Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 28

Navajo is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, since Saturdays are going to be my refeed days, thought I'd post my stats for my first week of just steak and eggs:

Weight: Down 5.2 lbs
    Neck: Same
    Chest: Down 1/2"
    Belly: Down just under 1/2"
    Hips: Down just over 1/2"

Good luck to everyone.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I'm starting in on this a week late so I'll go an extra week at the end.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I'm starting in on this a week late so I'll go an extra week at the end.
    Welcome!

I'm feeling great. Did chinup/pullup exercise today. My belly is looking and feeling flatter, and my butt is lifting. I'm concerned I may be eating too much food. But oh! it feels good to chow down on the beef and egg yolks. I will have to decide at some point if I'm losing weight in a reasonable time frame or should trade off some calories.

About to go out foraging for starchy vegetables for tomorrow while I have the car and the Asian market is open.

I think tomorrow I will have 2 meals: one will probably be a salad and some sort of oyster stew, maybe thickened with cashew cream and/or rice flour so as not to load it with fat from HWC. Ladled over mashed potatoes.

The other will probably be shrimp with assorted root and green vegetables.

Fruit in there somewhere, too. I have a mango and a quart of baby cuties to finish up.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-04-2013 at 06:56 AM.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Welcome!

I think tomorrow I will have 2 meals: one will probably be a salad and some sort of oyster stew, maybe thickened with cashew cream and/or rice flour so as not to load it with fat from HWC. Ladled over mashed potatoes.

The other will probably be shrimp with assorted root and green vegetables.

Fruit in there somewhere, too. I have a mango and a quart of baby cuties to finish up.
    Thanks for the welcome!

So is tomorrow your refeed day, eKatherine? I'm still trying to get a handle on this. And I hope it's ok to do lunch and dinner instead of breakfast and dinner? I can't make myself eat breakfast.

I had 5 fried eggs and a rib eye for lunch. I felt so decadent. I'm getting lots of sun and moving slowly today too - spending the day outside gardening in bare feet to get grounded. I too am wondering about calories but I think for the first week I'll just eat to satiety to get acclimated. So cool that you already see differences. The butt and stomach!

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to all the Newbies, great to have you on board! It so motivating to see all the wonderful results and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures over the next few weeks. I am planning on posting a photo next Sunday after completing the 2nd week. Hang in there everyone, by the end of next week you should all being seeing some remarkable changes.

Day 6 - Just got back from an incredible leg day at the gym. Something very primal about lifting heavy weights with your legs. Up my poundages on all lifts. It's been a great week for strength increases and I managed to gain a pound of body weight. It is definitely muscle as my waist has gone down an inch and I'm starting to see some significant results in the mirror. It sure is gratifying to be able to put on muscle and lean out at 61. I'll be getting another body fat assessment done with calipers next Sunday and will post the results along with an updated photo.

I'm doing another New York strip steak and 6 egg breakfast as I write this and I think I'll do liver and eggs tonight. Not steak but its from the same animal at least. I am sure looking forward to tomorrows refeed. Lots of Paleo carbs and bit of local organic Sonoma County red wine...should be fun!
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

So is tomorrow your refeed day, eKatherine? I'm still trying to get a handle on this. And I hope it's ok to do lunch and dinner instead of breakfast and dinner? I can't make myself eat breakfast.

I had 5 fried eggs and a rib eye for lunch. I felt so decadent. I'm getting lots of sun and moving slowly today too - spending the day outside gardening in bare feet to get grounded. I too am wondering about calories but I think for the first week I'll just eat to satiety to get acclimated. So cool that you already see differences. The butt and stomach!
    Welcome! Yes tomorrow is a refeed day, eat lots of Paleo carbs, some lean protein and keep the fat to a minimum. Then its back to steak and eggs on Monday. Try to keep it primarily steak and eggs, however you can substitute ground beef, liver or heart if you get bored or you find the steak to be too expensive. Don't forget to use lots of butter! Its actually better to skip breakfast and eat a Lunch/Dinner combination - that way you get in an IF ratio of around 18 hours fast/6 hours eating window. An important part of this month trial is training, we are asking people to really push their boundaries. I suggest doing weight training and a couple of days of sprints. The idea is to build some muscle and drive up your metabolism. Looking forward to hearing about your results!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    I know dairy isn't encouraged, but I suspect I'll be needing a cream soda after a few weeks of zero carbohydrates and sweets. Seltzer water (we have a sodastream - fantastic), some heavy cream, and raspberry/orange/vanilla extract. They are kind of like a very light ice cream float - delicious and creamy. Not strictly allowed on the steak and eggs diet, but if it's between that and an inopportune carb binge, might be time to reach for the cream.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Sore all over, working out to the max! Today is clean-up and moving stuff, so I'm probably just going to stay busy and toss in some body-weight at the day's end, call it a rest day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I am coming down now off an amazing surge of energy. What's that about? I cooked loads of food. Just kept going and going until finally the cake went in the oven. I have half my vegetables for tomorrow cooked and ready to eat.

[Note: at this time I suddenly in the middle of the sentence felt the need to get up and do 2 sets of squats.]

This happened previously (the energy, not the squats) when I was visiting Chicago in February on a rather cold and windy day, and had to wait an extra hour and a half on the street for a bus that was late. At the time I was eating 75% fat. Everybody else there was so cold, I felt so sorry for them. I felt like hunting seals in a leather kayak in the Arctic. Where is my spear when I need it?

Just to see what was happening, I took a blood glucose reading. 95, 3 hours after eating an 8oz burger patty and 3 egg yolks.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So last night turned into an impromptu carb night.

Had a family birthday dinner, where the vast selection of dish almost always includes a platter of either/both beef or lamb steaks, so I didn't take any with me. I say, almost because last night they didn't :-(

So carb night it was! Malaysian Chicken curry on rice and potatoes, followed by a couple bowls of Gula melaka but without the coconut milk.

There may also have been a spoonful or two of chocolate ice cream, somewhere along the way :-)
    Last edited by Misabi; 05-04-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast