Page 35 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 35

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I dread the carb day. I don't enjoy it, don't know what to eat, and always feel terrible for 3-4 days afterwards. This time I'm just going to carb up on vegetables and fruits only, no potatoes or rice or anything overly starchy, I just can't stand the draggy feeling afterwards.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I dread the carb day. I don't enjoy it, don't know what to eat, and always feel terrible for 3-4 days afterwards. This time I'm just going to carb up on vegetables and fruits only, no potatoes or rice or anything overly starchy, I just can't stand the draggy feeling afterwards.
    Go back to my photo-diary and see what else I had yesterday. It was no fatty meat and mostly fruit and vegetables. Keep your calories no higher than your daily target. But that won't be hard to do with eating mostly vegetables and fresh fruit.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Definitely sound like carbs (starches in this case) are a trigger food for you. The more I hear from everyone the more I realize how different and unique we all are and how we need to experiment and really identify what works best for each of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    I noticed the same thing this weekend. After I did my (bad) carb-up day, the following day I felt like I was starving all day. I mean, right after eating a pile of steak and eggs in butter, I found myself back in the kitchen looking for something to graze on. I didn't give in and it stopped today, but it would seem that I too am a carb grazer. Something I'll have to keep an eye on.
    Yep. For some people it triggers a binge or an all day graze and for some people it just makes them feel sluggish where other people feel great. This is an N=1, YMMV and all that stuff. It doesn't do anythign horrible to me but I don't feel any benefit from it either so I figure why bother?
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Go back to my photo-diary and see what else I had yesterday. It was no fatty meat and mostly fruit and vegetables. Keep your calories no higher than your daily target. But that won't be hard to do with eating mostly vegetables and fresh fruit.
    That plate looks gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I'm stealing your menu Love that big bowl of berries.....drool. I'm having that for sure. I'm going to do the cuties and kimchi too!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterdays Steak and Eggs diet macros:

Calorie Consumed - 2,159 Calories Burned - 509
    Fat -57.81% - 137 gms.
    Protein - 39.01% - 208 gms
    Carbs - 3.19% - 17 gms.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 in the books. Super easy. 2 meals, about 14oz London broil and 4eggs. Took my normal 2 hour Krav maga training session (1 hour tech and 1 hour conditioning) threw around a 60lb kettlebell for a bit (swings,snatches, clean+press) feeling good this morning.

My wife, about 8oz and 3eggs at lunch. She was not feeling hungry @ all after Krav, but she managed to get down about 6oz and 2 eggs with a little effort. She loves it, not being hungry as steak really satisfies her for a long time.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by WeldingHank; 05-07-2013 at 07:54 AM.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Yesterdays Steak and Eggs diet macros:

Calorie Consumed - 2,159 Calories Burned - 509
    Fat -57.81% - 137 gms.
    Protein - 39.01% - 208 gms
    Carbs - 3.19% - 17 gms.
    That's bodybuilding.com levels of protein The bros there, and indeed many on /r/leangains and /r/fitness insist that if you don't get 3 g protein per kg bodyweight your muscles will fall off.

If you don't mind me asking, I have a personal question: how have things been coming out the other end? With no carbohydrate and no fiber, things are bound to come screeching to a halt. Feel free to not answer though. Some topics are probably left off-limits.

Eating 1 meal I came in somewhat under calories yesterday: 1250. But I was way under on the protein, only 73 grams of protein due to the fact that I ate 75% fat. I think I will eat 2 meals with smaller portions of meat than before. And ribeye only once a day. I need to keep my average calorie intake around 1800 for maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    how have things been coming out the other end?
    Hell, I'll answer - they haven't. Definitely going to be saving on toilet paper this month

I'm going to make sure I eat berries and greens and some prunes on my carb day........

Hell, I'll answer - they haven't. Definitely going to be saving on toilet paper this month

I'm going to make sure I eat berries and greens and some prunes on my carb day........
    Carb day with all those vegetables and fruits totally got my system moving.

Page 35 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast