Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Pizza! page

TanyaV is offline Senior Member

Primal Pizza!

I made a primal pizza the other night that I think is really good. The crust is grain and nut free and you can hold it and fold it. I've tried a lot of other primal pizza crusts, mine isn't low carb, but it is much closer to traditional pizza. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

Our Love Affair With Pizza | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

That looks rather awesome, and a lot of the Primal pizzas here don't quite hit the notes I've been looking for, either!

Can you describe the texture? Did it get a nice crispness, even though you could fold it? How chewy?

I may just have to try this!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I love the way it looks and will definitely try it.
    Thanks for the great instructions and pics.
    I'm going to Italy summer of '15; can't wait to try pizza everywhere.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Clever ... I've read a lot of Primalised Pizza ideas but this is one I'd happily try.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    That looks rather awesome, and a lot of the Primal pizzas here don't quite hit the notes I've been looking for, either!

Can you describe the texture? Did it get a nice crispness, even though you could fold it? How chewy?

I may just have to try this!
    It's crispy on the outer edges and softer/chewier in the center. I hope that helps
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Wow, I love the way it looks and will definitely try it.
    Thanks for the great instructions and pics.
    I'm going to Italy summer of '15; can't wait to try pizza everywhere.
    I'm jealous! Yeah, my husband and I have said that when we return to Italy, we will definitely still eat the pizza there. You just have to eat it!
    www.feedtheclan.com

BlackBen is offline Junior Member
    Well, I'm a pizza lover so, I love to try every kind of pizza.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I just made this. It's really easy and it's pretty much exactly like pizza crust. It's amazing how buttery it tastes since there's no butter in it or anywhere near it. It didn't make it to the final product, unfortunately.....as soon as the crust came out of the oven my husband and son ripped off huge hunks and devoured it. So no pizza. But they had hot, soft, crunchy bread so they were happy

I think I'm going to try to roll this out somehow, to get it thinner for using as wraps. Maybe sprinkling extra coconut flour on a board to roll it? It's super sticky.

It's really delicious. And the edges do get crispy. A winner! Thanks so much for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I just made this. It's really easy and it's pretty much exactly like pizza crust. It's amazing how buttery it tastes since there's no butter in it or anywhere near it. It didn't make it to the final product, unfortunately.....as soon as the crust came out of the oven my husband and son ripped off huge hunks and devoured it. So no pizza. But they had hot, soft, crunchy bread so they were happy

I think I'm going to try to roll this out somehow, to get it thinner for using as wraps. Maybe sprinkling extra coconut flour on a board to roll it? It's super sticky.

It's really delicious. And the edges do get crispy. A winner! Thanks so much for sharing.
    I'm so glad you liked it! It makes me happy to hear that someone tried and really liked my recipe You could definitely roll it out. I actually debated on doing that for my stuffed focaccia recipe, but I was too lazy I would just put the dough between 2 pieces of parchment and roll it out. I don't think you would need any extra flour because it shouldn't stick to the parchment.
    www.feedtheclan.com

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Best one i've seen in years on here, Thanks.
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast