Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30? page 6

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Leida, I'm so glad you're feeling good. My hands are a bit inflamed this morning. I'm wondering what caused it. I've been staying away from nightshades. Last night I had 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeņo peppers raw. I doubt that could cause it. cherries?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that. I was just leafing though the Practical Paleo this morning that I got from the library, and she told to remove jalapenos from the pickle recipe, if nightshades are a problem. So, maybe it is the hot peppers. Cherries are normally pretty benign, no?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    How are you doing folks?

Having a cup of coffee with lemon today as a treat. Got a fair bit of digging and soil carrying yesterday, tired
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

pfair143 is offline Member
    Saying that this is my first day of week 3 sounds like I only have a week to go when in actuality I am only half way through.

I was on low carb for about a year at one time and had absolutely no problem staying on it; was never tempted by the white "food". Had stopped losing weight after a loss of about 40 lbs followed by about six months of no loss. I literally weighed the same every morning within a couple of ounces either way. Lured into evil (notice how I shifted blame?) as my SIL had lost 100 lbs. on the dreaded WW. Instead of taking a critical eye to my eating, making some tweaks and adding a little exercise, I defected. Big mistake! Have been trying to get back to the easiness of low carb eating and the knowledge that every day was going to be a good day with no sugar monster make out parties.

Whole 30 has given me back that same control from day one. Don't know what actually made the difference in my mind to lock on to this just like my first day on low carb, but am so happy that it did.

Move to the side week 3 because I am coming through. Thanks to bdilla for inviting me. Love hearing from my other partners in health.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    doing better this week. I went to a Chinese restaurant and had steamed veggies and a steamed fish. it was pretty tasteless, but it made my Mom happy to take me "out". And I was happy to avoid all the unknown yuckies in the sauce and oils.
    there's always a way, but its not always good eats.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    had steak and steamed veggies at restaurant tonight - added salt and pepper to it, and it was good. its been a long few days of family and visitors, so actually eating out was okay with me, since I stuck to my "diet" choices. looking forward to Memorial day cookout, since I will make what I want - grilled meats and veggies. cant get easier than that.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I am entering this thread late but I will be doing a whole 30 for the next 30 days. I wasn't able to do earlier in the month.

I am getting married in 10 weeks so going to be taking this seriously.

First day I will be fasting until Dinner/Tea at around 6pm - Pork chops, veggies and Jacket Potato
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

calee is offline Senior Member
    Hello everyone. I'm on Day 21 and following the food plan easily though with a bit too much fruit. I am doing the Whole30 along with the AIP which means no nightshades, coffee because they are beans, nuts or seeds. I'm also omitting beef eggs and oranges because I have tested sensitivities. The last five days were a big slump for me. This weekend I suffered from lack of energy.i hope that today is better! I still have inflammation in my hands. I am worried that I am gaining weight. 10 days and I can weight.

Welcome Adam. Sweet potatoes are acceptable, jacket potatoes are not on the Whole30.

Have a great week everyone!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Welcome Adam. Sweet potatoes are acceptable, jacket potatoes are not on the Whole30.
    I have to ask this out of curiosity. Where did you come from that they are called "jacket potatoes"? I have never heard that term before.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Jacket Potatoes are acceptable on my Whole 30

I don't think there is anything wrong with potatoes from a personal perspective.

EKatherine - I am not sure. It is the UK name for a baked potato, not sure why its called a jaclet potato - maybe because the skin is a "jacket" ?
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast