Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Pizza! page 4

whistlerski is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    i havent really done much with paleo or gluten free baking to be honest, but does anyone think that this dough recipe would benefit from using yeast?

TanyaV is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    My Gal and I made this last weekend, and it turned out FANTASTIC!!!! Great job with the crust, and thanks for posting.
    Awesome! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by whistlerski View Post
    i havent really done much with paleo or gluten free baking to be honest, but does anyone think that this dough recipe would benefit from using yeast?
    I've wondered the same thing. If you try it, please let me know how it turns out.
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    Ok so the protein powder was a disaster. I tried at first to just cut the tapioca down to 1/2 cup, added 1 cup of protein and kept everything else the same, that batch got kind of puffy but also was very gooey even when fully cooked.

Next batch I cut down the water and coconut oil in half, again tried 1/2 cup tapioca and then went for 1/2 cup protein, this one just came out hard and chewy. Hmm. Of course this could be entirely baker error, I'm not great with baked goods, and especially trying to figure out proportions of different flours.

I think my next step may be to try an almond flour, this egg powder is clearly not working for me. Before I get yelled at by the anti nut-flour crowd, my goal here is lowest net carbs possible, as this is an experiment for my parents, who are following Atkins.
    Hey Badkty22, I'm going to post this recipe as a new post as well, but I wanted to let you know that I made the low carb pizza and it turned out pretty good Here is the link:

Family Chow 5/3/13 - Also Low Carb Chicago & Thin Crust Style Pizza Recipes | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I made this last night and I have to say, I was AMAZED! The texture is so "normal" and the flavor was spot-on! Great job on this recipe. Hopefully it doesn't end up making me fat because I can see myself making this way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I made this last night and I have to say, I was AMAZED! The texture is so "normal" and the flavor was spot-on! Great job on this recipe. Hopefully it doesn't end up making me fat because I can see myself making this way too often.
    Thank you for the compliment I'm so glad that you enjoyed it! I have the same concern about getting fat eating too much of it. It's dangerously good
    www.feedtheclan.com

I'm about to make it again right meow.

Sent from my PC36100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

I made it again last night. This one turned out a little soggy. I should probably not have attempted to put 24oz of greasy meat on it.

Zen11 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    So yummy, thank you for bringing pizza back into my life! Loved the tip about rolling the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper, it was way too sticky to spread with my fingers. I used the coconut oil jar as my rolling pin My son, who does not follow PB, proclaimed it "awesome", we will definitely be having this often.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast