Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs page 11

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Attachment 11373

Some history...

Vince Gironda was paleo before anyone had really defined paleo, perhaps 100yrs ahead of his time. Guessing he is one of the guys the original poster had in mind. Born in 1917, he was pretty much the #1 trainer in the history of the universe and trained a bunch of top guys in the 60/70s including Arnold, Larry Scott, Mohamed Makkawy, plus Hollywood dudes like Clint Eastwood, Denzel Washington, Gary Busy, Cher, Michael Landon, OJ Simpson, Carl Weathers. He was also a bad-ass himself (steroid-free).

He said he tried everything from 1x rep to 500x rep and kept coming back to 8x8 sets with very short rests in between, he said that was the way to get hard and lean, not some big blubber+muscle body. He was into the V-taper look; wide shoulders thin waist, and good proportions. Not into gross size for the sake of size.

He suggested eggs, meat, vegi, cream and butter. Stay away from carbs and sugar. Also into liver and organ meats. Some of his controversial quotes at the time were "body building is 85% nutrition" and "carbs are completely unnecessary for muscle". As well as "eating protein without fat is unnatural" and "don't eat carbs and fat in the same meal". He was very much against steroids. When people started with the "eggs give you heart attacks" crap he informed them it was sugar/carbs that gave people heart attacks. Smart dude, and he gave no explanations, so nobody really knows how he knew so much so early. My personal theory is he probably had a genius level IQ. He did a lot of self-experimentation and observations on 1000s of clients.

Anyhow, I just finished reading his book, which was to the point and excellent. He was ahead of his time then, thus I don't see any reason to assume he's not still ahead of his time now! Bring on the steak and eggs...
    Great insight thanks! I like the fit and atletic look for both men and women. I'm into peak performance and great health. My goal this month is to jump start the fat loss and add a bit of muscle. As far as bodybuilding goes I really like the physiques of the 70s, my favorite physique type was Frank Zane. Current bodybuilders look like pregnant cows with zero bodyfat, in other words, they look absolutely ridiculous. The 70′s bodybuilders were the ideal physique of man – they had low bodyfat, but not so low they looked sick, they had small waists with abdominals clearly defined, big chests, wide lats, big shoulders, and big arms. They had perfect V-tapers.
    Last edited by canuck416; 04-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks for the history, KN. That was interesting.

Navajo is offline Member
    I'm gonna give this a shot too. Been sort of primal for a couple years and strict primal since the end of January (stopped drinking then too) so seem to be well fat adapted and usually go hours without hunger, etc. Only thing is the weight loss is SLOW and muscle building seems to be nil.

Quick question though. I know most use this to "drop the last few pounds" but there's nothing wrong with doing it when you have multiple "last few" right? (sitting at 258 right now at 47 years old).

I have quite a bit of grassfed beef still in the freezer and a friend with about 30 hens who can't give the eggs away fast enough to keep up!

Anyone see any reason for me NOT to give this a shot?

Thanks,

Tom
    Last edited by Navajo; 04-27-2013 at 04:16 PM.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Current bodybuilders look like pregnant cows with zero bodyfat, in other words, they look absolutely ridiculous.
    Absolutely -- hadn't thought of it as prego cows, but that fits.

Meat chow down last night for inspiration...

Tenderloin and rib meat:
    KoreanBBQ.jpg

Cow stomach (they were out of beef liver):
    stomach.jpg

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Absolutely -- hadn't thought of it as prego cows, but that fits.
    Like this animal:

There's definitely a baby or two in there...

36142_446310573436_533278436_5444773_4679852_n-1.jpg

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    OMG the trapz on that cow

I think I might want to play too. I need to reread the thread for specifics. (Don't recall if there was anything about time of eating in relation to workout + frequency).

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
    I'm gonna give this a shot too. Been sort of primal for a couple years and strict primal since the end of January (stopped drinking then too) so seem to be well fat adapted and usually go hours without hunger, etc. Only thing is the weight loss is SLOW and muscle building seems to be nil.

Quick question though. I know most use this to "drop the last few pounds" but there's nothing wrong with doing it when you have multiple "last few" right? (sitting at 258 right now at 47 years old).

I have quite a bit of grassfed beef still in the freezer and a friend with about 30 hens who can't give the eggs away fast enough to keep up!

Anyone see any reason for me NOT to give this a shot?

Thanks,

Tom
    No problem at all, we are all on our own personal journey and this may help jump start some fat loss for you. Personally I think the weight training is a key component of the four week trial. Lifting builds muscle, muscle burns fat, muscle ups your metabolism, increases testosterone and HGH. Jump on board for a few weeks and share your results, it will be great to have your input.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Now my wife wants in too lol. Our weekly shopping trips are going to be short and sweet.

Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast