Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30? page 8

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Leida,
    just reading your post makes me tired! Phew! I do a lot in my days too, but chocolate is still there for me...
    I like it this way. You know, i don't like normal chocolate, but lately, I have been adding cocoa nibs into almond butter, and that is fab.

Today I am trying a juice and broth day. I got this book, about a 7 day cleans when you drink different colored juice every day. I basically mushed a potato into my bone broth (1 medium potato for 4 cups of broth) and made two juices, beet and carrot one and a green one. I also took a tbsp of oil this morning as per shangri-la just to make sure my blood sugar doesn't go south from juice. Not sure I will lose weight, but I hop this schedule can enable me to do a couple-three days a week on low calories without the stress of the fasting. I obviously have no interest in the 7 day juicing, but otherwise, the juices and broth seem to have good composition, very low on fruit and sweetness, I go for bone broth rather than pure veg broth, and they also have a wise recommendation for dissolved Hymalaian salt. On the whole I think it is a not so bad an approach.

The book is amusing because it also adds a lot of 'cutsey' uoga stuff, like right now I should take a pen and paper and pour my uttermost thoughts into a journal on paper, heh. And in the evening, I gotta get a foot bath, lol. Dunno if any of the fluffy stuff is gonna happen. I am more into trying to fit in sprints today, tbh.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    flying through this.

Day 5 and into a three day weekend here in the UK, going to be a pretty big challenge.

I am fasting today right through until 6pm later on.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Juice and broth went well till about 2:30 pm. Hunger hit hard, and I was glad to be at the dentist.

Hunger lessened after 4:30 pm, going for a swim helped, but still, despite that, sauna, hot tub and the foot bath, I ate almond butter with cocoa nibs and tea, a small apple and 6 oz blackberries in the evening. Doing the same today, though having a supper of warm mushed cauliflower and an egg + a piece of fruit. Or maybe exactly the same thing as yesterday. Minus 2 lbs on the scale this morning, which gives me a hope to pull a maintain this week on my Saturday weigh in. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Leida; 05-24-2013 at 06:09 AM.

I have made my first bone broth today. looking forward to seeing how it turns out

Gammon, eggs and homemade chips for tea (potatoes cooked in lard)
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

What's gammon?

I am not sure what you call it outside the UK but its basically cured Ham/Pork
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Adam, I understand that your Whole 30 is basically a Primal of some sort, allowing a lot of things that Whole 30 excludes, but cured meats often have a lot of sugar and chemicals added to them, and are unacceptable on a traditional Whole 30. I actually cure my own bacon, to make sure it only has sea salt and spices, no sugar, no other nonsense.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Week 3 Day 1 (started on the 4th): I am still enjoying this so much. Have not weighed or measured but can wear pants that outright laughed at me 3 weeks ago. Still working on getting my meals better balanced but have not ventured into the no-no foods. Still determined but I have no fear that I won't finish. Have a great last(?) week everyone.

Thumbs up pfair!

We are eating at the friend's house this Saturday, so I will take a day off Whole 30, then be back to it. Rhubarb is coming strong in the yard, so my indulgence will be a strawberry rhubarb cobbler with coconut and nuts topping.

The most important decision I made during this Whole 30 is to drop dairy for good. I might use raw cheese in a recipe, maybe, but that's about that. First thing that contributed, was the link people pointed out between the cataracts and dairy, and yesterday I have read about the Pottinger's cats experiment and it completely freaked me out. Not that pasteurized dairy vs raw dairy made a difference for those poor cats (they were screwed regardless as long as their meat was boiled) but I am still thinking to heck with dairy.

Fruit still continues to be my biggest problem. Appetite seem more stable, but skin still mildly inflamed. I am wondering if I have the chops to drop fruit for 2 weeks when I start next Whole 30, and see if that cause clearing of the skin.

Overall, I have not been that happy and sure about my WOE for a while. I just know I am getting it right, and stop doubting & wanting to try a potato hack this, or VLC that or whatever.
    Last edited by Leida; 05-27-2013 at 06:54 AM.

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Hello all! I just started my Whole 30 today. My goals are to have NO: grains, dairy, sugar, artifical crap. -in addition to the other items not on a primal diet.
    Those are all three serious triggers for me, and normally not a huge problem unless we go out to eat or my mom makes food.

My husband calls her "the carb pusher"! Haha. So true.
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast