"The Day After" HAHAHAHA

So yesterday I ate the following as my refeed:
    coffee and cream
    Cobb Salad with Ranch
    Clif Peanut Butter Choc. Crunch bar
    1 can Spaghettios
    1 Small Salmon Steak
    1 Cup white Rice

WOW! Talk about the wheels falling off a bit. I have NEVER liked Spaghettios...EVER but they were calling me yesterday and I finally gave in. HA
    BUT I spent 12.5 hours outside working in the sun (mowing, weed whacking, cleaning fence rows, stacking huge brush pile, moving big rocks around etc) then after dark the boy and I set the brushpile on fire and had a pretty good relaxing couple hours around a bon fire. So, all in all I'm calling it a win!

So after all that atrocious food yesterday, the scales only went UP 1.6 lbs. Not bad!

So back to the steak and eggs today.

Hope everyone enjoys their carbs today and lets try to do better than I didn in keeping it mostly Primal! HA

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I've increased the amount if water I'm drinking, as when I'm eating lots of veggies, greens, fruit and stews I get lots of fluid anyway.

I also often add a spoon or two of sole to a few glasses of water a day, especially the first glass I drink. I find that helps too.

Sole Recipe
    Glad you put in that link.

Sole

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    "The Day After" HAHAHAHA

So yesterday I ate the following as my refeed:
    coffee and cream
    Cobb Salad with Ranch
    Clif Peanut Butter Choc. Crunch bar
    1 can Spaghettios
    1 Small Salmon Steak
    1 Cup white Rice

WOW! Talk about the wheels falling off a bit. I have NEVER liked Spaghettios...EVER but they were calling me yesterday and I finally gave in. HA
    BUT I spent 12.5 hours outside working in the sun (mowing, weed whacking, cleaning fence rows, stacking huge brush pile, moving big rocks around etc) then after dark the boy and I set the brushpile on fire and had a pretty good relaxing couple hours around a bon fire. So, all in all I'm calling it a win!

So after all that atrocious food yesterday, the scales only went UP 1.6 lbs. Not bad!

So back to the steak and eggs today.

Hope everyone enjoys their carbs today and lets try to do better than I didn in keeping it mostly Primal! HA
    Oh, man! Clearly your cravings are different from mine. Here's what I craved for my break-steak:

grapefruit
    cutie
    kimchi
    smoked salmon

Rest day.

Results so far:
    Down 2.2 pounds
    Lost 1/2" around the waist, 1/2" around the hips, 1/4" around the thighs. Wearing a size smaller jeans. Looking really trim. Some of that excess flesh seems to be disappearing.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-05-2013 at 07:58 AM.

pnb2005 is offline Junior Member
    I am planning on doing this.... Steak and Eggs are my favorite foods to eat.... But I have never made them my exclusive source of food...it is going to be divine. My question is, I will likely go to Costco and buy a slab of steak that was probably fed corn ($$$$ cheaper than grass fed)...should I supplement heavy with OMEGA-3s (to avoid inflammation)?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pnb2005 View Post
    I am planning on doing this.... Steak and Eggs are my favorite foods to eat.... But I have never made them my exclusive source of food...it is going to be divine. My question is, I will likely go to Costco and buy a slab of steak that was probably fed corn ($$$$ cheaper than grass fed)...should I supplement heavy with OMEGA-3s (to avoid inflammation)?
    I didn't. If you want to supplement, I'd say supplement lightly.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    My husband found London Broil on sale so I have half a week's worth of steak now. Today I'm going to garden all day again, and go for a long walk. I'm trying to increase weight on my overhead squats today; trying to set a daily goal of some sort for myself.

navajo, you're still way ahead of the game. You had a great first week.

jackson, I loved your Friday Success Story. You look amazing.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson44 View Post
    Canuck416:

Really enjoying your discussion here and glad you like the article I sent you on "steak/eggs." I did this diet when I was in my 20's. So I disagree with that comment that only "talented" people with good bodies ate this way.

I used to train at World gym in the 80's. It was very common back then to train and go to "Zucky's Diner" and order steak/eggs. Every once in while, Vince Gironda would pop in. What a character that guy was. A head of his time. Hated carbs and would always talk about eating liver and cream. If you are a Zane fan, he looked his best about two month before a contest. He doesn't look it when he's on stage, but man, was he huge before he started to diet down! Very impressive.

If you are interested in old time bodybuilding history check out "Smoke and mirrors" by Randy Roach or listen to some of his podcast. Lots of info how those guys used to eat. Rick Drasin has very cool show on the old timers as well on youtube. I'll try to find the one where he talks about steak/eggs.

Also, I wrote my transformation story in this Friday's edition of MDA. It's called "Free at 50". I think you might like it. I figure us older guys got to stick together!

Looking forward to see you progress on this diet!
    I loved your Free at 50 transformation story! Thanks for posting. The Rick Drasin video's on Youtube are a hoot and fun to watch if you are into old body building history, great stuff. Really glad to hear you are following the thread. Thanks for participating!

Quote Originally Posted by pnb2005 View Post
    Its important to remember this is a one month trial and not a long term diet strategy, something to help jump start your fat loss and get past sticking points. I think that ultimately it is more important to eat pastured, free range, organic and local as much as possible. Striving to eat foods that meet that criteria trumps steak when it comes to budget considerations over the long hall.

Carb refeed day! I baked a yam and mixed it with white rice for breakfast, tasted real good! Going to have it again for lunch along with a big salad and salmon. I'm really craving fruit today, so far I've already had an organic organge, apple and banana and I'll probably have some grapes and melon later. Dinner tonight will be another big salad, gluten free spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce and lean bison, some good Sonoma red wine and dark chocolate. Yum!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Its important to remember this is a one month trial and not a long term diet strategy, something to help jump start your fat loss and get past sticking points. I think that ultimately it is more important to eat pastured, free range, organic and local as much as possible. Striving to eat foods that meet that criteria trumps steak when it comes to budget considerations over the long hall.
    I'm going to disagree. As you said, this is short term. The nutritional differences between grass fed and corn fed cattle are significant, but they're also important for long term health concerns rather than short term. The steak and eggs diet works primarily because it's zero carb, high protein, and high fat. Sure, it's possible that 4-5% of the diet's efficacy comes from some sort of beefy magic that other protein sources can't match, but I kinda doubt it. To adhere to the steak and eggs diet is to get the 70s bodybuilding experience and enjoy the fat loss benefits of a cyclical ketogenic diet. Any further benefits of switching from grain fed Costco steak to grass fed gourmet meat would be, in my opinion, insignificant.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    So is this a good way to lose fat or just to build muscle? Steak is too expensive so I'll have to make do with mince and cheaper cuts!
    Both. An important part of this month's strategy is to burn fat by building muscle, increasing testosterone and increasing your metabolic rate. There are several links posted in the thread that talk about this and are worth a read. Cheaper cuts are fine if you are on a budget, you could call your version the red meat and eggs diet

Page 30 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast