Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 36

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So this is the best thing about carb-up day.

I shredded up all the left over chuck roast (~2lb) mixed in the broth and mashed any left over onions into the shredded beef. 8-10oz here along with a 4 yolk/3 white (I steal a yolk from my wife's omelet) scramble cooked in coconut oil and topped with a pat of butter.

I was up about 1.5lbs after the carbfeast.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post

I shredded up all the left over chuck roast (~2lb) mixed in the broth and mashed any left over onions into the shredded beef. 8-10oz here along with a 4 yolk/3 white (I steal a yolk from my wife's omelet) scramble cooked in coconut oil and topped with a pat of butter.

Carb day is a day when I eat neither beef nor eggs. It's nice to take a break and eat fish. Plus it liberates more calories to be eaten of vegetables and fruits.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    Just a quick observation about my journey thus far.

1 day afer my carb-fest I am back down to the exact weight I was prior to. Another words, I gained 1.6 lbs of water weight Saturday and dropped it all yesterday and am back to where I left off with the steak and eggs Friday night. Looking forward to more progress this week.

Also, does anyone know of a correlation between nutrition and motivation? I spent all day yesterday WANTING to work out but since it was a "rest day" I didn't, but the house sure got cleaned! Before this experiment, the mere thought of working out just pissed me off. HA!
    Yes, this happens to me. If I'm eating well enough I really really want to move my body. Even to the point of doing dishes, sweeping and vacuuming. So far nothing has been able to get me to dust.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

ajm422 is offline Senior Member

Wait...what's the best part about carb-up day? The meal in that photo appears to be exclusively beef and eggs.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Wait...what's the best part about carb-up day? The meal in that photo appears to be exclusively beef and eggs.
    The best part was all of the left over meat that I didn't eat because I was focusing on the plant items in the roast pot. I probably had about 4oz of meat each meal and was left with ~2lbs of leftovers. The pic is the breakfast using the leftovers.

The best part was all of the left over meat that I didn't eat because I was focusing on the plant items in the roast pot. I probably had about 4oz of meat each meal and was left with ~2lbs of leftovers. The pic is the breakfast using the leftovers.
    Ah I see. Though I take issue with that being the best part about carb-up day. The best part about carb-up day is beer.

What I miss is cheese. There is no place on either a steak-and-eggs day nor a carb-up day for cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    What I miss is cheese. There is no place on either a steak-and-eggs day nor a carb-up day for cheese.
    You could probably work some cheese in on carb-day. I usually eat small amounts of really good cheese with some bread and wine. I suppose if your thing is lasagna or quesadillas, then yeah. I guess there is no place for cheese this month.

You could probably work some cheese in on carb-day. I usually eat small amounts of really good cheese with some bread and wine. I suppose if your thing is lasagna or quesadillas, then yeah. I guess there is no place for cheese this month.
    I don't want to cheat. The fat in the cheese would displace my vegetables and fruit that make up my carb day. I ate almost a week's worth of them on Sunday.

I'm thinking if I were to repeat this after the first month, I would probably take a week off between as "cheese week".

Navajo is online now Member
    That's bodybuilding.com levels of protein The bros there, and indeed many on /r/leangains and /r/fitness insist that if you don't get 3 g protein per kg bodyweight your muscles will fall off.

If you don't mind me asking, I have a personal question: how have things been coming out the other end? With no carbohydrate and no fiber, things are bound to come screeching to a halt. Feel free to not answer though. Some topics are probably left off-limits.
    Well, I guess I am weirder than most. The "other end" business has been business as usual. No plugging up or running out. HA!

Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast