Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 13

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Good trend. I"m a huge Vince G. fan. Also, here's a good article - The Old School ‘Steak and Eggs’ Diet for Fat Loss, Balanced Energy, and Increased Testosterone

Good luck w/the diet!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson44 View Post
    Good trend. I"m a huge Vince G. fan. Also, here's a good article - The Old School ‘Steak and Eggs’ Diet for Fat Loss, Balanced Energy, and Increased Testosterone

Good luck w/the diet!
    Great link! Thanks for posting.

Z0oom is offline Member
    Oh wow today was tough avoiding all of my healthy snacking foods, carbs and sugar were on my mind all day. But I had a gallon of green tea that I made which helped alleviate any sugar craving. Ended up getting a ton of yard work done, lots of lifting of heavy things, and a bit too much sun (burn). Right now I am finishing up my last exercises for the day. I tried to bench all the 90 pounds that would fit on my weight bar and got in 30 reps which definitely hurt my pecs and arms since I do not lift often. Gonna squeeze in 100 more pushups before bed.

I looked up best back exercises and I heard pull ups are great. Unfortunately I cannot find a place in my house to do them well enough. On my runs I am gonna stop at the playground and get in a lot of pull ups on the monkey bars.

I may not be going at the same intensity as a lot of you guys but I am sure that I will get some damn good results from it.

Gonna need to stock up on eggs and more meat this week ;P

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Z0oom, it's okay to ease into it. I did a lot more than I usually do, but if I need to I will take some time off. My body can't handle the volume that some of these guys' can.

I have a pullup bar I mounted on an unfinished wall in my dining room. Without it I wouldn't have any place to work on them. As it is, I still haven't managed to do my first chinup. Someday.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro13g View Post
    An old school friend of mines carb day included approximately 3 dozen potatoes.
    Why does that make me laugh so?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I'm thinking come carb day mashed potatoes would taste really good. With roasted garlic, and some cream.

Z0oom is offline Member
    Glad to hear were in the same boat eKatherine, I am sure you'll get that chin up if you stick around us for a while!
    My carb day is gonna be lots of bananas, other fruits, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and some veggies, while trying to keep fat to a minimum. I drool at the thought of Sunday's breakfast, it will be marvelous!

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Hey, Z0oom, it's okay to ease into it. I did a lot more than I usually do, but if I need to I will take some time off. My body can't handle the volume that some of these guys' can.

I have a pullup bar I mounted on an unfinished wall in my dining room. Without it I wouldn't have any place to work on them. As it is, I still haven't managed to do my first chinup. Someday.
    You are right, working out breaks down tissue, resting is your rebuilding time. Both are equally important. Work hard, rest often.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll try my own variation of this diet. Basically I've already purchased some sausages, so I'll eat those. And then, since I can't afford to buy so many steaks, I'll probably try to shop for good deals also on lamb if I can find it, and getting minced meat as that's also much cheaper.
    Did manage to get four packs of two awesome looking steaks that were nearing expiry date, so I got them cheap and froze them down
    But I'll try to stick as much to it as I can.

My workouts will just be the usual 5/3/1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    I think I'll try my own variation of this diet. Basically I've already purchased some sausages, so I'll eat those. And then, since I can't afford to buy so many steaks, I'll probably try to shop for good deals also on lamb if I can find it, and getting minced meat as that's also much cheaper.
    Did manage to get four packs of two awesome looking steaks that were nearing expiry date, so I got them cheap and froze them down
    But I'll try to stick as much to it as I can.

My workouts will just be the usual 5/3/1.
    Great! Looking forward to hearing about your results. During this month the workouts are particularily important. The idea is to build some muscle, drive up the metabolism and help stimulate some fat loss. Make sure you are challenging yourself during every workout.

Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast