Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 25

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I love seeing all these people embracing the carnivorous fun. And nary a nutritional deficiency in sight.
    Actually PB, I was wondering about that. Looking at my steak and eggs for today on paleotrack.com it's coming up short on RDI for some minerals and vitamins. If I throw offal into the mix it would improve them i guess, but in the context if this steak and eggs experiment, I guess adequate fruit and veggies on Sunday should make up any deficit from during the week.

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Yes, refeed day for me will be a nutritonal overdose! Miner's lettuce, stinging nettle, dandelion, ALL THE BERRIES I HAVE, and more!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Good answers both, has convinced me to try it at some stage. I've been simplifying recently anyway - the most complex thing I cook at the moment is a stew, its mainly just fresh meats, veg and fruit, sometimes made more interesting but usually I don't need to anyway - its already great. 'Meat week' / 'veg week' / 'fruit week' would make my shopping trips even easier...!

Or maybe I could do this:......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-z5T8meC84
    Last edited by Owen; 05-03-2013 at 06:02 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Had a great bench workout today.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe this thread already has 25 pages but it's still too early to see progress pictures. I want progress pictures!!
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

little vase is offline Senior Member
    It's only the 6th day of the challenge. These people are just really talky ;P

But yeah. I would love pics too. I hope some of you took befores!

I'm tempted to get on this, just start a week late and go a week after the challenge is over. I could eat steak and eggs for a month straight, no problem. No problem at all.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    Actually PB, I was wondering about that. Looking at my steak and eggs for today on paleotrack.com it's coming up short on RDI for some minerals and vitamins. If I throw offal into the mix it would improve them i guess, but in the context if this steak and eggs experiment, I guess adequate fruit and veggies on Sunday should make up any deficit from during the week.

Actually those numbers look pretty stellar to me. I think you gotta try to account for the higher bioavailability for meat and eggs. These things are used at a much better rate than getting them elsewhere. Plus thow in one liver day and watch your copper for the week and any sub par B vitamins get taken care of.

silentmercy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I still think you'll have good results, it just may not be a true ketogenic diet.

Remember, every single gram of protein that is not diverted to maintaining or building muscle gets turned to glucose via gluconeogenesis so even overall macro percentages can be kind of pointless at times if there is simply more protein than your muscles need in your diet.
    Aaah, thanks for this post. I have been stalling the past few weeks with my prior successful routine and I am going to guess the addition of BCAA is the culprit. Great for IF pre/post workout. I love the taste and have been adding it to my water getting about 5-7 servings throughout the day. No wonder i'm stalling. Backing off the BCAA I bet does the trick.

Fynn is offline Junior Member
    Waist has gone down an inch already. Went from a 49'' to a 48''. The steak and eggs has broken my two month plateau.
    Work out was bi's and Tri's with some shoulder press tossed in and my first AB workout in some time. The steak and eggs are still going down well and still TASTY.
    05/01/2012 - Present
    Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
    Height 6' 6''

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Ran out of steak and eggs, re-upping today. So I am eating beef heart with the fat on it still as a substitute this AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast