Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mom23kids Primal (ish) Journey page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Sara, your food looks yummy. Congrats on how well you're doing. Like you, I found at first that weight loss with primal was actually easier than weight maintenance. I would get to the end of the day and realise I hadn't eaten enough so I would have a hot milky cocoa drink before bed.

Then I found it was ok to add some starchier veges like kumara, and even potatoes, as well as more fruit. I am pretty well able to maintain like that and don't need the milk drinks now. I try not to overdo things like dried fruit as then I get a resurgence of low blood sugar shakes, and sugar cravings. Not having these is one of my favourite benefits of primal.

However, if I drop back on the exercise (as tends to happen during school holidays when I don't seem to get to the gym) then I start to regain. But that doesn't really scare me now, I know what to do to get on top of it again. Primal is very easy to readopt after a glitch.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hi Sara, your food looks yummy. Congrats on how well you're doing. Like you, I found at first that weight loss with primal was actually easier than weight maintenance. I would get to the end of the day and realise I hadn't eaten enough so I would have a hot milky cocoa drink before bed.

Then I found it was ok to add some starchier veges like kumara, and even potatoes, as well as more fruit. I am pretty well able to maintain like that and don't need the milk drinks now. I try not to overdo things like dried fruit as then I get a resurgence of low blood sugar shakes, and sugar cravings. Not having these is one of my favourite benefits of primal.

However, if I drop back on the exercise (as tends to happen during school holidays when I don't seem to get to the gym) then I start to regain. But that doesn't really scare me now, I know what to do to get on top of it again. Primal is very easy to readopt after a glitch.
    Thanks for the input! I'll definitley keep potatoes in fruit in mind, if I continue to lose. My dh thinks I'm a total nut for being concerned about losing more-people usually don't act like this when the scale goes down lol. But, I'm beginning to look a bit too thin, so it's time to get firmly into maintenance!

Off to google and find out what kumara is
    *~Sara~*

Marcie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Sara, I too was wondering if you had 23 kids. Whew! I have 3 boys and one grandson. Never heard of JUDD but there are so many different weight loss plans. I hope to be too thin one day, but I am far, far away. I too fear cancer as it has touched my family. I was feeling horrible before I came back to primal and some days I was worrying I started to late. But I'm waking up alive (always a bonus) and feeling no more pains (sure it was blood pressure through the roof but I may die of stubbornness yet). Here's to living a long and healthy life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Hi Sara, I too was wondering if you had 23 kids. Whew! I have 3 boys and one grandson. Never heard of JUDD but there are so many different weight loss plans. I hope to be too thin one day, but I am far, far away. I too fear cancer as it has touched my family. I was feeling horrible before I came back to primal and some days I was worrying I started to late. But I'm waking up alive (always a bonus) and feeling no more pains (sure it was blood pressure through the roof but I may die of stubbornness yet). Here's to living a long and healthy life!!
    Primal eating is definitley giving us better odds for good health down the road
    *~Sara~*

Week 2
    W: 127
    E: walked three miles
    Skipped strength training today-overdid it Wed. and have some pain in my arm. Will see how it's feeling tomorrow

M:
    Tried another larabar-banana foster- and liked it much better than the apple one. Will put this on my road trip 'to bring' list

Mushrooms sauted in butter, beef sausage with mustard

Handful of almonds, 1/2 square 85% chocolate

Chicken salad on bed of lettuce - got the chicken salad recipe online and it was really good. Will be making this on a regular basis.

Went shopping today and bought size 2 skirts and shorts. Last year at this time I was in size 12 and on my way to size 14's. Surreal.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-03-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Week two
    W: 126 new low, hmmm
    E: BBY: cycle 1/week3/day3
    Walking-??

M: woke up with no hunger, so I'll do food plan later today.

Eta: had banana/egg pancakes for breakfast, with added pumpkin spice-awesome! Also had two tbsp of butter with it.
    Lunch will be cubed steak, pan cooked-maybe on a salad or just by itself with spices.
    Supper at the inlaws-hoping for burgers on the grill, but it might be hot dogs. I'll also have a large salad.

Eta2: cubed 1/3rd pound steak and cooked it in 3tbsp butter, diced onions and mushrooms, with salt, peppee and garlic. Epic! Had 1/2 square 85% chocolate afterward.

My sil is just beginning her gluten free journey and is very overwhelmed right now, so I'm helping her out by finding gf recipes. I borrowed a big stack of gf recipe books from the library and I'm finding lots of recipes for the both of us I also put several paleo recipe books on hold, including Mark's, and can't wait to get them!
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    *~Sara~*

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Best gluten-free recipe ever, in my opinion:

Grill a nice steak. Serve with chive butter on top.

What could be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Best gluten-free recipe ever, in my opinion:

Grill a nice steak. Serve with chive butter on top.

What could be better?
    I bought my first ever steak yesterday, planning on cutting into cubes and pan cooking it since I don't have a grill-maybe put it on top of a salad?

So excited-just found out my in-laws beef share came in and I can buy whatever I want from it, at $2.50lb!! This is for local, grass fed beef I already told them I want 20 lbs of ground beef and then I may take some steaks too. Picking it up later today-need to clean out all the processed junk from my freezer to make room
    *~Sara~*

Well tonight's supper at the inlaws ended up being a grassfed hamburger and a salad-primal score. However, I also gave in to the Doritos, a small sugar cookie and half of a cinnamon roll bleh. Oh, and a fun size payday candy bar Seems my control over sugar cravings isn't as steller as I thought it was.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-05-2013 at 04:32 AM.
    *~Sara~*

New low on the scale this morning, 125.5lbs. And I ate Doritos and a cinnamon roll last night?! This is getting a bit silly
    *~Sara~*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast