Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 32

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I agree with you. I eat probably 90% primal, occasional dark chocolate or ice cream thrown in there.
    And even better, dark chocolate ice cream, eh?

I'm interested to see what happens after the month and all of you return to Primal eating.
    This is primal, too.

Will the weight come back on when you increase your carb intake? I know I can't do low carb for long term because I become horribly depressed.
    I have no issue cycling between VLC and moderate carbs. VLC/high fat gives me enormous surges of energy.

I also have 2 growing kids (nearly 3 and just 5) that watch my food intake very closely so eating only 2 things all week would likely be met with strange responses. But if I see that it works for some people and they can keep off the weight, I might give it a go. I am 5'3.5" and 173lbs and would really like to finally lost all this fat. I can lift decently impressive numbers and play soccer once a week but can't seem to actually slim down.
    It's up to you how you decide to explain your eating choices to your kids. It doesn't seem to me that if you have trouble adapting to VLC, this diet is right for you. But realistically, if you indefinitely put off losing weight because you can't decide how to explain your dietary choices to your kids (I suggest something like "This is how it is."), you are not only hurting yourself, you are hurting them in the long run, because you can't be as active and healthy when you stay overweight.

You're the mom here.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    This sounds like it would get a bit boring after a while.

I have been eating just large amounts of different kinds of meats. Usually lean chicken, salmon with skin, fresh tuna, lamb or liver and serving it over a sweet potato or mashed cauliflower and often having some additional vegetables, but not always. Usually with a sauce (Sriracha or chipotle) or a salsa on top. Probably way more protein than I actually need. Only using grass-fed lamb fat or olive oil for cooking. No wine (maybe a glass a week), no chocolate.

I've been eating as big of portions as I can manage, but now and then with all that protein I have to skip a meal because I just can't eat it.

I've been able to make good progress in lifting weights. I actually got a couple of random compliments about my body composition (I honestly can't see it, but I guess they could). My pants certainly feel loose.

Anyway, I think the steak and eggs plan is probably brilliant but I doubt you have to be that strict with yourself.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post

I have been eating just large amounts of different kinds of meats. Usually lean chicken, salmon with skin, fresh tuna, lamb or liver and serving it over a sweet potato or mashed cauliflower and often having some additional vegetables, but not always. Usually with a sauce (Sriracha or chipotle) or a salsa on top. Probably way more protein than I actually need. Only using grass-fed lamb fat or olive oil for cooking. No wine (maybe a glass a week), no chocolate.

I've been eating as big of portions as I can manage, but now and then with all that protein I have to skip a meal because I just can't eat it.

I've been able to make good progress in lifting weights. I actually got a couple of random compliments about my body composition (I honestly can't see it, but I guess they could). My pants certainly feel loose.

Anyway, I think the steak and eggs plan is probably brilliant but I doubt you have to be that strict with yourself.
    It's not really about "have to." It's about doing a novelty diet for a short period of time just for the experience. Is this the only way to lose fat? No. Is this the best way to lose fat? No. But it is interesting and it's been a fun experience. I'm getting really good at cooking eggs and steak, too!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Not tired of steak yet. It's been a crazy day.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's up to you how you decide to explain your eating choices to your kids. It doesn't seem to me that if you have trouble adapting to VLC, this diet is right for you. But realistically, if you indefinitely put off losing weight because you can't decide how to explain your dietary choices to your kids (I suggest something like "This is how it is."), you are not only hurting yourself, you are hurting them in the long run, because you can't be as active and healthy when you stay overweight.

You're the mom here.
    But my weight doesn't stop me from doing anything at this point. I can play with them for hours, take them on long walks to various parks. We eat a healthy primal and so do they, although we do have a bit of dairy. I'm mostly trying to figure out what I need to do to lose the weight by tweaking things here and there. The carbs we have now, aside from the dairy, are potatoes, sweet potatoes, and fruit with the occasional white rice. I just can't imagine trying to tell my kids to eat their veggies while I don't.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Given a choice between this and the infamous potato hack, I know which one would be less boring. I think this is brilliant in that it is showing people that the sky does not fall in if they eat without carbs. In fact it can feel amazing.
    Glad to hear you're doing well.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    My second day was good. I'm doing more overhead squats. I had steak and eggs for lunch. And then, guess what I had for dinner? Yep. Steak and eggs. Loved it both times and expect to love it tomorrow too. Tomorrow I'm going for a really long walk on the beach and then I'm going to lift heavy things.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    It's not really about "have to." It's about doing a novelty diet for a short period of time just for the experience. Is this the only way to lose fat? No. Is this the best way to lose fat? No. But it is interesting and it's been a fun experience. I'm getting really good at cooking eggs and steak, too!
    I was going to post a response to sbhikes, but decided you did it better than I could. Thanks!

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    So the weekend of cheats is over. I had things to attend both days, so instead of doing one full on carb refeed, they both got to be half and half. Generally steak and eggs for breakfast, and other stuff the rest of the day.
    Had a vegetable lasagna, hotdogs, icecream, and cake. Also had a veritable mountain of raspberries and strawberries and some bananas. So it was a mix of good and bad stuff. Whatever, I knew it in advance.

Today we're back on the steak and eggs. Just finished heavy squats. The workout wasn't all in, as I was sore in my one glute after a fall from an attempted handstand pushup yesterday, but I decided to go and give it a go. Did 85kg x 5, 105kg x 3 and 117.5kg for 1. Normally I would've pushed the last one for more, but I felt the glute while squatting, so decided to play it safe.
    Then I did deficit deadlifts, 85kg x 5, 100kg x 5, 110kg x 5, standing on a 7.5cm block. Didn't feel it in this exercise, which I would've thought.

I skipped the rest of the assistance workout.

Now it's time for some lovely steaks and eggs

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Alright, throwing myself into this for about the next 8 weeks (maybe longer) London broil was on sale, so I have about 15lbs of it for the week. So were the cage-free eggs we normally get. Got 10lbs of top round for the wife. She is in for at least 4 weeks she said. Will be interesting.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast