - they haven't. Definitely going to be saving on toilet paper this month

I'm going to make sure I eat berries and greens and some prunes on my carb day........
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Carb day with all those vegetables and fruits totally got my system moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    Well, I guess I am weirder than most. The "other end" business has been business as usual. No plugging up or running out. HA!
    I haven't been as lucky as you lot I've been having a nasty case of the runs all day. I hope it sorts itself out soon - it's been really unpleasant.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    I found that too much fat gives me the runs.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    I found that too much fat gives me the runs.
    Too much free oil and grease does that to me, including olive oil. Fat as part of meat doesn't bother me. Butter doesn't bother me.

Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast