Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 15

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Man, that beef and egg yolks feels so good in my tummy.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    Well, my small update for yesterday. Had a cup of coffee with a splash of heavy cream at 0530, then 12 oz of London Broil cooked in butter and 4 hard boiled eggs at 1100, then 12 oz ground beef with 5 fried eggs at 1830.

Now, I have been VLC since the first of Feb this year (staying around 35 - 50 G carbs per day) so really didn't expect to have much water weight to lose but...MAN! I was in the bathroom a LOT yesterday. Dropped a bit over 2.5 pounds of water yesterday! Seems a bit better today so we'll see.

Didn't work out yet though. New puppy made a mess in the morning I had to clean then had an outage at work and had to stay late. Will do it tonight.
    Great start! Don't let the excuses creep in regarding the exercise part of the program. Keep in mind that its just a month of focus and effort. Remember the idea is to get outside your comfort zone and committing to find (or make) the time.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-30-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Navajo is offline Member
    Yeah, I get that but being a single father and working LONG hours some days make it rough. I DID manage to walk quite a bit more at work yesterday and have done some pushups in the office (HA!).

Great work everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    Yeah, I get that but being a single father and working LONG hours some days make it rough. I DID manage to walk quite a bit more at work yesterday and have done some pushups in the office (HA!).

Great work everyone!
    No problem, I'm not in you shoes. Trying to manage a family as a single dad, must be challenging. But hey, walking and pushups are probably not your normal office routine so let's look at it as a great start!

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Day #1 is nearing an end. No workout today, as yesterday was heavy squats, so I gotta have my rest day.

Lunch was 6 sausages and 4 eggs, scrambled. Dinner was 4 hamburgers with a wee bit of a cheddar and a fried egg, sunny side up, on top of each. So almost 1kg meat and 8 eggs, and some cheddar. Is this too much, I wonder?

Start weight this morning was 85.5kg (188.5lbs) and waist measurement was 78cm (30.7") measured across the navel.

Navajo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    No problem, I'm not in you shoes. Trying to manage a family as a single dad, must be challenging. But hey, walking and pushups are probably not your normal office routine so let's look at it as a great start!
    Sorry if that came out snippy. Was NOT meant that way! LOL But the puppy took "making a mess overnight" to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL. Baths all around! HA

And, no, pushups are not a normal part of my work day but it was pretty fun (just gotta make sure I don't get too stinky!).

I have every intention of hitting the "weights" (bowflex) tonight after I get dinner cooked for the child unit. So get ready to hear me complain about soreness tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gh�sh�l View Post
    Day #1 is nearing an end. No workout today, as yesterday was heavy squats, so I gotta have my rest day.

Lunch was 6 sausages and 4 eggs, scrambled. Dinner was 4 hamburgers with a wee bit of a cheddar and a fried egg, sunny side up, on top of each. So almost 1kg meat and 8 eggs, and some cheddar. Is this too much, I wonder?

Start weight this morning was 85.5kg (188.5lbs) and waist measurement was 78cm (30.7") measured across the navel.
    Hard to say if its too much, this month is kind of an experiment by all of us to see what works. Impressive starting waist measurement! Have you had your BF measured?
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-30-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Yeah, I guess I'll figure it out as I go along. Might try to go for just one meal a day, like he does on the Call for Action blog, as I probably couldn't eat all that in one sitting

I haven't had it measured, so am not really sure what it is. My arms and lower legs are quite vascular, but I do have some extra fat on my stomach, love handles and butt that I'd like to get rid of. I'm hoping to lose fat while not necesarilly losing weight. Or if I do, at least gain it back as more musclemass.

Primal itself has really done wonders for me in the past just over a year of it, and I am actually quite happy where I am. But improvements can always be made

I just relocated the bodyfat % picture comparison webpage, and I would estimate my bf to be 12-15% based on that. ETA: probably more like 14-16% really. Hard to tell.
    Last edited by Ghshl; 04-30-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    I just relocated the bodyfat % picture comparison webpage, and I would estimate my bf to be 12-15% based on that. ETA: probably more like 14-16% really. Hard to tell.
    I think those pictures are fairly accurate I just had my BF done with calipers at 13.8% and I seem to match the appropriate photo.

Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast