Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mom23kids Primal (ish) Journey page 2

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Day 5
    W:128.5
    E: walking 2 miles

M: nd

Break fast at 8am with banana/egg pancakes

Lunch with relatives-skipped the casserole and had a primalish salad, cauliflower with cheese, green bean casserole, garlic toast because I was so darn hungry and yes, I ate a cupcake. Primal fail :/

Supper 2 beef sausages with mustard and a small amount of ketchup, couple olives

Last night's wedding reception was not primal friendly at all, even the meat had sauces on it. Was surprised to see such a small bounce on the scale this morning, which is in the normal range for me, for having a couple nds in a row. Thought it would be higher. I am looking forward to my first primal dd tomorrow!
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-28-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Day 6
    W: 130
    E: BBY-cycle 1/week 3/day1
    Walk-2 miles

M: Fasting Day (fd)

made a mash with 4 eggs, 4 ounces of chicken, salt and pepper and 1/2tbsp mayo. 514 calories and I'll graze on it throughout the day
    *~Sara~*

Just finished reading Wheat Belly and it was a solid book. Very similar idea as primal eating, with a few variations-unlimited nuts and seeds ok, peanuts and cashews are good, cheese is good, butter not so much etc. But, overall both eating philosophies are the same.

Next up is Rob Wolf's Paleo Solution book.
    *~Sara~*

Day 7- finished my first week!

W: 128
    E: 2 mile walk

Local diner for breakfast- two eggs, three slices bacon and a pile of American fries with ketchup. It came with toast, but I did'nt eat it When I got home I had 1/2 square of Lindt 85% chocolate (29 calories)

Lunch-cream cheese with spices, to make a dip: red pepper slices, raw cauliflower and brocoli. Green and black olives, few slices of pepperoni and a slice of cheddar. Really loved this lunch platter idea, will do this often! Finished lunch with other half of the chocolate square and 1/4 cup almonds

Supper-mushrooms sauted in butter, garlic, pepper and salt, beef sausage with mustard

Eta: got a burst of hunger at around 6:30 so I sliced up the rest of the red pepper and ate it with two more ounces of cream cheese and spices.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 04-30-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Just finished Rob Wolf's book, The Paleo Solution and enjoyed it, especially the recipe section. I wrote a bunch of them down on index cards and look forward to trying them.
    *~Sara~*

Week 2
    W: 128.5
    E: BBY cycle 1, week 3, day 2
    Walking 2 miles

M: nd turned dd

Woke up not hungry at all, will do my food plan for the day when food starts sounding better.

ETA: decided to make today my dd, instead of tomorrow, because I still have very little hunger. I had a hb egg after my strength training session this afternoon and then for supper we're going to Pizza Hut before my dd's school musical. I'm going to get some wings and all said and done will come in under 500 calories for the day
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-01-2013 at 01:10 PM.
    *~Sara~*

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sara, are you incorporating any of the other primal 'laws' yet, or concentrating on food first? I found getting adequate sleep(which for me is NOT just 8 hours) and sunlight made a big difference in my well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Sara, are you incorporating any of the other primal 'laws' yet, or concentrating on food first? I found getting adequate sleep(which for me is NOT just 8 hours) and sunlight made a big difference in my well-being.
    I get around 9-9 1/2 of sleep a night, plus a two hour Sunday afternoon nap Sunlight-in MI that can be tricky, but my daily walks sometimes coincide with the sun. During the summer months I'm also outside a lot with the kids and on our sailboat. I am D deficient though, so sun is an important one for me!
    *~Sara~*

Week 2
    W: 126.5 New low (now below the low end of my maintenance range)
    E: 2 mile walk

As is the norm after a dd I woke up not hungry this morning. Going to head out for my walk and then when I get back I'll put a whole chicken in the crockpot for supper. Don't know what else I'll be eating today yet.

Hit a new low this morning and I have mixed feelings about it. I feel like I'm beginning to look too thin. Supposedly I'm in maintenance but transitioning to primal has put me back in weight loss mode it seems. I may try 1/6 or the 8/16 eating window and see how that works. I still really want the health benefits of IF, but I'm getting uncomfortable with how I'm still losing weight. Plus walking and strength training are really starting to change my body shape-my size 4 jeans are too big now. That's crazy! My original jean size goal was an 8, down from a size 14. It's mind boggling how much my body has changed since last fall.
    *~Sara~*

Menu for today ended up being-

Ground sausage with mushrooms, peppers, onions cooked together (in butter) and put on top of two scrambled eggs and topped with shredded cheese and salsa (a variation of one rob wolf's recipes).

My first Larabar, the apple pie kind, and I was not impressed. Tasted a lot like a Fig Nuton bar, yuck! I had high hopes for these becauase we're doing a big road trip tbis summer and I'll be eating on the road for a week. These would have been a good alternative to fast food breakfasts. I'll try some of the other kinds, hoping I like at least one of them!

Cheese, olive and pepperoni platter (one slice of cheese, 5 olives, 4 slices of small pepperoni)

Dinner plate sized salad for supper with veggies, hb egg, half a chicken breast, handful shredded cheese and more olives. I'm stuffed!

Spent a lot of time reading Mark's posts on fasting today, including the one about IF and women, and I've decided to take a break from 5:2/uds and dds, and just focus on transitioning to primal. I may do some eating window type IF, but do it like Mark does it and not pre-plan it. If I start gaining weight I can always throw in a dd to correct it
    *~Sara~*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast