Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 21

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I'm not doing the steak and eggs thing - too many eggs at once sometimes make me nauseous. Anyway, I have found that green tea with jasmine is a really good way to help with sweet cravings, I usually buy Twinings. I guess it's the flavor of the jasmine, makes it a feel like a real treat.
    Good recommendation regarding the green tea and jasmine, will definitely add this to my daily routine. Thanks!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Another day, another new low. The weight is coming off in ounces rather than pounds, but I'll take it.

My first cup of green tea of the day I stir in a drop of peppermint oil. (The "cup" is about 20 ounces, but I make it half strength.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Just got done with my deadlift workout, which went as follows:

Deadlift:
    117.5kg x 5
    132.5kg x 3
    147.5kg x 4 (goal was 1 or more)

Safety Bar Squat:
    67.5kg x 5
    77.5kg x 5
    87.5kg x 5

Hanging leg raises:
    10, 10, 6, 6, 6

Glute Ham Raise:
    8, 7, 6, 6, 5

Had a protein shake afterwards (I use a netral one with no flavourings), and then cooked up 750g of minced beef, and 10 eggs in butter and the beef fat that had drained off. Ate half now and packed the other half for dinner at work.
    Great workout Ghashyul! Impressive deadlift numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Owen, it is my impression that when you give up a whole food group that was a staple or so for a long time, your body (metabolism) will "perceive" it as a change in your environment (quasi-sudden absence of this food) and trigger mitigation mechanism, which in all likelihood will be "fat burning" due to the "hard days ahead" (fat is stored for bad days when food is scarce). So it will probably work for a while until your body adapts to the new norm (homeostasis). Then it's time to change again if you still want to shed some more body fat. Basically, put the body into a state where it "believes" you will have to rely on your fat store for working around the perceived "food scarcity" .

Note that if suddenly, you load yourself with junk food, it will not exactly work ...
    I also think that is why VLC diets work so great, until your body reaches homeostasis (with or without body fat store still to be shed for aesthetic reasons that have nothing to do with your core health).
    Good explanation dkJames, sounds logical. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Kastro View Post
    Just a quick tip for all you big steak eaters: Don't overlook the whole cuts that Costco sells - whole Sirloin, Ribeye, Tenderloin etc. It ends up being significantly cheaper if you're willing to cut it yourself. I picked up a whole Sirloin there (10lbs) for about $3.50/pound instead of the $5/pound they charge for a cut. Plus you get to work on your butchering skills. Though not grassfed, I find Costco meats to generally be a higher quality than my local grocery store too.
    Great idea Kastro, thanks!

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Had a good chuckle over this funny, but accurate portrayal of what to expect -

Steak and Eggs Diet Challenge -- Protocol | A Call to Action

This was out of the above link but I figured it deserved a direct link. Steak and Eggs

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    What they hay! This is the BEST POSSIBLE THING! I'm at least 20% cooler now!

Starting: April 30TH
    Body fat 18.4%
    Weight 186.8 pounds

Current: May 2nd
    Body fat 17.5%
    Weight 178 pounds

It's working, everypony!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    What they hay! This is the BEST POSSIBLE THING! I'm at least 20% cooler now!

Starting: April 30TH
    Body fat 18.4%
    Weight 186.8 pounds

Current: May 2nd
    Body fat 17.5%
    Weight 178 pounds

It's working, everypony!
    What method are you using to measure bodyfat? It's mildly impossible that those are actual BF% numbers as (0.184)*(186.8)-(0.175)*(178) = 3.22 pounds of fat lost in 2 days. That would technically translate into an 11,270 calorie deficit across those two days.

It's great that you're losing though! Keep it up!

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It's mostly water weight. I use the freebie machine at the pharmacy, it is not accurate, but it is consistent. I can check my stuff three times in a row and always get the same numbers.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Nice. I've decided to give it a go starting today. I thought it was gonna be expensive, but it's actually not. Given that fresh veggies tend to be pricey, and that I usually eat a lot of fatty cuts anyway, this is gonna be a breeze. Sticking to mostly whole sirloin from Costco and the $2.49 cage-free eggs from Whole Foods I can probably do this whole month for ~$200 if I eat around 16 oz. meat a day. This sounds amazing.

Page 21 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast