Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 2

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In. Will not be eating steak the whole time, but will eat only meats as substitute. We should post before pics. I'll post mine when I can.

@Kim. You drink 12 raw eggs a day? Dose not sound good, or cheap.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Good point, I'm going to run the numbers and see what the macro ratios are. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.
    Should be about 70-75% fat, 20-25% protein, and 5% or so carbs for ketosis. Try to go with as little protein as you can while still seeing gains.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Should be about 70-75% fat, 20-25% protein, and 5% or so carbs for ketosis. Try to go with as little protein as you can while still seeing gains.
    2 meals of steak and 4 eggs using coconut oil or butter for cooking will give me macros, as a percentage of caloires, of 66% fat, 31% protein and 3% carbs. I'm curious to see how my body reacts to this. (the numbers - approx. 217 gms of fat, 236 gms of protein and 15 gms of carbs - 2982 calories)

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I still think you'll have good results, it just may not be a true ketogenic diet.

Remember, every single gram of protein that is not diverted to maintaining or building muscle gets turned to glucose via gluconeogenesis so even overall macro percentages can be kind of pointless at times if there is simply more protein than your muscles need in your diet.
    Last edited by Drumroll; 04-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    To enter ketosis fast, try the Fat Fasting diet for a few days. It is not something you should apply in the long run, it is meant for entering ketosis and break through a weight loss plateau. Google "fat fasting" and you will understand what it takes to enter ketosis

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Personally I would stick with the routine as you laid it out canuck. Steak and eggs have enough fat to make this 60/40 f/p or even higher proportion fat. This program was designed for lean mass increase and fat reduction....ketosis was designed to keep kids from having seizures. Just saying. Use the right tool for the job

I think the modified atkins and whatnot allows for more protein anyhow. That and people tend to overrate gluconeogenisis which has been shown to be more of a steady state process that is not dependent on substrate availability (protein). And I would argue that your workload would offset extra protein (as an energy source itself) anyhow.

Oh I just saw that you already broke down the likely macros to 66/31/3..... cool, my guestamit was about right
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-25-2013 at 05:23 AM.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Personally I would stick with the routine as you laid it out canuck. Steak and eggs have enough fat to make this 60/40 f/p or even higher proportion fat. This program was designed for lean mass increase and fat reduction....ketosis was designed to keep kids from having seizures. Just saying. Use the right tool for the job

I think the modified atkins and whatnot allows for more protein anyhow. That and people tend to overrate gluconeogenisis which has been shown to be more of a steady state process that is not dependent on substrate availability (protein). And I would argue that your workload would offset extra protein (as an energy source itself) anyhow.

Oh I just saw that you already broke down the likely macros to 66/31/3..... cool, my guestamit was about right
    Yes, I'm going to stick with the Steak and Eggs as an experiment. I agree it may not end up being ketogenic, but my goal is building muscle and cutting fat. The high carb Sunday was a tradition of the Venice Beach crowd in the 60s & 70s they pretty much ate anything they wanted from burgers and fries to pies and ice cream, however I will stick to Paleo carbs. It seemed to work like a refeed, they apparently got incredible "pumps" on Mondays.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    I'm in, but not untill after my Krav test on the 4th. I may also extend it into July, much more than 4 weeks.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    An old school friend of mines carb day included approximately 3 dozen potatoes.

manimal is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Could this work with any fatty meat or it has to be steak? I'm thinking about 25% fat ground beef or pork loin....of course eggs and butter included

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast