Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Pizza! page 2

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh good idea on the parchment! I ended up doubling the recipe, too, and it worked fine. My husband is pretty darn happy right now - eating his first "sandwich" since going primal in October This is definitely a winner and I'm going to make it once a week or so as a treat. Not even as pizza....as bread! I don't think it will ever make it to being pizza ;P

owanchez5 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you so much

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaV View Post
    I made a primal pizza the other night that I think is really good. The crust is grain and nut free and you can hold it and fold it. I've tried a lot of other primal pizza crusts, mine isn't low carb, but it is much closer to traditional pizza. Please check it out and let me know what you think!
    I think this looks pretty promising. The recipe resembles Brazilian cheese bread, minus the cheese. I'm going to try it tonight as a Naan-esque accompaniment to a curry dish. Do you think it's bendy enough to work as bread for a gyro? That would be awesome!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Definitely bendy enough! I just took the last 4 squares of the batch I made and put them in the toaster for my husband's and son's breakfast. They spread mashed avocado on them and added sliced tomatoes and salt and pepper and the bread was soft and chewy, with very crunch ends. They are extremely flexible, even after being toasted. My husband's already requested that this be a weekly thing. He doesn't want to overdo baked goods but this is probably the best baked good palefaux we've ever tried

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, definitely going to try this ASAP! I've seen all the meatza/cauliflower crust/etc interpretations, and while I think they are clever, I know they just aren't going to cut it when I want pizza with a real crust.

Also, thanks for the pics on your blog, I love that you take pictures every step of the way and show exactly what it should be looking like at every step- very helpful when making a new recipe!

TanyaV is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I think this looks pretty promising. The recipe resembles Brazilian cheese bread, minus the cheese. I'm going to try it tonight as a Naan-esque accompaniment to a curry dish. Do you think it's bendy enough to work as bread for a gyro? That would be awesome!
    Definitely! Like little vase said it is pretty bendy. The naan and gyro ideas sound fantastic!
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Definitely bendy enough! I just took the last 4 squares of the batch I made and put them in the toaster for my husband's and son's breakfast. They spread mashed avocado on them and added sliced tomatoes and salt and pepper and the bread was soft and chewy, with very crunch ends. They are extremely flexible, even after being toasted. My husband's already requested that this be a weekly thing. He doesn't want to overdo baked goods but this is probably the best baked good palefaux we've ever tried
    Yeah, it's pretty addicting! I used the same dough to make a stuffed focaccia that turned out awesome! I'll probably post that recipe on here next I'm so glad that your family is enjoying this
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    Wow, definitely going to try this ASAP! I've seen all the meatza/cauliflower crust/etc interpretations, and while I think they are clever, I know they just aren't going to cut it when I want pizza with a real crust.

Also, thanks for the pics on your blog, I love that you take pictures every step of the way and show exactly what it should be looking like at every step- very helpful when making a new recipe!
    My thoughts exactly! Meatza is tasty, but it's not pizza. If you try it out, please let me know what you think
    www.feedtheclan.com

Argon is offline Junior Member
    This looks pretty similar to the Domestic Man's recipe, which is amazing, but definitely needs the crunch of coconut flour that you had the foresight to put in your recipe. I find the best pizza crust imitations are the ones with a tapioca flour base... not sure why. Spose they give it sort of a chewy, bready consistency...

Next time I need pizza, I'll give this recipe a try!

rockrunner Guest
    Just took one of these Pizza's out of the oven, cheese, black and green olive...didn't want to try the first one with meat in case it doesn't turn out well. This is almost the same as my cheesy bread recipe without the cheese in the crust and more tapioca flour.... the crust came out a little fluffier looking than your pictures but a little too chewy in the middle half. Pretty good overall... with a little tweaking on the crust this will do nicely.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast