Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 26

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Ran out of steak and eggs, re-upping today. So I am eating beef heart with the fat on it still as a substitute this AM.
    Where do you buy your beef heart? I live in MD right outside of DC and I'm searching for places but I'm coming up empty. I want to get into eating offal regularly.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Call a local rancher and ask when the next kill is, and if they can save X for you from the animal. I regularly get suet and heart and liver this way. I've never asked for the head - I wonder if I can get it? Perhaps without the brain if they are worried about that.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajm422 View Post
    Where do you buy your beef heart? I live in MD right outside of DC and I'm searching for places but I'm coming up empty. I want to get into eating offal regularly.
    I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find in DC suburbs. I used to live in Germantown MD back in '99, we had this cool little Amish type market (Lancaster County Dutch Market) with an awesome butcher shop(they would even have rabbits). If I recall the was also an asian or latin market, I can't track it down on google/google maps now but I did see this new Korean market (the also have a Sliver Spring and La Grande location).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Actually PB, I was wondering about that. Looking at my steak and eggs for today on paleotrack.com it's coming up short on RDI for some minerals and vitamins. If I throw offal into the mix it would improve them i guess, but in the context if this steak and eggs experiment, I guess adequate fruit and veggies on Sunday should make up any deficit from during the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Actually those numbers look pretty stellar to me. I think you gotta try to account for the higher bioavailability for meat and eggs. These things are used at a much better rate than getting them elsewhere. Plus thow in one liver day and watch your copper for the week and any sub par B vitamins get taken care of.
    Yes, I was telling Canuck that, to do this long term, it really would need to be the "nose to tail critters and eggs diet", kind of like what I eat all the time.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Actually those numbers look pretty stellar to me. I think you gotta try to account for the higher bioavailability for meat and eggs. These things are used at a much better rate than getting them elsewhere. Plus thow in one liver day and watch your copper for the week and any sub par B vitamins get taken care of.
    True, I hadn't taken the bioavailability into account and I've got ox liver scheduled in the rotation ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, I was telling Canuck that, to do this long term, it really would need to be the "nose to tail critters and eggs diet", kind of like what I eat all the time.
    Absolutely!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Great input from everyone...Thanks!

Day 5 - Just got back from my intervals at the track - 10 X 100 meters. Very hot - 90 degrees! But felt suprisingly good, did the last 2 on the turf barefooted. Something very primal about running all out bare foot and shirtless.

Started the morning at the gym doing the same Shoulders and Arms routine I outlined on Tuesday. Was able to move up some on the weights, so progress is being made.

I haven't weighed myself since Monday, but I think I'll hop on the scales in the morning just to get an update. Not really looking to loose weight as I had already reached my target, just hoping to put on a few pounds of muscle and drop some body fat. I think I'm looking better in the mirror but its hard to tell and its only been a week. I thought I would feel more fatigued, but I must be fat adapted as my energy levels have remained very consistent considering the lack of carbs. However I sure am looking forward to the carb refeed on Sunday!

Meal 1 - New York Strip and 6 fried eggs cooked in butter with lots of Himalayan salt.

Meal 2 - Coming up! Nice big T-Bone and the usual 6 free range organic eggs in Kerrygold butter. I think I'll add some shallots and jalapenos Yum!!
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-03-2013 at 05:59 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    3 egg yolk folded omelet, 13oz ribeye for supper. Man, that feels good in my stomach. I ate a light lunch earlier this morning than usual, so was really hungry tonight.

I might be eating too much, but it tastes really good, and I'm getting stronger. One of these days I'm going to do a chinup...

Double post with no warning.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-03-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Double post with no warning.
    Are you using the new smartphone app? I've had the same issue. And it only lets you modify your posts, not delete them. I've had to go to the forum through the web browser to delete my duplicates.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Are you using the new smartphone app? I've had the same issue. And it only lets you modify your posts, not delete them. I've had to go to the forum through the web browser to delete my duplicates.
    Actually no, just the computer. Today is the first day it's been double posting without any sign something odd was going to happen, or had happened.

Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast