Thread: 15 days in! and a calories question page

rona_j is offline Junior Member

15 days in! and a calories question

Hi Everyone,

I started PB 15 days ago and all is well! I am 5'5" and was 148 pounds but am down to 142. Yay!

I dont care too much about the weight but am SUPER happy about losing a few inches. 1 inch around each bicep another inch from my bust and another inch from my belly. Let's hope the loss of inches will continue --especially around the belly. I usually walk about 3 miles a day (to/from work, with the dog, to the grocery store) and go to the gym regularly.

Surprisingly, eating Primal has not been too difficult. I miss eating pizza (my favorite!) but there are so many delicious things I can eat on PB, who can complain? The first few days I was using Fitday.com. I stopped because, well....logging all that stuff in sucks. At about day 6, I couldn't stand eating anymore meat so I started eating more yogurt, seafood and eggs. My typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: 1 hard boiled egg + 5 oz. homemade full fat yogurt + 2 tbsp berries + 12 oz. coffee with cream + 1 tsp sugar
    Lunch: 1/2 - 1 can tuna in olive oil + lots 'o veggies + sprinkle of sunflower/pumpkin seeds
    Dinner: Meat/Seafood (usually slathered in butter) + roasted assorted veg

This is usually more than enough food for me for the day. Do I need to be concerned about --or heaven forbid, need to start counting-- my calorie intake?

Rona

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    If you are getting the results you are hoping for then you are right on track.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rona_j View Post
    This is usually more than enough food for me for the day. Do I need to be concerned about --or heaven forbid, need to start counting-- my calorie intake?
    Rona-

If you're losing weight as effortlessly as you seem to be, what would be the point in counting?

EmmettsMommy is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't worry at all. Please take my opinion as just that - an opinion - as I'm new to this also. But for me, I am feeling satisfied every day. MyFitnessPal sometimes says my calories are low, but I'm following the plan to the letter, my workouts are great, recovery is great, sleep is outstanding compared to what it used to be... I think all these things indicate that I'm just fine without counting. If you're still hungry, that's when I would think it would be an issue. I'd be interested to see what others say, though.

rona_j is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, ok then! Thanks for the input. I'll keep on keepin' on!