Thread: leg and foot cramps page

mkbarn is offline Junior Member

leg and foot cramps

I've been primal for a little over two years now, and have converted several friends and family members. I've notice that several of us have had leg and foot cramps more often than we did before we went primal. I've always though dehydration and/or lack of magnesium or potassium predispose you to cramping, but I should be getting plenty of magnesium and potassium with the primal diet, and I'm usually pretty good at keeping myself hydrated.

Any ideas as to why, or suggestions to help?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Baking soda for immediate, occasional relief of existing painful cramps. Don't abuse this, it supposedly alters the concentrations of your other electrolytes for a bit.
    Magnesium supplement and molasses, other potent sources of electrolytes (especially mag and K+) for prevention. You might need more than you think.
    And salt, easy to get from sauerkraut and bacon, helps a lot, too.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Yes, second the salt. Going Primal cuts out all the junk food which is a large source of salt for a lot of people, salt they don't really realize they are taking in (think microwavable taquitos). Also when we cut out the sugary things like bottled BBQ sauce, a lot of salt is cut out as well.

catpaws is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had leg and foot cramps due to borderline low iron and also low magnesium.