Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 33

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Buffalo and eggs this morning, and a little beef liver.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    Alright, throwing myself into this for about the next 8 weeks (maybe longer) London broil was on sale, so I have about 15lbs of it for the week. So were the cage-free eggs we normally get. Got 10lbs of top round for the wife. She is in for at least 4 weeks she said. Will be interesting.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Welcome WeldingHank! Sounds like your loaded and ready for action...Looking for ward to your updates. Best of luck to your wife as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Buffalo and eggs this morning, and a little beef liver.
    Yum, nice combo. Think I'll give it a try.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Given a choice between this and the infamous potato hack, I know which one would be less boring. I think this is brilliant in that it is showing people that the sky does not fall in if they eat without carbs. In fact it can feel amazing.
    Glad to hear you're doing well.
    Oh I definitely agree. In fact, of all the crazy novelty diets that come around here now and then, this is one I can get on board with. In fact, if this was my first meal(s) of the day every day and dinner was whatever, I'd be a happy camper and could do it indefinitely.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Navajo is offline Member
    Just a quick observation about my journey thus far.

1 day afer my carb-fest I am back down to the exact weight I was prior to. Another words, I gained 1.6 lbs of water weight Saturday and dropped it all yesterday and am back to where I left off with the steak and eggs Friday night. Looking forward to more progress this week.

Also, does anyone know of a correlation between nutrition and motivation? I spent all day yesterday WANTING to work out but since it was a "rest day" I didn't, but the house sure got cleaned! Before this experiment, the mere thought of working out just pissed me off. HA!

Wow! What a great workout this morning. Did my scheduled Monday chest and back workout and just hammered it. Felt incredibly strong, got a great pump and pushed weight increases in all exercises. Really enjoyed the primal carbfest yesterday, kept the fats very low and consumed a lot of carbs with some lean protein. Just finished my New York strip and 6 egg lunch, focused and committed to another 6 days of steak and eggs!

Kastro is offline Junior Member
    Is anyone else eating a significant amount of greens everyday along with their steak and eggs? Since I was feeling kind of off with just the Steak and Eggs, I've added a large salad every lunch of Mixed greens, broccoli, peppers, snow peas and avocado. Dinner it's usually back to Steak and Eggs, maybe with a bit of broccoli.
    I've had solid results the first week (down 3 lbs), so we'll see if the results continue to roll in with the added greens. I'm certainly feeling better with the added veg, so I'm hoping things aren't thrown off too much.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kastro View Post
    Is anyone else eating a significant amount of greens everyday along with their steak and eggs?
    I'm back to eating steak, egg yolks, and butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kastro View Post
    Is anyone else eating a significant amount of greens everyday along with their steak and eggs? Since I was feeling kind of off with just the Steak and Eggs, I've added a large salad every lunch of Mixed greens, broccoli, peppers, snow peas and avocado. Dinner it's usually back to Steak and Eggs, maybe with a bit of broccoli.
    I've had solid results the first week (down 3 lbs), so we'll see if the results continue to roll in with the added greens. I'm certainly feeling better with the added veg, so I'm hoping things aren't thrown off too much.
    No problem Kastro please do what works best for you, I am trying to stick to the Steak and Eggs diet as prescribed for fat loss in the 70s to see how effective it is for me. The concept is steak and eggs only with a low fat high carb refeed on Sundays, which I am following for the most part except I will add in liver and hamburger to replace steak in a couple of meals each week. It's a bit difficult and expensive to stick with so others are trying variations, providing input, sharing best practices etc. I suggest everyone goes through at least a whole 1 week cycle of steak and eggs and a refeed before they try varying it.

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I pushed my carb day back to today (because I wife weighs herself on Monday) and I have to say I'm having a hard time with it. First off, nearly all carbs were purged from the house a month ago. Secondly I don't even want any carbs anymore.

So my forced carb meal is a chuck roast with 3 large sweet potatoes and 1-1/2 sweet onions. My wife is out for a friend's birthday dinner so I get to force down all the carbs alone. Seeing as I didn't have any other carb sources in the house I just extended my normal 14h evening fast to a 22h fast. First time I've ever gone that long, it wasn't too rough but I was happy when the roast was ready.

I'm feeling a little beat down over the past couple days of lifting so I think my only activity will be stretching today. (other than my daily 2 mile lunch walk)

Not sure if I'm going to be able to keep up this feed day week after week.

Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast