Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 14

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heck, yeah! To exhaustion, max reps!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure some of you have been googling this..... this guy is one...

Before and After Photos: the Steak and Eggs Diet Wrap Up | A Call to Action

Dude went ultra skinny waist with his EIGHT WEEK effort.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    That's the beauty of 5/3/1, your last set is always as many reps as possible, so that will be no problem

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, read through his blog a couple of days ago, when this thread was first posted
    Very impressive results!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I was considering joining in, but I got both like 3 kids birthday parties in the next month. I might just do my own thing starting end of May. Hope you all get great results! Sure seems to work well judging by my brief lap around the interwebs.

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    As it is, I still haven't managed to do my first chinup. Someday.
    I can just manage a chin up but I'm still nowhere near a pull up. This time last year I could not do a proper press up, now I'm doing 15 of a morning and still slowly increasing. I see my Primal Lite regime as a lifestyle choice and there's plenty of time. I'm just happy to have lost weight and feel good/eat dark chocolate every day.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    This is interesting. I have been doing the JUDDD protocol and coming to realize that weight gained during up days when I allow myself significant carbs wasn't coming off. Friday was my last up day. Saturday morning I was up to 146.6, and Sunday morning I weighed 147.

This weekend, however, I started to ease into the "eat beef!" thing. I had roast beef, vegetables, and fruit to eat (vegetables and fruit in limited quantities, beef and other meat unlimited).

Yesterday morning I weighed 145.2. Today I weigh 143.6. I guess the data shows that as that blogger discovered, even poor adherence can be effective. So I can't really point to a date and say "the steak-and-eggs diet started this day".

I've lost half an inch around my waist. I am sore all over. No lifting today, though I might manage to run after the advil kicks in.

I like low carb and don't really have a problem with VLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
    I can just manage a chin up but I'm still nowhere near a pull up. This time last year I could not do a proper press up, now I'm doing 15 of a morning and still slowly increasing. I see my Primal Lite regime as a lifestyle choice and there's plenty of time. I'm just happy to have lost weight and feel good/eat dark chocolate every day.
    I can do a chinup starting from standing with my shoulders tense, which is the height my bar is mounted at. I can't do one from a hang though. From there I can only chin up about 9" on a good day. To practice I chin up from the floor, lower myself to a full hand, pull up as high as I can and hold. That's one set, lol. I do a lot of rest in between sets. Pullups I can do starting from about a 4-1/2" platform.

Pushups I have always been better at, though like you, I wasn't able to do one at my heaviest at this time last year. The most I have done is 35. Usually I stop at 25.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 04-30-2013 at 07:19 AM.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I'm sure some of you have been googling this..... this guy is one...

Before and After Photos: the Steak and Eggs Diet Wrap Up | A Call to Action

Dude went ultra skinny waist with his EIGHT WEEK effort.
    Pretty good results considering he cheated so much. His carb day sounded like it was full of junk processed foods. I think we will definitely get better results if we stick to the plan and do a Paleo friendly carb day.

Navajo is offline Member
    Well, my small update for yesterday. Had a cup of coffee with a splash of heavy cream at 0530, then 12 oz of London Broil cooked in butter and 4 hard boiled eggs at 1100, then 12 oz ground beef with 5 fried eggs at 1830.

Now, I have been VLC since the first of Feb this year (staying around 35 - 50 G carbs per day) so really didn't expect to have much water weight to lose but...MAN! I was in the bathroom a LOT yesterday. Dropped a bit over 2.5 pounds of water yesterday! Seems a bit better today so we'll see.

Didn't work out yet though. New puppy made a mess in the morning I had to clean then had an outage at work and had to stay late. Will do it tonight.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I was considering joining in, but I got both like 3 kids birthday parties in the next month. I might just do my own thing starting end of May. Hope you all get great results! Sure seems to work well judging by my brief lap around the interwebs.
    Just a suggestion - That's only 3 days out of 30. You could change up the carb days so they landed on the Birthdays.

Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast