Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 3

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by manimal View Post
    Could this work with any fatty meat or it has to be steak? I'm thinking about 25% fat ground beef or pork loin....of course eggs and butter included
    I would think any "complete" protein source would work. Plenty of pro plans are all chicken and/or other lean meats. You can add fat to leaner meats if you want.

Since I see just the word "steak" used, who knows what that really means in terms of cut off the cow. Ribeye, Sirloin, Flat Iron, Sirloin Tip, Tri-tip, hange etc..
    Last edited by pyro13g; 04-25-2013 at 08:29 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I am strangely drawn to trying some variation of this. What is your normal maintenance calorie intake? Obviously, being female, I would have to find a different sweet spot.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    If I did this I'd switch the proteins up a lot. I would tire of the same thing after day 3. I get that it would throw off some of the macros, but I'm not driven by the numbers anyway.

This is what I try to do when I need to drop BF faster, or kick-start it before easing back to maintenance. I'm pretty bad at staying away from potatoes... I just love them so much.
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I can't wait to see some of your results. I have some bulking I want to accomplish before I jump into this, but I can definitely see myself doing this in 2-3 months.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manimal View Post
    Could this work with any fatty meat or it has to be steak? I'm thinking about 25% fat ground beef or pork loin....of course eggs and butter included
    I am sure you could use any fatty meat but then it wouldn't be called a "Steak and Eggs Diet". Back in the 70s they just stuck primarily with steak and eggs adding some other meat once and a while probably won't make a difference but try and stick with Steak (your variety can come from different types of steak). The Steak and Eggs diet was developed by famous bodybuilding trainer Vince Gironda as a way to burn off all excess bodyfat. It is the simplest diet in existence and it is one of the most effective.The Steak and Eggs diet is exactly what it sounds like – you eat Steak and Eggs, cooked in butter, and you watch the fat melt off. When it comes to burning bodyfat simplicity is often overlooked in favor of needlessly complicated systems and plans for losing weight. People will needlessly try to count calories, mix and match several different ingredients to “activate their fat-burning” abilities, eliminate all high calorie foods, or drink nothing but juice for a week. And they end up right back where they started – with unwanted bodyfat. This trial is focused on simplicity and a test of whether this approach works for me. (I'm a 61 year old male)

As far as nutrients are concerned - 3 ounces of beef provides the same amount of Iron as 2 3/4 cups of raw spinach. 4 ounces of beef gives you 40% of your daily requirement of Zinc. 4 ounces of beef gives you 40% of your daily requirement of Selenium. 4 ounces of beef gives your nearly 50% of your daily requirement of vitamin B12 and 25% of your daily requirement of vitamin B6. Beef is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Eggs contain Calcium, Phosphorus and Magnesium.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I am strangely drawn to trying some variation of this. What is your normal maintenance calorie intake? Obviously, being female, I would have to find a different sweet spot.
    During the initial weight loss period of my Paleo journey (first 4 months) I kept a 500 calorie daily deficit through a combination of diet and exercise - about 1600 calories per day. I went from 213 lbs down to 165 during that period and around 11% body fat. During this trial I am not going to focus on calorie counting, just train hard and heavy and eat the steak and eggs (plus the high carb low fat refeed each Sunday). Currently I'm about 171 and around 13% bodyfat (61 years old). Would like to muscle up to 175 and get my bodyfat under 10%. Here's a photo at my lightest Paleo weight when I was around 11% BF - I will post a before and after photo when I finish the 4 weeks.

John 6 months Paleo.jpg
    Last edited by canuck416; 07-30-2013 at 10:51 PM.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    It seems I never come across an attachment that has been "approved". I always just get "Attachments Pending Approval".

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    It seems I never come across an attachment that has been "approved". I always just get "Attachments Pending Approval".
    That's because they take a little while to get approved, and the thread dies in the meantime.

Canuck, get on imgur or something !!! Well doesn't matter, I predict this thread will flourish til your pic shows up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    That's because they take a little while to get approved, and the thread dies in the meantime.

Canuck, get on imgur or something !!! Well doesn't matter, I predict this thread will flourish til your pic shows up anyway.
    Wow that's weird it shows up fine on my page? Sorry for the delay.

Beginning Monday I will report on each day - training, type of steak, how I feel etc. Hopefully that will keep the masses entertained until the picture shows up
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    An old school friend of mines carb day included approximately 3 dozen potatoes.
    Yikes that I could not do! I think my high carb/low fat day will be a large baked yam, some white rice and a can of tuna at breakfast and lunch. Gluten free spaghetti for dinner with a tomato meat (very lean hamburger) sauce. Some fruit and a large mixed vegetable salad. My treat will be coconut bliss dark chocolate ice cream for dinner desert. I will also add a couple glasses of red wine.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast