Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Pizza! page 5

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    What is the calorie,carb, fiber breakdown of this fantastic pizza crust(the whole pizza)?? I'd love to know!!

does tapioca flour carry less carbs then wheat flour?

I always make an almond flour crust that I LOVE, but I'd love to know if this is as lower carb as the nut one...

Merlin_AZ is offline Junior Member
    My wife made this last night, and it was wonderful.
    A little too "coconutty" for us, though.
    It was mentioned that someone was going to try to cut some of the coconut oil with ghee.
    Did that work?
    Any other thoughts?
    I told my wife to avoid cutting the coconut oil with olive oil because of the cooking temps.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.

Zen11 is offline Member
    I used refined coconut oil - it has no smell or taste.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen11 View Post
    I used refined coconut oil - it has no smell or taste.
    I used refined as well. I ran out of that and now all I have is extra virgin. I am kinda afraid to use that due to the coco-nutty flavor. I would guess cutting it with grass-fed butter would work out alright.

TanyaV is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen11 View Post
    So yummy, thank you for bringing pizza back into my life! Loved the tip about rolling the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper, it was way too sticky to spread with my fingers. I used the coconut oil jar as my rolling pin My son, who does not follow PB, proclaimed it "awesome", we will definitely be having this often.
    That's so wonderful to hear! I'm so glad your family enjoyed it
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by Yoga11 View Post
    What is the calorie,carb, fiber breakdown of this fantastic pizza crust(the whole pizza)?? I'd love to know!!

does tapioca flour carry less carbs then wheat flour?

I always make an almond flour crust that I LOVE, but I'd love to know if this is as lower carb as the nut one...
    I ran the numbers on the crust and they came to roughly- calories: 2010, fat: 128.74, carbs: 188.68 and protein: 19.08. I'm not sure how that would compare to wheat flour, but it definitely has more carbs than nut flour. I think the O6 ratio is much better in the tapioca crust though
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_AZ View Post
    It was mentioned that someone was going to try to cut some of the coconut oil with ghee.
    Did that work?
    Any other thoughts?
    I told my wife to avoid cutting the coconut oil with olive oil because of the cooking temps.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.
    I haven't heard back about whether or not ghee worked out, but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't. Once I make some more ghee, I'll give it a try. Another high heat oil to try would be avocado if you have that.
    www.feedtheclan.com

GiGiEats is offline Banned
    THAT LOOKS FANTASTIC! I would make it minus the cheese - YUM!

jgetz is offline Junior Member
    Made this last weekend and it was awesome. I made mine on a pizza baking stone, so it was crispier, I think, but the texture was dead on for normal crust. Like one of the other people mentioned, it was a little too coconuty for me, but my wife said she didn't taste it at all. I'll try the refined oil next time and sub in some bacon fat. I'm now dreaming of other uses for this...cheese bread, paninis, mmm. Thanks for posting!!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_AZ View Post
    Did that work?
    Any other thoughts?
    Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance.
    Here's a handy guide to smoke points: Cooking Oil Smoke Points - it looks like the only olive oil with a smoke point lower than coconut oil is unrefined. EVOO should work.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast