Thread: Knee Pain page

JTI2187 is offline Junior Member

Knee Pain

Primal Fuel
    Over the past year or so I have been experiencing knee pain when at work. I am a server so I am constantly on my feet. I wouldn't describe it as debilitating but it does feel like it is getting worse. Sometimes it is in the front of the knee but lately it has been in the back of my knee and kinda getting down into my calf. Sometimes my right knee hurts, sometimes it's my left, sometimes both, it seems pretty random. I have been on the Primal Diet for a while now and everything I read online says that knee pain is typically caused by obesity, elderly age, poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle, none of which apply to me. I am 26 years old, I am 5 '7 and I weigh 120 pounds and I stay pretty active. I recently started lifting weights and eating more because I am sick of being scrawny, doesn't seem to have much of an impact on the knee pain one way or another. I do have pretty extreme flat feet, I'm thinking that might have something to do with it. Any ideas?

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    It could be your shoes. What are you wearing?

basic non-slip shoes..i buy a new/different pair every six months or so because they wear out quickly

Navajo is online now Member
    Don't know if it'll help but I started a thread about knee pain a whie back and got some very good info from the folks here. Might be worthwhile to check it out and see if there is something to help you out:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread79891.html

Good luck!

ecole66 is online now Senior Member
    3 things that have really helped my knee pain.

Losing wight is by far the number one thing for me.

The better I eat the better my knees feel. Any time I have a weekend that I eat like crap my knees start hurting going down the stairs.

Lots of fish oil. Listened to a Joe Rogan podcast awhile back and he says he really loads up on the fish oil to help with joint pain he suffers from years of martial arts. I have been doing a bunch of fish oil for a little over a month and can feel a big difference. I can really tell when rolling during BJJ, I don't get those stabbing pains in my knees when I my leg gets caught or when in rubber guard like I used to.

Geeknik is offline Member
    Have you seen a podiatrist about your flat feet? That could be the cause of your knee pain and a podiatrist might be able to give you some recommendations for it. Also, do you run on pavement? I ran cross-country in high school and in training we ran on pavement which caused me lots of foot and knee pain.

toolewab is offline Junior Member
    I started a thread about knee pain a whie back and got some very good info from the folks here.

christinekennedy is offline Junior Member
    I think you should wear soft slipper at home.

I'm not overweight, I don't run at all, I take fish oil, and I eat really clean. Haven't been to the doctor because I don't have health insurance but I am thinking that might be a last resort because it has become a daily pain.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, knee pain can be an alignment issue (as in feet or even hips/low back)... Or it could be muscular imbalances creating instability.... Or it could actually be your knee (mild tear in meniscus sounds possible).

Take about 15 minutes worth of physically examining and we would have a pretty good estimate of whats wrong, but physical diagnosis can't occur over the interwebs yet unfortunately. If you decide to get evaluated please choose someone who knows a bit about joint and muscle function.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-25-2013 at 05:37 PM.