Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30? page 3

pfair143 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    A few days late, (my middle name) but I'm in. Have already had my 8am coffee w/coconut milk and oil. I'll be fine till around 2 in the afternoon. I have no triggers duing the day; no special cravings, no real hunger, no temptations. My only downfall is sugar at night which is a pretty major downfall. This Whole30 is a commitment to solve that problem. If I can do it for 30 then why not 60, then 90? As usual I'm getting ahead of myself. Am going for 30.

tech_hunter is offline Member
    I'm doing well with the tea. I do have a question though. There are no artificial sweeteners allowed. I have given up my packets of stevia, I've only used them a couple times in the last few weeks anyway, but I drink a Yogi Tea called Perfect Energy that has stevia leaves in the blend. Should I forgo that, or is it alright since it is part of the leaf blend? I'd hate to give it up, it's my coffee substitute in the morning!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I know I need to do this, so I'll start today. Better late than never is my motto. I am going to fast until dinner, if I can hold out that long, since I really overdid it yesterday with sweet foods and carbs. I have been feeling inflamed in my hands, too, and have cut out dairy already. Coffee with coconut milk is good, but trying to cut out coffee is better! More sleep, more sun, and deep breathing - along with a cleaned-up diet should be just the thing to start me off on a great summer.
    good luck all.

tech_hunter,
    I don't know about others, but my idea is to clean up my diet in a way that works for me. You need to do what works, and obsessing about a little stevia is just stress. We don't want stress!
    Your morning tea sounds fine, and stevia is not the devil some other things are. If a few leaves are in a tea that makes your day go better, I say, drink up!
    Just my humble opinion.....

sigh - I had something with carrageenan in it yesterday. so I am "starting again" today. all these years I never knew it was not good. Doing well otherwise- I don't even have chocolate cravings yet!

this has been eye-opening for me: I always thought I was so careful to read labels, but I have bottled lemon juice with sulfites in my house....just proves there is always room for improvement.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, finished yogurt, so today is my Day 1 of W30 by the book.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Day 8 for me. Doing well. Not craving anything in particular except more sleep. Whole30 is not curing my difficulty with falling asleep yet.

The food is great, so many yummy things to eat. Not a lot of time to miss things. Have to admit though that Greek yogurt nd eggs were my go to breakfast. Miss it a touch. I'm allergic to eggs so staying away. I think the inflammation in my hands is getting better.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I always feel for the folks who are allergic to eggs. Such an easy, versatile go to food. But it seems to help your inflammation, so great.

I am doing W30 to help with all the inflammations that suddenly flared up on me, but I am pretty sure it was artificial sweeteners and some peanut butter I ate at mom's place + stress (I went to help with a family emergency). Took out dairy just in case though.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

KT79 is offline Member
    I've been doing the Whole30 since April 1 - on day 38 today, and planning to do at least 60 days. I haven't found it too difficult so far. I'm feeling good and have dropped 7-8 pounds, which is nice, though weight-loss wasn't my primary reason for doing it. I'm hoping it'll help with my seasonal allergies - especially giving up the alcohol and dairy. So far, the allergies haven't been bad this year, but it's a little early to tell if it's working or not. Definitely feeling good otherwise, though. Workouts are really good, and I've added a lot of muscle tone.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast