Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 37

Navajo is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yes, this happens to me. If I'm eating well enough I really really want to move my body. Even to the point of doing dishes, sweeping and vacuuming. So far nothing has been able to get me to dust.
    Very interesting to hear. Maybe all these years I put off working out was due to my bad eating habbits. Oh, and I don't dust much either. I figure it is a protective layer and should be embraced. HA!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    That's bodybuilding.com levels of protein The bros there, and indeed many on /r/leangains and /r/fitness insist that if you don't get 3 g protein per kg bodyweight your muscles will fall off.

If you don't mind me asking, I have a personal question: how have things been coming out the other end? With no carbohydrate and no fiber, things are bound to come screeching to a halt. Feel free to not answer though. Some topics are probably left off-limits.
    I was wondering about that being a potential area of concern at the start but so far its not been a problem, although my frequency has dropped to once every two days.

You could probably work some cheese in on carb-day. I usually eat small amounts of really good cheese with some bread and wine. I suppose if your thing is lasagna or quesadillas, then yeah. I guess there is no place for cheese this month.
    Bread and grains were the first thing I gave up when I went Paleo. I see in a couple of your posts that you mention that you are still eating bread. Just wondering if it's gluten free?

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Ah I see. Though I take issue with that being the best part about carb-up day. The best part about carb-up day is beer.
    I second that!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Yes, this happens to me. If I'm eating well enough I really really want to move my body. Even to the point of doing dishes, sweeping and vacuuming. So far nothing has been able to get me to dust.
    Meh. Dusting is overrated.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Bread and grains were the first thing I gave up when I went Paleo. I see in a couple of your posts that you mention that you are still eating bread. Just wondering if it's gluten free?
    It's not - nor have I given up beer. Both are occasional treats (once a week or less for bread, 3-4 beers a week for beer) and I probably will never give them up. I'm very healthy, have no digestive issues, and I really friggin' love bread and beer. Beer is a big part of my relationship with my dad. Though he tragically has Crohn's disease and probably shouldn't be drinking beer at this point. I'm helping him to gradually transition to high-end ciders and wine. I'm even brewing some cider for him which will hopefully taste as good as the great beers he enjoys.

Until recently I haven't been too discerning with my bread but my dad just got me Nourishing Traditions (which is mandatory reading for primal enthusiasts, as far as I'm concerned). Lots of the grain recipes in that book either use sprouted grains, or call for you to grind your own flour with a grain grinder. I see no real problem with either of those. I think grains can be a healthy part of a diet as long as they're the right grains, and they're consumed in moderation in the context of a healthy, otherwise primal diet. Hell, one of my favorite comfort foods is a big bowl of oatmeal with butter and cream. On the advice of Nourishing Traditions I've started soaking my oats prior to cooking them.
    Last edited by ajm422; 05-07-2013 at 10:21 AM.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    250g of mince and using4 eggs is only just over 500 cals . I'm 250lbs, that amount even 3 times a day is not enough surely?

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    250g of mince and using4 eggs is only just over 500 cals . I'm 250lbs, that amount even 3 times a day is not enough surely?
    Maybe increase the meat a bit and and another egg - don't forget the butter or coconut oil. I just finished a .94 lb New York Strip, 3 strips of Bacon, 4 Fried eggs all in butter with a few mushrooms, onions and jalapeno pepper. It came out to 1890 calories. I'll probably do hamburger and eggs tonight and it will end up being around 2800 for the day.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Aye, i might have to bump the fat intake to bulk out the meals. What's the carb limit?

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Aye, i might have to bump the fat intake to bulk out the meals. What's the carb limit?
    I'd say as low as possible.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast