Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30? page 5

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "Oh well. will be better going forward."
    yes, garp94, I have already returned some things to the store that I hadn't opened - they all have carrageenan, and that is out! I found lemon juice at whole foods with no sulfites, so that will be the brand I keep when I don't have fresh lemons.
    so far, so good these past few days. I ate some fish on Friday that I didn't make, but I think it was safe. My worst problem with foods that I don't cook are the crappy fats that people/restaurants use! At home, I buy and cook the food, but eating out, even at a friend's house, is just not going to happen if I want this to be %100 WHOLE whole30.....
    I don't mind, because my joints are already better. Hopefully, it wont be an issue in the next few weeks.
    good luck!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    I don't mind, because my joints are already better.
    It's wonderful when your joints feel better. Mine are a barometer for me that show me when I need to look harder for something new or different that is bothering me. But normally now there is no pain or inflammation.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am starting to miss dairy. But I set a pot of kimchi yesterday, so in a couple of days hopefully I can have something yum to eat!

My joints started to feel better, but after learning to box for about an hour yesterday wrists are complaining again. Hopefully better by next class!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Day 13 for me. I'm feeling a bit leaner. Hands less swollen. Sleep is my biggest challenge. Easiest part is sticking to Whole30 food plan sans nightshades, beef, eggs, oranges because of tested sensitivities.

Heal my sleep please! Once that happens I will know my insides are healing.

Fingers crossed for you. I also have that prayer for good night's sleep, but it's hard in the summer.... I am considering cold showers again. Eww.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's wonderful when your joints feel better. Mine are a barometer for me that show me when I need to look harder for something new or different that is bothering me. But normally now there is no pain or inflammation.
    this!! (my rings fit better, too!)

chocolate.......cravings........I CAN DO THIS!

Have you tried cocoa nibs? That's more chocolate than anyone can handle... I mix them into creamed coconut or almond butter. Funnily, I do it to get the health benefits of the nibs, and to stave off yogurt cravings, LOL. I really do not like chocolate. Talk about an ass-backwards female.

Yesterday & this morning, I got a sore throat, so had to power through a desire for a soothing cup of warm milk with honey or butter...

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Have you tried cocoa nibs? That's more chocolate than anyone can handle... I mix them into creamed coconut or almond butter. Funnily, I do it to get the health benefits of the nibs, and to stave off yogurt cravings, LOL. I really do not like chocolate. Talk about an ass-backwards female.

Yesterday & this morning, I got a sore throat, so had to power through a desire for a soothing cup of warm milk with honey or butter...
    Leida, what are the benefits of the nibs? I have some in the fridge.

Good job resisting the warm milk.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The antioxidants (anti-inflammatory, iirc), and the mood improvements/helps relieve stress - just like dark chocolate only without sugar and chemicals. I think there is good fat in them too.

EDIT: just wanted to add, that this morning I woke up and realized that save for the sore throat nothing was hurting, wrists, feet, knees - everything was great and I had a full 8 hours of sleep (which is an achievement). If I did not have a couple of things to handle at home tonight, I would be in the gym lifting! Well, Thursday it is! Things are looking up
    Last edited by Leida; 05-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast