Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30? page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by garp94 View Post
    day one,
    Hide the cheeseLOL
    Day -1: Eat up the rest of the cheese.

I just realized that being on the steak-and-eggs 70s bodybuilder diet for a month is kind of like a whole 30 by default...

tech_hunter is offline Member
    I'd like in! I'm on a 6 week challenge on NerdFitness and one of my goals was no dairy. I have been Paleo diet for 3 weeks now and doing very well, but I have had 3 packets of Stevia, my other Whole30 roadblock.

If I do May as a Whole30 on this thread, it'll make my challenge that much more successful!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Day 2 today. Day 1 went well. I'm navigating my way around the Whole9 website and started a Whole30 journal over there.

Black coffee is not as bad as I feared, but this will definitely keep me to one cup in the morning before switching to tea.

garp94 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=eKatherine;1177594]Day -1: Eat up the rest of the cheese.

believe me, Monday and Tuesday I tried

garp94 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post

Black coffee is not as bad as I feared, but this will definitely keep me to one cup in the morning before switching to tea.
    Adding coconut oil is not as nice as adding good cream, but an alternative to black.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    Frig. I just made a giant batch of yogurt. I'll finish that up and then join in. No booze and no dairy? Doesn't sound so bad. I hardly eat cheese anyway. It's just the yogurt and berries for me...

seashells is offline Senior Member
    I've been Whole 30 for 9 days now, intending to go through the end of May. Cinco de Mayo will be hard. :P And I'm still putting heavy cream in my coffee, once a day, so I'm not entirely compliant. But the sugar and alcohol and the bit of processed food sneaking into my diet as of late is what I really wanted to ditch. So count me in.

AJM, I miss my Greek Yogurt, but can go without for thirty days.

Welcome seashells.

Day 3 for me. Woke with a headache. Maybe detox? I ate sugar and flour the day before I started so not surprised.

Yesterday I ate 3 ounces of nuts. Don't generally eat much nuts. Felt like it was the hand to mouth dance. I will try for 1 ounce less today. I'm not missing cheese because I didn't et much of it because of calorie density but my salad could have used that touch of goat cheese yesterday. . More veggies, less nuts.

My plan for today is three compliant meals, walk to work, a walk in the woods tonight and be gentle to myself and coworkers as I detox. Lots of water as my office will be a roaster today. I'm still tracking my food. Whole30 says to knock it off. Gonna work on it.

Have a fun day everyone!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I feel plagued by inflammations of every kind in the past couple of weeks + high level of stress. So, just ditched my stash of gum. I still have 1.5 L of Greek Yogurt left, so once that is eaten, I will be strict Whole 30, next week, I guess. I am also ditching coffee. I don't intend to eat white potatoes, but I won't make a big deal out of it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Hi Leida, thanks for joining in. I am still having my morning cup of coffee, but not enjoying it very much black. I will probably let it go during this Whole30.

I'm abstaining from white potatoes because I love them and can easily overeat them, causing me a lot of inflammation.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast