Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fermenting a banana to reduce carb content? page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I hate this, but I'm agreeing with Derpy Hooves again. It's a banana. Eat it ripe or rotten, but eat it for what it is. Trying to denature it first is akin to sprouting grains and soaking almonds. If you're convinced it should not be eaten as it comes, just don't eat it. IMO.
    Don't hate, embrace it. What are you doing awake at this hour Knifey?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm a night shift vampire. This is my first night back, so I'll be asleep all day tomorrow and awake an night for the next eight days.

Embrace the banana?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

I'm a night shift vampire. This is my first night back, so I'll be asleep all day tomorrow and awake an night for the next eight days.

Embrace the banana?
    Oh, I feel you on that one. See, we're not so unalike. 3 days day shift, 2 days graveyard. Really gets annoying and takes its toll on you. Been sick more times since working here than when I ate SAD.

Yes, our overlord banana. All hail.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I hate this, but I'm agreeing with Derpy Hooves again. It's a banana. Eat it ripe or rotten, but eat it for what it is. Trying to denature it first is akin to sprouting grains and soaking almonds. If you're convinced it should not be eaten as it comes, just don't eat it. IMO.
    I only ever eat bananas still partially green... because if they are even all completely yellow they begin to taste rotten to me.
    DISGUSTING!
    Gag, choke... blehhhhhhh.

They MUST have a greet top.
    All yellow is doable in a smoothie.
    If it has even a couple of freckles... forget it! That sucker is BAD.
    Once freckles have occurred all bananas are decrees as property of the husband... who is disgusting and will eat them with evem more disgusting peanut butter on them.
    *shiver*

I think I'd starve pretty badly first. Just the smell of both induces me to nearly vomit.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gah, 3 and then 2?! I'm lucky to work 8 on and have 6 off - until I pick up extra days...last week I worked ten days in a row! That'll put a funny ridge in my big toenail!
    I only ever eat bananas still partially green... because if they are even all completely yellow they begin to taste rotten to me.
    DISGUSTING!
    Gag, choke... blehhhhhhh.

They MUST have a greet top.
    All yellow is doable in a smoothie.
    If it has even a couple of freckles... forget it! That sucker is BAD.
    Once freckles have occurred all bananas are decrees as property of the husband... who is disgusting and will eat them with evem more disgusting peanut butter on them.
    *shiver*

I think I'd starve pretty badly first. Just the smell of both induces me to nearly vomit.
    I went to elementary school in southern california, where any food you put into your lunch box in the morning is bloated and putrid by lunch time. In my hunger, I quickly learned to enjoy rotten fruit, soggy sandwiches and sweaty containers of synthetic foodstuffs on a regular basis. Perhaps this is why I have so few food aversions. Note: feed my kids plenty of half-rotten food. Check.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 04-25-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Gah, 3 and then 2?! I'm lucky to work 8 on and have 6 off - until I pick up extra days...last week I worked ten days in a row! That'll put a funny ridge in my big toenail!
    10 days? Ouch man, I need a day off, no amount of money or overtime is worth that. Ever thought about quitting? I always do. I'm thinking about just putting my stock in bitcoins and moving to the woods or becoming my ancestors and embracing my viking heritage.

10 days? Ouch man, I need a day off, no amount of money or overtime is worth that. Ever thought about quitting? I always do. I'm thinking about just putting my stock in bitcoins and moving to the woods or becoming my ancestors and embracing my viking heritage.
    Well, ten days on still gave me four days off and I got a surprisingly large volume of tasks done on those meager days. I have returned refreshed, sun-kissed and...caffeinated. And yes to the rest. I just did move to the woods, obtained a gun, started studying survivalism, etc. Survivalists have no idea what food is.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

I never like going back after long stretches of days off though ;_; It always feels so bad man, cause not doing anything feels so good.

Man, sounds ideal to me. I wouldn't mind foraging for carbs...

Just got $1 dollar raise yesterday lel oh boy.jpg

It's kind of fun. So far I've been digging up dandelions. But, gah, the gun people I read up on are into MRE's, these pseudo-food sludge buckets of anti-food.

I also love all the doing nothing. Seems it's a lost art for many. People always want to know what I "did".

I'd rather eat a ton of bananas and be bloated and constipated than eat that fake stuff any day! (Stay on bananas! Stay on bananas!)

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

It's kind of fun. So far I've been digging up dandelions. But, gah, the gun people I read up on are into MRE's, these pseudo-food sludge buckets of anti-food.

I also love all the doing nothing. Seems it's a lost art for many. People always want to know what I "did".

I'd rather eat a ton of bananas and be bloated and constipated than eat that fake stuff any day! (Stay on bananas! Stay on bananas!)
    I had one of those for a hiking trip just as an experiment, so fucking nasty, I had to stop hiking and take a long 2 hours to digest that inedible brick. It took that long just to get that shit out of my system, and it probably still lingered for days afterwards.

Yeah, and when you say you did nothing they look at you like you're crazy. "Oh, no girlfriend!? Don't go clubbing?" etc;

Where bananas roam free. Gotta say, there is probably a lot of edible plant matter out there. Dandelions actually taste pretty good too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast