Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 18

Fynn is offline Junior Member
    LOL with the rapid water loss my arms actually went down from 16>5 to 16.25 but weight loss is great.
    05/01/2012 - Present
    Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
    Height 6' 6''

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    My transition day and a half is over. It's just meat and eggs now! Winning!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    My transition day and a half is over. It's just meat and eggs now! Winning!

I'm plugging in my last few meals on fitday for kicks, and I'm clearly in a deficit. Yet, I'm stuffed and can eat no more (unless you paid me!). A mild deficit, each meal seems to land somewhere between 1300 and 1700 calories so far, and at twice a day that's a rather low 2300 to 3400 at the most. I'll keep an eye on this, just to see if most meals and up landing under 3000 calories or not. 3000 calories is maintenance for me, so...yeah. This could go a little haywire!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Military Press day today, I did the following (all weights in kg):
    40x5
    47.5x3
    52.5x4 (In the program this set is 1+ rep, so 4 is nice)

Close grip bench press
    45x5
    52.5x5
    57.5x10

Chinups with weights
    9kg x 5 x 3

Dips bw 9,8,7,4,4

Also did a little bit of pushups and working on levers afterwards, as I was done before my gym partner.

Came home from the workout for meal 1 which was two steaks (360g) and 6 eggs.
    Meal two was 250g minced meat and two eggs (by then I was stuffed).

Going well so far, but I'm afraid I'm going to cheat a little tonight... Got a text from a girl about going out for ice cream, and I won't let my diet interfere with that. I will however hold back and not go all in with the ice cream.
    Last edited by Ghshl; 05-01-2013 at 10:26 AM.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    I just found this thread today. I think I'll join in. I went to Costco last night and bought a whole bunch of non-beef meats like cornish game hens, fish fillets, and chickens but I'll just make sure to cook those with lots of butter and make some cream sauces. When those are gone I'll stick to beef. This is gonna be fun.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    It's great to read all the interesting comments on this thread! Welcome to all the new comers and check out Knifegill's thread he not only contributes here but he's also doing a personal diary on his steak and eggs experiment that's very interesting. I encourage everyone to drop in every couple of days and share your experiences and best practices...Thanks for participating!

Day 3

As usual started out with a cup of black coffee then headed off to the gym. I decided to walk to the gym each day as part of my routine. It's 1 mile to the gym so I end up walking 2 miles in total. Nice gentle warmup and cool down.

Leg Day! (1 minute rest between sets)

Warmup with Abs and Hyperextensions

Squats (full and deep) - 135 lbs X 15, 185 lbs X 10, 205 lbs X 8, 225 lbs X 6, 245 lbs X 3
    Hack Squats - 135 lbs X 12, 185 lbs X10, 205 lbs X 8

Super Set - Thigh Ext. 120 lbs/Leg Curls 80 - 3 X 10

Calf Raises - 200 lbs. 3 X 15

Meal 1 - New York Strip (.87 lbs) cooked in butter with onions and mushrooms, 4 eggs fried sunny side up.

Meal 2 - TriTip Steak cooked in coconut oil with 6 eggs fried sunny side up.

Added lots of Himalayan Pink Salt to the steak and eggs and took my usual supplements iodine, vitamin K and added some B complex today. Drinking a lot of water today, cut up some lemons and added it to the water which was refreshing. I think I'll brew up some green tea and sip on it throughout the day starting tomorrow.

Actually felt fairly strong today which suprised me a bit as I was feeling quite drained after yesterdays track workout.

It's great to read all the interesting comments on this thread! Welcome to all the new comers and check out Knifegill's thread he not only contributes here but he's also doing a personal diary on his steak and eggs experiment that's very interesting. I encourage everyone to drop in every couple of days and share your experiences and best practices...Thanks for participating!

Day 3

As usual started out with a cup of black coffee then headed off to the gym. I decided to walk to the gym each day as part of my routine. It's 1 mile to the gym so I end up walking 2 miles in total. Nice gentle warmup and cool down.

Leg Day! (1 minute rest between sets)

Warmup with Abs and Hyperextensions

Squats (full and deep) - 135 lbs X 15, 185 lbs X 10, 205 lbs X 8, 225 lbs X 6, 245 lbs X 3
    Hack Squats - 135 lbs X 12, 185 lbs X10, 205 lbs X 8

Super Set - Thigh Ext. 120 lbs/Leg Curls 80 - 3 X 10

Calf Raises - 200 lbs. 3 X 15

Meal 1 - New York Strip (.87 lbs) cooked in butter with onions and mushrooms, 4 eggs fried sunny side up.

Meal 2 - TriTip Steak (.78 lbs) cooked in coconut oil with 6 eggs fried sunny side up.

Added lots of Himalayan Pink Salt to the steak and eggs and took my usual supplements iodine, vitamin K, added some B complex today and got my usual Vitamin D sunbathing in. Drinking a lot of water today, cut up some lemons and added it to the water which was refreshing. I think I'll brew up some green tea and sip on it throughout the day starting tomorrow.

Actually felt fairly strong today which suprised me a bit as I was feeling quite drained after yesterdays track workout.
    Last edited by canuck416; 05-01-2013 at 02:09 PM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I hard-boiled 18 eggs this morning.

I'm doing pretty well here except for the fact that my right ankle feels like mush. I'm going to need to take some time off on the running.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I hard-boiled 18 eggs this morning.

I'm doing pretty well here except for the fact that my right ankle feels like mush. I'm going to need to take some time off on the running.
    Sorry to hear about you ankle! Personally I cut way back on my running, except a couple days of sprints, and have focused on weights. For me its all about building muscle this month.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I ended up not having ice cream, we just had tea instead!
    So diet is still intact!

Sounds bad about the ankle, taking it easy with running sounds like a plan.

Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast