Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30? page 8

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Thrive Market
    Leida,
    just reading your post makes me tired! Phew! I do a lot in my days too, but chocolate is still there for me...
    I like it this way. You know, i don't like normal chocolate, but lately, I have been adding cocoa nibs into almond butter, and that is fab.

Today I am trying a juice and broth day. I got this book, about a 7 day cleans when you drink different colored juice every day. I basically mushed a potato into my bone broth (1 medium potato for 4 cups of broth) and made two juices, beet and carrot one and a green one. I also took a tbsp of oil this morning as per shangri-la just to make sure my blood sugar doesn't go south from juice. Not sure I will lose weight, but I hop this schedule can enable me to do a couple-three days a week on low calories without the stress of the fasting. I obviously have no interest in the 7 day juicing, but otherwise, the juices and broth seem to have good composition, very low on fruit and sweetness, I go for bone broth rather than pure veg broth, and they also have a wise recommendation for dissolved Hymalaian salt. On the whole I think it is a not so bad an approach.

The book is amusing because it also adds a lot of 'cutsey' uoga stuff, like right now I should take a pen and paper and pour my uttermost thoughts into a journal on paper, heh. And in the evening, I gotta get a foot bath, lol. Dunno if any of the fluffy stuff is gonna happen. I am more into trying to fit in sprints today, tbh.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    flying through this.

Day 5 and into a three day weekend here in the UK, going to be a pretty big challenge.

I am fasting today right through until 6pm later on.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Juice and broth went well till about 2:30 pm. Hunger hit hard, and I was glad to be at the dentist.

Hunger lessened after 4:30 pm, going for a swim helped, but still, despite that, sauna, hot tub and the foot bath, I ate almond butter with cocoa nibs and tea, a small apple and 6 oz blackberries in the evening. Doing the same today, though having a supper of warm mushed cauliflower and an egg + a piece of fruit. Or maybe exactly the same thing as yesterday. Minus 2 lbs on the scale this morning, which gives me a hope to pull a maintain this week on my Saturday weigh in. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Leida; 05-24-2013 at 06:09 AM.

I have made my first bone broth today. looking forward to seeing how it turns out

Gammon, eggs and homemade chips for tea (potatoes cooked in lard)
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

What's gammon?

I am not sure what you call it outside the UK but its basically cured Ham/Pork
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Adam, I understand that your Whole 30 is basically a Primal of some sort, allowing a lot of things that Whole 30 excludes, but cured meats often have a lot of sugar and chemicals added to them, and are unacceptable on a traditional Whole 30. I actually cure my own bacon, to make sure it only has sea salt and spices, no sugar, no other nonsense.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Week 3 Day 1 (started on the 4th): I am still enjoying this so much. Have not weighed or measured but can wear pants that outright laughed at me 3 weeks ago. Still working on getting my meals better balanced but have not ventured into the no-no foods. Still determined but I have no fear that I won't finish. Have a great last(?) week everyone.

Thumbs up pfair!

We are eating at the friend's house this Saturday, so I will take a day off Whole 30, then be back to it. Rhubarb is coming strong in the yard, so my indulgence will be a strawberry rhubarb cobbler with coconut and nuts topping.

The most important decision I made during this Whole 30 is to drop dairy for good. I might use raw cheese in a recipe, maybe, but that's about that. First thing that contributed, was the link people pointed out between the cataracts and dairy, and yesterday I have read about the Pottinger's cats experiment and it completely freaked me out. Not that pasteurized dairy vs raw dairy made a difference for those poor cats (they were screwed regardless as long as their meat was boiled) but I am still thinking to heck with dairy.

Fruit still continues to be my biggest problem. Appetite seem more stable, but skin still mildly inflamed. I am wondering if I have the chops to drop fruit for 2 weeks when I start next Whole 30, and see if that cause clearing of the skin.

Overall, I have not been that happy and sure about my WOE for a while. I just know I am getting it right, and stop doubting & wanting to try a potato hack this, or VLC that or whatever.
    Last edited by Leida; 05-27-2013 at 06:54 AM.

RenegadeRN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all! I just started my Whole 30 today. My goals are to have NO: grains, dairy, sugar, artifical crap. -in addition to the other items not on a primal diet.
    Those are all three serious triggers for me, and normally not a huge problem unless we go out to eat or my mom makes food.

My husband calls her "the carb pusher"! Haha. So true.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast